Hyukjae: Just One

Do You Dare?

 

I thought it's gonna to be OK. But… I miss you more and more… And I'm still waiting for you. So listen.

One love… One love…

The memories are beautiful… never let you go…

One love… One love… ALWAYS BE MY LOVE!!!!

 

The song spirals unceasingly in my room, hovers over me.

 

I’m lying in my bed; face down trying to bury myself together with all troubles, pain, sorrow, worries and burdens suffocating me.

 

I thought it’s gonna be OK… I was, and still am, an idiot…

 

Kyuhyun is definitely annoying. He just slapped me earlier today. But it’s exactly because of this I like him. He slapped me for good, in an annoying way.

 

……

 

“Hyuk seriously this is enough. More than enough!” Kyuhyun was wearing a face on which it read IMPATIENCE.

 

I frowned. “What?”

 

“You have 2 choices. Number 1. Forget about him and move on. Number 2. Free yourself from the ties here and go back. Now you’re somewhere in between. You’re annoying me!!”

 

I glared at him for some time. Just when I was about to speak Kyuhyun said. “In case you don’t know how to choose, your answer should be number 2.”

 

I sat up straight. “It’s easier said than done Kyuhyun! I cannot just cut the ties and take off!”

 

“That’s why I’ve never called you Hyung. OK you’re here because of 2 reasons. Your father who cannot manage the company right now. My father who’s always trying to steal the company. Now you’re acting as the company’s CEO on your father’s behalf, so that my father cannot steal it. Right?” Kyuhyun spoke like a tutor explaining something obvious.

 

Though reluctant, what he said was correct I could only nod.

 

Kyuhyun raised his head, summoning that signature smirk onto his face. “How about this? I deal with my father. And you take care of your father.”

 

I was feeling a bit scared. “What? How?”

 

His smirk widened. “How I deal with my father, you’ll see. Don’t tell me you don’t know how to take care of your father.”

 

I gulped. Silence followed.

 

“But…” I whispered.

 

“What?”

 

I looked away. “Maybe he has started a new life already…” When I said that, when I imagined that, my heart sank so deep in me I couldn’t breathe.

 

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes. “Hyuk you’ve moved here. Comparatively it’s easier for you to start a new life. Have you? Can you?”

 

I shook my head like an idiot.

 

Again Kyuhyun’s like a tutor explaining something obvious. “Then do you think he can? You know him the best. But I bet he’s just like you now, annoying me.”

 

I tightened my lips.

 

……

 

Kyuhyun you’re actually the most annoying!!

 

The most annoying thing is… that Kyuhyun’s right. I roll over and stare into the ceiling. I remain like that for long.

 

I hear Donghae.

 

… You lied right…? When… you said… you… d… don’t… love… me… Hyuk…

 

Hyuk… Please… I beg you…

 

I hear myself.

 

When I’m at my weakest… it haunts me how much I need you…

 

Donghae… my strength… my angel… my love…

 

I love you…

 

I hear Kyuhyun.

 

Free yourself from the ties here and go back.

 

Determinedly I take a deep breath and get up. As I switch off my Mac and the lights I switch on something in me. From this moment onwards I will strive my hardest, give my fullest to earn a ticket to go back.

 

Every day I pray. I don’t know if God would answer, or even hear, a sinner’s prayer. But I just pray.

 

Today when I get to the office, someone knocks at the door and brings me the first miracle.

 

It’s an unexpected visitor. I lean back in my chair as he takes the seat opposite. “Uncle Cho.”

 

To my surprise, or more amazement, Uncle Cho hands in a letter. “I’m resigning.”

 

I widen my eyes, not able to believe my ears. “What?”

 

“I’m resigning and I have already decided. Save your words I won’t change my mind.” He folds his arms in front of his chest.

 

Well it actually takes me an effort not to smile too obviously. “OK then.” I go back to read the documents I was originally working on.

 

“What?” Now he’s confused.

 

I look up at him. “OK then. If you have already decided.”

 

Abruptly Uncle Cho stands up, opens the door and steps out. Finally I’m free to smile, even chuckle!

 

Kyuhyun what did you do?

 

Knocks at the door again. No don’t change your mind Uncle Cho!

 

It turns out to be the secretary. “Regarding the spokesman of our new product line, JRE still hasn’t come back to us concerning Ryan.”

 

I frown. “But I personally talked to them… Anyway. Give me the portfolios of the others.”

 

Flipping through the documents I make my choice and instruct the secretary to follow up.

 

After she leaves I rub my protesting eyes and look up at the ceiling. Am I now one step closer? One step closer to going back?

 

Yet Appa’s situation… I don’t know how long it will take…

 

It’s so frustrating. It hurts so much seeing a tiny flame of hope go out the moment you try to grasp it. Is this how life meant to be?

 

I bury my face in my hands.

 

Is there really no hope? No chance?

 

I hurt him… while he’s as pure as an angel… knowing he’s been giving me nothing else but love, one so pure and true, without holding anything back. He trusted me. He sincerely offered his heart, all of it, only to have it crushed by this stupid me.

 

I curse myself. I welcome all punishments. I writhe in dust counting my sins. I don’t complain if I’m to live the rest of my life like this.

 

Yet… if God would be so merciful to grant me one chance… just one chance to recompense… to compensate what I did to him…

 

I promise…

 

I will give him each and every single part of me, my everything. I will be there for him, each and every single moment going forward. I will make him happy, with each and every single pulse in me. I will embrace and protect him, with each and every single bit of my strength. I will cherish him, each and every single breath I take. I will love him, with each and every single beat of my heart.

 

I will take all burdens onto my shoulders. I will pull together all my love to build him the best shelter. I will do anything, endure whatever hardships, just to see him smile. He can take my life, my whole life. He will be my life.

 

And I will never leave him again…

 

I’m sorry Donghae… If you can… forgive my stupidity and helplessness…

 

I take out my cellphone. There an angel is smiling at me.

 

If we can have one more chance… I promise…

 

I kiss my index finger and tenderly trace his lips with it.

 

Just one chance. God. Just one. I beg You…

 

 

---------------------------

A/N: HeeHee~~ Kyuhyun Saranghae! You're very smart! I love you more and more!!!

A/N2: This is not a fancy chapter. No tear. But somehow required. If you want to cry hard, PM me OK?

A/N3: Of course Hyuk will go back and they will meet again. Otherwise how can this be called a EunHae fic? But... But... BUT!!!!!! You know there's evil blood in me right?