Jeju

Half A Year - A ChanSoo Korean Drama
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo didn’t think there was enough concealer in the world to fix the deep dark purple bags under his eyes from only having a little under 4 hours of sleep altogether.  He and Chanyeol had to wake up at 7 a.m. to catch their flight to Jeju Island, with a mere two hours to spare.  The throbbing that threatened to split his head open made him move slower than usual but Kyungsoo had recovered a bit by the time they landed. 
 

The make-up artists hired for the photoshoot definitely knew how to work their magic.  Kyungsoo could hardly believe his transformation as he stared at himself in the mirror.  His round eyes grew even larger for some reason, his skin dewier, his heart-shaped lips plumper and glossier and his black hair was much, much fuller than usual.  
 

It had to take a couple of hours though, combined with putting on the first of six outfits.  Kyungsoo had approved the skinship concept, when Yixing suggested it as one of the themes.   South Korea’s Wedding Magazine had partly sponsored the photoshoot so Kyungsoo would be selecting six pictures to be featured in their April issue, the month he and Chanyeol would be wed in Seoul.
 

Considering how somewhat awkward their flight to Jeju Island had been, Kyungsoo was now having second thoughts.
 

That morning, aboard the private plane Yixing had commissioned to take them to the photoshoot location, Kyungsoo had stared at the impossibly bright skyline, watching the plane’s wing whizzing through milky, cotton-like clumps of clouds.  He could imagine how exhausted Chanyeol must have been, yet neither of them thought of nodding off during the short trip.
 

Kyungsoo had felt Chanyeol touch his hand, the smaller one’s fingers jerking ever so slightly at the contact.
 

Though Kyungsoo hadn’t turned to look at him, his fingers curved over Chanyeol’s when the taller one laced them together. 
 

The truth was Kyungsoo was feeling guilty.  It was clear to him that Chanyeol had a lot of work lined up for today, albeit it being a Saturday, and yet his alpha gave in to make this photoshoot happen.  Kyungsoo had overheard him giving multiple directives to Sehun, Jongin and a couple of other people over the phone, although Kyungsoo couldn’t really grasp what he was saying as Chanyeol was moving about so quickly, packing everything from bug killers to heat packs to disposable parkas just before they headed for the tarmac.
 

Kyungsoo’s thoughts were interrupted by a soft knock on the door. 
 

“Jagiya?”
 

He was just getting final touches on his outfit.  “I’m almost done.” 
 

The stylist smiled at Kyungsoo and nodded, and the smaller one stood up to meet his alpha.
 

Kyungsoo opened the door, and Chanyeol’s handsome face cracked into a gentle grin.
 

It was the first time Kyungsoo saw him with make-up on, the full works of liquid foundation, eyeliner and even lipstick.  It was to prevent looking too pale in the photographs.  If Kyungsoo didn’t know his alpha, he’d have thought he was looking at a high-fashion model, with Chanyeol’s moussed up hair and his preppy wardrobe of blue cardigan and jeans. 
 

“And you were worried about looking like a raccoon?” Chanyeol teased, pinching his chin.
 

“It’s a bit too early for smoky eyes, isn’t it?” Kyungsoo kidded back self-consciously, as Chanyeol kissed the top of his head. 
 

They held hands as they went to the living room where they would take pictures indoors.  Yixing was there to greet them and acted as coordinator.  The stylists went and arranged their clothes, one of them tacking another pin behind Kyungsoo’s back as the mint green sweater that had been chosen for him was still a tad too large. 
 

The photographer started by asking them to sit beside each other on the Victorian couch and instructed to change poses every few clicks or so. 
 

“It may be best that we capture candid images of you as a couple,” Yixing proposed, advising the photographer to proceed.
 

Chanyeol effortlessly put an arm around Kyungsoo and whispered for his omega to lean on him.   After half an hour, the stylists shuffled them to change clothes.  As the shoot progressed up to the fourth set, Kyungsoo was running out of ideas for poses and simply followed Chanyeol’s lead. 
 

“Last one for interior shoot,” the photographer coaxed, grinning at them through his lens.  “Give me the look of love.”
 

Chanyeol sat down and smiled at him, asking Kyungsoo to fold his left knee on the couch while standing on his right foot.  Then he put Kyungsoo’s right hand on his chest and Kyungsoo’s left arm over his shoulder, as the taller one stared up at his pretty omega.
 

“That’s beautiful!” Yixing enthused, looking at the perfect shot on the computer. 
 

“Have you modeled before, Chanyeol-ssi?” the photographer asked out of curiosity.   “You’re a natural!”
 

Chanyeol chuckled, his cheeks reddening. 
 

Kyungsoo’s eyes widened.  “You have, haven’t you?”
 

His alpha shrugged.  “I was in Italy some years ago and a scout spotted me in the casino, asking if I was interested in walking the runway.  I didn’t have anything to do during the day, as the poker tournaments I joined were at night, so I tried it.”
 

 

 

“Omo!” Kyungsoo laughed, framing Chanyeol’s gorgeous face in his hands.  He delighted at this piece of his alpha’s history as he was yet to reveal to him about his past.  The taller one was becoming more and more fascinating, but how much more was there to him that met the eye?
 

Chanyeol’s blush got even deeper.  He had been in his early twenties, his first time in Europe, getting involved in the poker circles and trying out his English and Italian linguistics.  When he got into modeling, in Italy and in Seoul, he became exposed to the drugs, the alcohol and the omegas… All had been pretty much free access, and he couldn’t say he didn’t experiment with them.  Thankfully, he’d purged all of that from his system before he earned his place in the international poker tournament tier and became a Deep Pocket.  “But I’m too old for that now,” he deflected, squeezing his omega’s hands.  “Don’t you think?”
 

“Nonsense!  You definitely have it, Chanyeol-ssi.  With y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter