Donghae: Do You Love Me Like I Love You

Do You Dare?

 

The 1st and 2nd miracles happened the first time I met him in that restaurant.

 

The 3rd took place on my birthday that year.

 

The 4th came like one and a half months later.

 

That day after school I headed back to my dorm like usual.

 

As I walked through the main gate, hair on my arms prickled as if the air was charged. I knew it.

 

And the next instant I saw him, arms folded leaning against the fence looking at me.

 

Quickly I lowered my head and resumed walking.

 

I cursed and mentally slapped myself. I yelled at my heart for dancing inside. I scolded my palms for sweating without any reason. Lee Donghae couldn’t you just ignore him?!

 

Not a single part of my body listened to their owner, when their real master came in proximity. As he caught up with me my heart was throbbing so loud like it wanted to greet him. My palms got real warm as they got insanely excited.

 

“Donghae. Can we talk?” My body trembled with joy when his voice rippled into my ears.

 

NO! Leave me alone!!

 

“… Yes…” Instead I heard myself answer. Of course my eyes immediately shifted to glance at him despite my desperate effort to hold them still. I tightened my lips to prevent them from curling up.

 

What did he want? He had been avoiding me the previous weeks. I got it OK. It’s just a game and I had been feeling something I shouldn’t have. I had been dreaming stupid dreams. I was already working hard to tell every cell of my body about that. They just refused to listen!!

 

And he’s not helping at all!! Didn’t he know by being next to me it only made things worse?

 

I couldn’t sulk for long. His aura tamed me. His scent was like drug making me weak. At the same time it was like heroin stirring up desires inside.

 

And now here we were, all by ourselves in the court yard. Twilight cast onto his face. His hair was shining. His eyes were sparkling. His lips were shimmering… Immediately I looked away.

 

“Donghae…”

 

“Yes…”

 

……

 

And then he just looked at me, leaving me fidgeting at the spot.

 

……

 

I waited and waited and waited. Finally I took a deep breath. “Um… If you don’t have anything to say…”

 

“Don’t go!”

 

I gazed at him.

 

“Please… Let me explain…” He was like pleading. Actually he didn’t have to. I didn’t have the slightest ability to disobey him.

 

……

 

I was very much aware of his eyes on me. I dared not meet his gaze.

 

Time just silently slipped away. It looked like something had muted him.

 

Well… maybe I should do the talking then. It’s better to hear the words from myself rather than from him.

 

“I know what you’re trying to say Hyukjae.” I glanced up at him and quickly flickered my eyes away.

 

He was surprised. “Huh?”

 

I pouted and continued. “You want to tell me you don’t like me. That was just a game and… nothing will happen… Right…?”

 

It hurt already… even though the words were not from his mouth. Tears gathered at my eyes. Sorrow began seeping into my heart and pain began gripping my throat.

 

“No it’s not like that!!” His tone was like he had just heard the most ridiculous statement on earth.

 

……

 

It’s my turn to be surprised. I looked at him… eyes widened…

 

It couldn’t be… right? I, Lee Donghae, couldn’t be this blessed… right? He, Lee Hyukjae, couldn’t be struggling to confess… right?

 

“… Then… what…?” I heard my own voice shaking…

 

There’s the fluster in his eyes again.

 

……

 

It was very quiet. I could hear my own heartbeat.

 

Beneath the rhythm my heart was playing, there’s another echoing…

 

I gasped. Tears trickled down my cheeks as the overwhelming truth sank in. His heart… was beating… like mine… as crazily… as drunkenly…

 

We stared at each other. I was mesmerized by the charm flowing out of his eyes. Corners of my mouth curled up like a drunken idiot.

 

I took a step towards him. “… Then… Do you feel… what I feel…?”

 

I pointed at my heart, which was jumping and screaming and rejoicing. “… Does your heart… beat like mine… due to the same reason…?”

 

I was another step closer. I saw him shiver.

 

Just one more step. I only needed to take one more step. “… Do you love me… Lee Hyukjae…”

 

I was right in front of him. I could see myself in his eyes. I could feel the warmth of his body. I could smell his scent… the sole heroin for me…

 

Even closer. I couldn’t help being drawn to him. My tongue sensed the sweetness leaking out through his lips. “… like… I… love… you…?”

 

……

 

Strong arms grabbed me. And I tasted honey.

 

Butterflies in my stomach burst into cheers. Applause in my heart drowned my heartbeat. My blood was sending thrills all over my body. My eyes were closed but they saw fireworks. Angels were singing “Joy to the World” over and over again in my head.

 

I smiled. I smiled into the kiss.

 

Oh my God!!!! I love you Lee Hyukjae!

 

I love you! I love you! I love you! I love you! I love you! I love you! I love you!

 

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!

 

I wrapped my arms around his neck. He circled his arms around my waist, pulling me closer.

 

I focused all my nerves to feel the kiss, to taste his lips. No candy could compare. No wine could come close. Not even heroin (No!! I had never touched heroin!!) could have one-tenth of the power. The softness… the tenderness… the sweetness… the warmth… the magic…

 

As he gently nibbled my lower lip, as his tongue came out to knock at the door, I was melting. My knees grew weak. More firmly I clung to him. I tightened my arms around his neck.

 

To him I submitted myself… completely. More deeply I buried myself into him… into the kiss.

 

He knew exactly how to take me to heaven. His one arm held me even tighter, his other hand shifted to grab my nape. The kiss grew passionate.

 

And my body knew exactly how to react. My lips parted on their own, welcoming the long awaited guest. My tongue acquainted with his and eagerly showed him all corners inside.

 

If my knees were weak before, they had basically become useless now. If it’s not Hyukjae I would have fallen, I would have collapsed. (Actually it’s all because of him that I was hopelessly fallen and collapsed!)

 

Something inside me was dying to come out. I couldn’t contain the thrills and desires and pleasure any longer.

 

I moaned. “mmmmmh”

 

There’s a message behind that moan.

 

Lee Hyukjae… Take me… Claim me… Devour me… Mark me as yours… Make me yours…

 

Lee Hyukjae… I’m… yours…

 

No corner in that cavern left unexplored.

 

No part of those lips left untouched.

 

Not a single drop of sweetness untasted.

 

……

 

Both of us were panting. Both of us couldn’t take our eyes off each other.

 

His stunning face elicited tears of joy from me.

 

Joy overflowed my eyes… when he finally uttered those words. “I love you. Lee Donghae.”

 

He was smiling. I guessed I was smiling even wider. Timidly I buried my face in his chest.

 

I heard his heartbeat. His heart was saying the same. “I love you. Lee Donghae.”

 

I chuckled. A drop of wine leaked out the corner of my mouth.

 

Lee Hyukjae… I’m… yours…

 

And it would never change.

 

May the moon shining bright in the sky above be our witness.

 

Lee Hyukjae… I’m… yours…

 

And it would never change.

 

Never.

 

 

---------------------------

A/N: o.O What did I do?! Did I just waste / make good use of a whole chapter to describe one single kiss?! Summary of this chap: They kissed!! Nah!!! This was not the plan!!! I was planning to.... I was planning to... ARRRRR!!! Next chapter then!!!!

A/N2: Donghae loves Hyukkie so much!!!! Hyukkie why did you leave Hae?! *ask yourself you evil angst writer!!!* *silently walk away pouting, head lowered and shoulders dropped...*

A/N3: Sun is shining bright outside! *evil angst author disguised as an angel goes out to meet her friends for coffee*