S.O.S.

Half A Year - A ChanSoo Korean Drama
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The early hours had started mellow, with Yifan and Chanyeol even wishing each other good luck as they sat right across each other. However, whenever the bets were placed, Yifan kept raising them, adding a couple of million or so.

 

Chanyeol would not be fazed. In fact, he preferred that the ante was progressively increasing. He had maintained being the chip leader so far, accumulating all of his winnings from the first two nights. He was the master of slow play. Even if he had a strong, winning hand, he wouldn’t strike as aggressively as Yifan would, but then, that brash manner of attack always seemed to work for Kyungsoo’s father as he was still on the champion’s table with him.

 

It was time for the final game. Only four of them were left. Mancini was the dealer this time and he’d turned the first three community cards on the felt:

 

8 of spades, 6 of spades and 4 of spades.

 

Mancini revealed the fourth card, which was an Ace of hearts.

 

No one budged. The pot remained at $26 million.

 

Mancini then turned the river or the fifth card.

 

Ace of spades.

 

 

The matronly Japanese omega was short-stacked but bravely shoved his remaining $6 million worth of chips forward. “Check.”

 

Mancini even had less chips than the Japanese contender, so he bet all of $4 million in. “Check.”

 

Yifan glanced at the two cards in his hand confidently. He had 6 of hearts and Ace of clubs. “Time to settle this,” he drawled, looking directly at Chanyeol, pushing every single chip of his at the center of the green felt. “Raise. $30 million.”

 

The tight line in his lips meant that the pot included Kyungsoo.

 

Chanyeol narrowed his eyes at Yifan even more. How could the same blood run through the older alpha he loathed like the devil and the omega he’d had a difficult time parting from hours ago in order to physically fulfill this insidious wager?

 

“I'm going to have to call you on that.” Chanyeol stacked his several chips neatly in a triangle, used both his hands to hold them in and pushed them forward. “$43 million.”

 

Several jaws dropped on the floor. A few sharp gasps could be heard across the ballroom.

 

“Time to show your cards,” Mancini announced, his throat suddenly parched at the staggering value of the pot, now at $109 million USD. He turned to the Japanese omega. “Please.”

 

The Japanese flung his two cards, which were King of spades and Queen of spades, at the table, resulting to a flush.

 

 

Mancini proudly turned his cards over, which were 8 of hearts and 8 of clubs, coming up with a full house along with the two Aces and one 8 of spades.

 

 

Chanyeol stared at Yifan studying the possibilities and knew that the leading challenger relished in keeping everyone in suspense.

 

He thought he saw Yifan flash a triumphant smile as he laid his cards out face up.

 

“Higher full house,” Mancini declared, placing Yifan’s cards on the board.

 

 

Yifan’s entourage cheered from the back.

 

Yifan smirked at Chanyeol, whose fingers on his left hand were tapping softly on the felt as if thinking about his next move.

 

The younger alpha’s silver wedding ring gleamed conspicuously whenever the lights hit it, which he didn't believe the Kid was even aware of due to sheer concentration.

 

“Should you still be wearing that?” Yifan whispered in provocation, his smirk widening.

 

Chanyeol only frowned ever so slightly.

 

Yifan signaled at his bodyguard

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter