Ch.20 A hurried Date Pt.1

The King's New Concubine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The King takes a walk into the vast garden of his palace, thinking about the choices and decisions that he will take, thinking about the situation inside the palace and outside of it, and thinking about Jinyoung.

He has many concubines, many of them are women who are much prettier, much more welcoming, and very much have the ability to produce what is being wanted from him...an heir. But he finds himself being drawn to Jinyoung every day, he finds himself attracted to his beauty, an excellent mix of handsomeness and beauty. He finds himself amused with his vicious tongue and attracted to his uniqueness and mysteriousness. He suddenly finds himself way too deep and it is a new feeling for him, one that he is not used to and didn't know what to do with it. For the first time he feels what his mother once told him, he feels in love.

Fully immersed in his thoughts he didn't notice how his feet take him to Jagyeongjeon Hall, Jinyoung's residence.

"Even my body wants to be near you while my mind is elsewhere. Hmmm" the King heaves a deep sigh and turns to walk away when someone whistles at him.

"Pst!! Pst!!"

Jaebum turns around in surprise and looks around the area, finally seeing Jinyoung behind a tree ushering him closer.

"Come here!"

Jaebum walks slowly toward Jinyoung who suddenly grabs him by the arms and makes him hide behind the huge tree.

"What the are you doing near my house, your excellency? Didn't you know that three of your concubines already sent tea with poison at me?" Jinyoung testily said. He saw the King walking around the area and decided to confront the man.

"I am sorry for the inconvenience that I am causing you Lady Park but I know that you will surpass all of the challenges that the palace concubines have in store because you are more cunning and smarter than them." Jaebum calmly said making the smaller man preen in satisfaction.

"Well, yeah you got that right," Jinyoung mutters.

"Why are you out of your chambers all alone Lady Park? I am worried about your safety," Jaebum asked in concern.

"Don't worry I have Kai with me, you just can't see him." 

Jaebum nods his head relieved that Jinyoung has his own secret bodyguard.

"Why are you walking around here?" Jinyoung curiously asked the man who smiled bitterly.

"I always take a walk whenever the thoughts in my head get too much. A breath of fresh air and silence makes my mind calm down a bit." Jaebum confess.

Jinyoung looks at him with interest. He knew that the rulers always have their burdens kept deep inside of them, the people around Jaebum probably thought that he is tough, strong, and always energetic. People don't see behind the mask, people don't see that their ruler is a normal person too.

"You're burned out huh?" Jinyoung kindly asks as he pats the King's shoulders.

"What is burnout? My person or any part of me is not burning, yet. Maybe on our consummation date, I will burn for you."

Jinyoung scowled at Jaebum.

"Shut up you ert. What I'm trying to say is that you're tired of all this . You wanna hang out and chill?" Jinyoung asks as Jaebum turns a confused gaze at him.

"Are you asking me to be with you?"

"Well yes, you know. Let's get out of here and drink." Jinyoung happily said as Jaebum shakes his head.

"I don't think that's a great idea since the Empire's Representative is currently inside the palace, what if I am needed. We can drink in your room instead."

Jinyoung lifted an eyebrow at that, he knows how much Jaebum wanted to get in his pants,..oh well it's a skirt now.

"I'm not yet your bed warmer dear your highness, let's go. Don't think about them, do you honestly think that they think about you? No..so let's go and let's get out of here. Where is my brother?"

Kai stepped out of the shadow at that.

"Officer Park is busy with the palace security Lady Park." He curtly said while Jinyoung sighed in disappointment.

"He can't go then. It will be just the three of us then, you Kai will go with us."

Kai bows down to the King who is looking intensely at him.

"I will guard you with my life Pyeha."

Jaebum turns towards Jinyoung.

"Where are your ladies in waiting? Where is Healer Chen?" The King suddenly asked.

"I left the ladies and Chen is out on a date. What's the problem?" Jinyoung answers.

Jaebum scowled at Jinyoung.

"You're not supposed to be left alone with another man other

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter