Ch.26 Surprise

The King's New Concubine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Xiumin hurried into the night, keeping things as quiet as he can. He knew this meeting is very important. Lady Park finally got what she wants and the Golden Concubine lend him one of their smartest potion makers. He swallowed nervously as he always has whenever there is an opportunity for him to meet new people as he is an introvert and has zero trusts in his social skills. That's why he prefers to work in the kitchen.

He looked around the majestic view of the Garden of Sera, trying to see where the man he is supposed to meet is but found no one.

"Where is that man?" He whispers to himself. He walks slowly towards the huge tree by the sides, the Queen Mother's peony's littered the steps towards it.

"Tsk... Am I supposed to wait for a very long time?" He impatiently mutters to himself when someone suddenly leaped on his back.

"Boo!"

"Aaaarrggghhh!" Xiumin shouted in surprise, touching his chest and patting it in a calming manner when he saw that it is a man...not a freaking ghost.

"Oh my goodness, ajhusi... You scared me!" He whines as he glares at the tall man who is looking amused at his actions.

"Sorry, I didn't mean any harm. I really thought you heard me already." The tall man scratches his head, looking curious at Xiumin.

"Well, I didn't." The smaller man grumpily said as he scowled at him.

Sehun smiled widely at the cuteness, when Mark pleaded for his help he hesitated at first. Why would he offer his help for another kingdom's gain when he can focus all his attention in helping his big brother Jackson instead? But Mark is smart and cunning, he knew Sehun's weakness and he is clearly using that against him.

He likes solving problems and mysteries and he likes small cute things. 

The King can't have children from his concubines, that's the mystery he needs to solve and Xiumin. He saw him when they get here and he is instantly smitten. He can't believe his eyes, he has never seen a male so beautiful, so effeminate, and yet so strong at the same time. At first, he thought he is a she, what's with the delicate features that the smaller man has.

"I'm sorry, please forgive me."

Xiumin looks at him curiously, looking at him from head to toe. He huffs under his breath. 

Great, I will be with another man who looks like he changes lovers as easily as changing clothes.

Xiumin thought to himself as he eyes Sehun, keeping silent.

"Okay, are you finished scrutinizing me? That's kind of rude by the way." Sehun sarcastically said as the smaller man has the grace to blush.

Xiumin coughs awkwardly before bowing his head in respect towards the man whom Jinyoung said is one of the most intellectual potions makers in China.

"I'm sorry for my rudeness too, Lord...?"

"Wang Shi Xun. Mark said you guys needed my help and I am ready to lend a hand in any way I can." He readily said as the smaller man nods his head.

"You need to be with me most of the time. You will be separated from your companions, I'm sorry."

He needs the taller man to see what's herbs and spices are in the kitchens to make sure that the area is cleared from Lady Park's suspicion of poisoning.

"I am new here and would appreciate a tour of the castle. Don't worry your pretty head off okay?" Sehun said with a grin.

Xiumin sighed knowing that the other man is attracted to him, another pretty man who is after one thing and one thing only. He doesn't need that.

"Tomorrow morning I need you to invite yourself inside the kitchens, look for me, and pretend that you want to get into my pants. The head servant will let you do what you want as you're part of the Chinese Empire's entourage." Xiumin starts to tell him the plan, he walks a little farther away from the taller man when Sehun grabs him by the arms and pull him closer.

"They would just let me? Does this mean that they are used to seeing you being wooed? Being courted by a man?" Sehun shrewdly asked which makes Xiumin blush harder.

The smaller man nods his head in embarrassment, wanting to dig a hole on earth and stay there. He is a man who is cursed with having a feminine feature which means he always has unwanted attention from the male population.

Sehun grumbles under his breath, not liking that fact. Not one little bit. Tipping the smaller man's face up he looked intensely straight into his eyes.

"From now on no other men will court you." He confidently said.

Xiumin pushes his hands away and looked wearily up at him.

"And why is that?"

"Because after we solve this problem, I will take you with me back to China, as my consort," Sehun said with finality.

Xiumin looked back at him, how he longs to be free from the stifling life that he had inside the palace but he doesn't want another prison as his next destination.

-----

Chen walks inside Jinyoung's room, lips are swollen from kisses shared with Lady Park's brother Captain Park Chanyeol. He cringes to himself, he knows that he looked debauched and Jinyoung will take his time teasing and tormenting him.

Sulli saw him first and looked wearily at him before opening that door to Jinyoung's room. As soon as his feet touch the floor he heard a clap and he closed his eyes before continuing to step in.

"I'm sorry for being so late Lady Park... I..." He bows before explaining when Jinyoung stops him with a wave of his hand.

"Stop, stop I know that my brother smothers you with his love before letting you come back to me. I can see it baby, clear as a day my dear Chennie Chen Chen." Jinyoung cheerfully said, feeling so happy.

Sighing under his breath before rolling his eyes when he saw Jinyoung turned his head away, he agreed with the statement. It's better, to tell the truth, and suffer Jinyoung's tongue now rather than tomorrow.

"So... Any news?"

 He takes in a deep breath before continuing.

"Lady Park, the man has met Xiumin in the garden. I saw them on my way here. The Queen's family has been having a lot of meetings nowadays. It seems like your brother has misled you somehow Jinyoung. He's not moping around for me, he's actually working. He has the family army to scan the areas around the palace, to follow the Queen's allies, and find some suspicious activity from them." Chen seriously said as Wonhee gets in and prepare their tea before heading out of the door.

Jinyoung motions for him to continue.

"They are in touch with a Chinese Healer, that man is guiding them into making some sorts of concoction that will help the Queen conceive fast and held onto the baby." 

Jinyoung stayed silent as he looks around the room. If they have a healer with them, a very good one then he supposed his suspicion is correct. It is possible that someone from that side is poisoning the concubines to prevent them from getting pregnant. But that doesn't answer his next question, what's the reason be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter