Secrets

Half A Year - A ChanSoo Korean Drama
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol looked up to see his mother-in-law coming from the kitchen. He immediately released Kyungsoo from his embrace and bowed low. “Annyeong-haseayo, eomeonim.”

 

Then he heard his omega whisper, “My mother’s joining us for dinner.”

 

“What have you been rolling in?” Junmyeon looked at him in confusion. “You also have paint all over you!”

 

Chanyeol looked at Kyungsoo, whose eyes got even bigger as his omega shook his head in panic. He took it as Don’t-tell-my-mother-about-the-art-school! “Uh, I was in one of the construction sites and…”

 

His mother-in-law laughed. “I thought a carpenter was kissing my child when I walked in just now!”

 

Kyungsoo felt Chanyeol’s whole body go rigid. The way his mother’s eyes were twinkling indicated that Junmyeon was joking, but the stunned expression on his alpha’s face—which Chanyeol quickly shook off—made Kyungsoo squeeze his hand.

 

“You must be hungry. Why don’t you wash up and change, sawi?” Junmyeon invited warmly, didn’t seem to grasp what he’d just said to his son-in-law. “Dinner is ready.”

 

“Nampyeon…”

 

Chanyeol gave Kyungsoo a small smile. “I won’t be long,” he told his omega and disappeared into their bedroom.

 

“Omma!” Kyungsoo protested softly, after making sure his alpha was out of earshot, following his mother to the kitchen. “I can’t believe you said that!”

 

“What?” Junmyeon asked, absolutely clueless. “That he looked like a carpenter? That is one gorgeous carpenter, if I should say so myself.”

 

His child just continued to look exasperated.

 

Junmyeon patted his child on the shoulder. “I was kidding with him, because he was covered in paint! Does that mean he couldn’t take a joke? Would you marry an alpha without a sense of humor?”

 

Kyungsoo sighed, knowing that he needed to lighten up. “Mianhaeyo, Omma. It’s just been a long day.”

 

They were just finishing up setting the table, with five roses from the rose bouquet as the centerpiece, when Chanyeol came to join them, freshly showered and looking extremely fit in a gray sweater and dark pants.

 

Kyungsoo couldn’t help staring at his handsome alpha in fascination for a few moments as he settled on the seat opposite his. Uh, what carpenter?

 

Junmyeon, proving that he didn’t wish his son-in-law any ill will, smiled and offered Chanyeol the bowl of steamed rice first.

 

Chanyeol nodded at his mother-in-law in gratitude and got his fill.

 

Junmyeon grew somber after a while, observing as Chanyeol peeled a shrimp and then offered it to Kyungsoo before getting a piece for himself. Though it was too early to tell if this gentlemanly gesture was merely for show, he did get the feeling that his child had found a good and charming alpha.

 

Moreover, based on his son-in-law’s physicality alone, combined with his child’s incontestably excellent genes, it went without saying that this union would grant him very beautiful grandchildren.

 

Soon, he prayed. Junmyeon cleared his throat. “I hope you don’t mind that I came uninvited.”

 

Chanyeol regarded his mother-in-law in respect. “You are always welcome here, eomeonim. Please feel at home.”

 

And he meant it, for his omega’s sake.

 

Kyungsoo was glad that Chanyeol and his mother were slowly warming up to each other, or at least trying to.

 

“Omma has helped cook all of these,” he told Chanyeol proudly. “The food’s good, isn’t it?”

 

Chanyeol smiled finally, popping a crunchy paprika in his mouth. “I am eating well. Kamsa-hamnida, eomeonim.” Then he winked at Kyungsoo. “Jagiya.”

 

And dinner and conversation went on pleasantly after that.

 

“So I will be seeing both of you at the wedding planner’s tomorrow?” Junmyeon confirmed, greatly satisfied that his son-in-law had consumed more than half of the food they had prepared, and he genuinely enjoy it too.

 

“We will be there,” Kyungsoo replied, helping Chanyeol put all the dirty dishes on the sink.

 

“I would love to stay longer, but… your father might wonder where I am,” Junmyeon admitted, to which Chanyeol looked away. “I hadn’t told him that I came to see you tonight.”

 

“I’ll leave you two to talk,” Chanyeol bade softly. “Goodnight, eomeonim. Thank you for visiting.” And he retreated to attend to the dishes.

 

Kyungsoo walked his mother to the front door. He opened his arms and his mother immediately came in t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter