Ch.14 Enter the Palace

The King's New Concubine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinyoung looks at his maids in waiting as well as Healer Chen who is happily instructing the two on what to pack and not. Jinyoung's training to be a proper young lady of the family is finally finished. The time for his entrance into the palace has arrived.

Jinyoung sigh as he mulls things over. Life will be harder now that he is going into battle. Having a King as his lover is a very dangerous thing, especially as he is going to be a Royal Concubine. His father has been telling him again and again how this will affect his life, he will be a threat to the Queen. And his life will always be in danger because of it.

Having Chanyeol as his brother is one thing but as the man has a responsibility as the Captain of the royal soldiers he really can't follow him around for his safety.

"Lady Park, your father and mother is waiting for you in their room." Sulli kindly said as Jinyoung nods his head and stayed silent.

"The time has come.." he stands up and follows Sulli while Wonhee taps Chen on the arms.

"Lady Park has been acting funny..."

"You will too if you're going inside the Palace as the Queen's rival. He's just scared... hesitant. Let's just understand what he's going through now." Chen shakes his head as he pities Jinyoung, the man clearly doesn't want a complicated life but fate screws him over.

Meanwhile, Jinyoung bows down to his parents and sat in front of them.

"Jinyoung, the time has come for you to leave. I want you to be ready, I already briefed you on how things are inside the palace, I know you understand everything. I just wanted to wish you luck and if ever things are difficult inside never hesitate to call on us, we are always here for you." Minister Park said with a kind smile as Lady Park sadly reaches out to grab the man's hands.

"I will miss being with you Nyoung ah..thank you for allowing me to have a daughter even in name only. Always remember I am you Eomma here, no matter what everyone else will say."

Jinyoung smiles at the two, tearfully acknowledging them as his parents.

"Thank you so much for all your help, Appa Eomma. I will do my best inside the palace, I know I can count on you and I will do the same. Any time you need help call on me, I will help you as much as I can."

Minister Park shrewdly looks at his daughter with a lifted eyebrow.

"You are ready to play the game?"

"Yes Appa, I know that I am the pawn in this story but I won't let anyone control me or sacrifice me. I am my own person, I create my own destiny."

Lady Park looks at Jinyoung with pride.

"Then let me introduce you to your personal guards."

The door opens and a couple of men walk inside. They bow down to the Minister and sat down.

"They are our people, they are loyal to our family and you have them as your private guards inside the palace. They are already one of the palace soldiers, the King already knows of this and allows us to have some control over your safety."

Do Kyungsoo smiled at Jinyoung when he saw the lady looking at him and winked. Jinyoung looks at the man beside him with curiosity, he has never seen the man before.

"You already know Kyungsoo, the man next to him is Kai. He's your personal shadow, Kyungsoo will be your guard in front of the people's eyes but Kai will be with you every second of the day."

Kai bows his head toward Jinyoung.

"It's a pleasure to guard your safety Lady Park, I will do my best to protect you." He said confidently.

"Next is Minseok, he's one of the kitchen staff and is responsible for making sure that no poison will ever touch your lips. Please note that he can only do so much, he can't directly prevent these horrendous acts from happening but he can warn you ahead of time."

Minseok bows his head.

"I will do my best to guard your safety, Lady Park."

"Now Chen and Baekhyun are the King's people, they answer to him and are loyal to him but you can also count on their help. They are the Royal Healers."

Jinyoung look around, suddenly overwhelmed by the support that is given to him, in this unfamiliar world that he's in, the sight of some friendly face is highly appreciated.

"Thank you so much, I will also do my best for our family. Father, I will help you and the King in molding this Kingdom for the better."

"Thank you Park Jinyoung."

--------------------

The King paces back and forth..his excitement is shown, and the servants keep on smiling as they also feel happy that their King is finally having what he wants for a change.

"Eunuch Jia, how much more will I wait?" Jaebum asked for the hundredth time that day.

"Just a little bit more Pyeha, as you ordered we have our men on the lookout and we will be notified immediately once Lady Park's palanquin has reached our area." Eunuch Jia gently said as the King gets impatient.

"I will meet him at the palace entrance."

The servants gasp in shock. The King will show his favoritism towards Lady Park and words will spread out that he went out of his way to greet the Lady.

Lady Park is now on his palanquin, on his way to formally enter the palace as one of King Jaebum's concubines. He will be one of the concubines but he knew that Jaebum will mess things up. The man will probably insist that he be given a higher rank.

"Jaebum needs to relax..that er really gets on my nerves sometimes. I mean I know I'm beautiful and all but he really should control himself." Jinyoung mutters to himself.

Sulli looks at Wonhee who shuts her up with a shake of her head. Sometimes Lady Park talks to herself and they are worried that someone else might hear her and tell the palace shamans that she is insane.

Chen also hears the Lady's mutterings which is why he slams the side of the palanquin and heard Jinyoung's curse.

"What?!"

"You need to shut the up Lady Park..we are entering the gates of hell. And if someone hears you, they will think you're not right in the head."

" them! I will talk to myself whenever I want! And they can't stop me!"

Chen rolls his eyes.

"This conversation is nonsense. Let the Lady do what she wants. Spoiled little..." Chen stomps his way to the front as Kyungsoo smirks at the little healer.

"You will see Captain Park soon Healer Chen.," Kyungsoo whispers towards him. Chen gasp in surprise, an embarrassed blush on his face.

Is he so obvious that even Officer Kyungsoo knows the extent of his feelings for the Captain?

"What do you mean.. I'm not looking forward to seeing him, I just saw him at their family house." Chen stutters as Kyungsoo leans down towards him.

"You can hide everything but n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter