Surprise...?

Half A Year - A ChanSoo Korean Drama
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo maneuvered the wheel of Chanyeol’s cobalt Hyundai as he turned to a corner. When Kyungsoo had told Chanyeol that morning at breakfast about his plans to meet with Luhan, his alpha had insisted for him to use a car.

 

The taller one had taken him to his impressive well-lit and spacious twelve-vehicle garage, which included a couple of sports cars, a Hummer H1, and three SUVs. The keys were hung individually on a glass cabinet by the backdoor and Chanyeol had given him permission to use any of them whenever Kyungsoo wished.

 

“You can even borrow Loey.”

 

He named his cars? “Which one is Loey?” the smaller one asked.

 

Chanyeol had grinned mischievously, tugging Kyungsoo to the end of the garage to introduce him to a totally badass motorcycle—which didn’t at all surprise him that his alpha would own one—but Kyungsoo had yanked his arm away, shaking his head and walking over to the less intimidating, but more dependable Hyundai instead. Chanyeol had agreed and handed him the keys.

 

Then Chanyeol kissed his hand afterwards and wished him a great day, hopping into his Audi and waving goodbye.

 

When the art school came to view, Kyungsoo decelerated in bafflement and let down his window.

 

The caretaker greeted him, opening the gate for Kyungsoo.

 

“Annyeong...” Kyungsoo greeted back, utterly mystified. “Moonkyu-ssi, why are there trucks and sand and people inside my building?”

 

The caretaker looked at the young omega in surprise.

 

Kyungsoo’s eyes widened in panic. “Who authorized this?!”

 

“Jongin-ssi brought the workers and the supplies this morning and—”

 

Kyungsoo pressed a palm on his forehead, trying to calm down. “Why didn’t he tell me?”

 

The caretaker lowered his eyes, chagrined. “Joseong-hamnida, Kyungsoo-ssi. Your alpha arrived before Jongin-ssi so I thought…”

 

Kyungsoo’s nostrils flared. What the hell is going on?

 

He excused himself from the discomfited caretaker and eased the car into the busy lot. He would get to the bottom of this, once and for all.

 

Chanyeol’s onyx Audi was parked next to Jongin’s dashing engine-red Lambourghini. He alighted from the Hyundai and marched inside the building, feathers all ruffled. Several workers stopped what they were doing and politely greeted the pretty omega on the way.

 

“Kyungja!”

 

He whirled around to see Jongin’s big grin as he was enveloped in his bear hug. “Welcome back!”

 

 

Kyungsoo patted his friend on the back but his lips remained in a grim line. “Araseo, hyung, explain.”

 

Jongin pulled back, blinking innocently. “Explain?”

 

“This!” Kyungsoo threw his hands in exasperation. “Since when did I ask you start construction again?”

 

Jongin suddenly covered the top of Kyungsoo’s head with his hand, making the smaller one duck, as long pieces of gidgee timber were brought in by some of the workers, who hadn’t been able to avoid them as they were standing in the middle of the hall. They called out their apology in embarrassment as they hurried along, unable to withstand the weight of the cargo, to which Jongin only waved dismissively.

 

“Wear a hardhat, will you?” Jongin scolded Kyungsoo, looking around for another one available. When he couldn’t find any, he took off his own and put it on the omega.

 

Judging from the deathly stare still being directed at him, Kyungsoo clearly wasn’t moved by his thoughtful gesture.

 

“Jamkamman…” Jongin tried to connect the dots together. “You really don’t know about this?” (Wait a minute/Hang on)

 

“Would I be asking you if I did?”

 

“This is Chanyeol hyung’s idea.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter