Ch.27 The Battle of the dress

The King's New Concubine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minister Park stared dumbfoundedly at the royal summon which is laid out on his desk. He thought there is still some time before the union between the King and his adopted daughter will commence. Alas, the heavens have other plans indeed for the young child who now calls him father. Tapping a finger on his chin as he let his mind get muddled in his thoughts he knew exactly what will happen after Jinyoung's coronation.

 

The Queen is known to be composed and acts cool every time, as was her duty to the country but everyone inside the palace knew how she can throw a royal fit. She will try every way to get Jinyoung killed and get the young woman out of her way.

 

"Hmmm, I wonder what will Jinyoung do when he finally realizes how dangerous this whole ordeal is for his life? Will he run and hide or will he face the challenge head-on?" the older man mutters to himself and chuckles after that.

 

Knowing Jinyoung, the young one will surely fight back. He worries about the situation but he is not worried about his child...he knows what to do and now he needs to be prepared for the upcoming fight. When Jinyoung gets crowned as a Royal consort their family will gain influence and respect from the people. They will also gain lots of enemies whose main purpose is to annihilate them in any way they can.

 

"Jiro..."

 

A servant came in and bowed his head.

 

"I want the elders from our clan to be aware of what is to come, inform my allies that I want a meeting with them as soon as possible. To make sure they will make haste tell them my daughter is to wed our King in a few days." 

 

"As you wish Master." 

 

Minister Park watched his servant walks out of the room and into the night.

 

Now the Park clan will get ready for a long battle ahead. With them behind Jinyoung as his support system, Minister Park hoped that their clan will be written in history as the only family who took a chance and stood beside the King, stood beside the truth and the just.

 

"A toast to my daughter and to our upcoming victory."

 

-----------------------------------------------------------

Chen, Sulli, and Wonhee are in a rush, Word has spread like fire to a bush and the whole palace is in chaos. What worried them the most is the Queen. They all know that the woman won't make things easier for Jinyoung especially now that the King is openly showing his favor towards Lady Park. Sulli turns a worried look towards the two.

 

"What are we going to do now?" she whispers.

 

"Nothing, just act as if nothing is amiss. Everything will go according to plan and we just have to be vigilant and alert at all times." Chen recited in his sotto voice. 

 

"Chen.." 

 

"Oh my Gaaa..Officer Do, please. Will you stop sneaking up on people? You're worst than Kai." Chen grumpily said as he glared the man down.

 

"I am only here to relay a message from Xiumin."

 

"What is it." the healer whispers urgently.

 

"He said that it is necessary for you to use his gift today, whatever that means. I will get back to guarding Lady Park now." the man silently goes while Chen dumbfoundedly looks at his retreating back.

 

"What does that mean?" Wonhee whispers to the Healer who has a serious expression on his voice now.

 

"It means that the war finally started, and Lady Park's life is in danger." he tensely said as he looks around the area for intruders. He knew he won't be able to see them but he can surely feel them around. The Queen has a very influential clan behind her, they are one of the best in dealing with power and politics.

 

"I want the two of you to be on your best and always stay ready for whatever might happen. We are the only ones that Jinyoung can fully trust and we are against one of the biggest clans in the country."

 

"As you say, Healer Chen." Sulli and Wonhee bowed down before rushing to their tasks. Chen went inside Jinyoung's room to find him staring into the garden. Looking wistfully into nothing. He coughs to grab his attention.

 

"What is it, Chen? Are they all ready to ruin my life?" Jinyoung asked with a smile but the Healer noticed that it lacks the usual liveliness to it. Maybe Lady Park is hiding feelings behind a witty remark, or a wide smile and a brash attitude.

 

"They are preparing for the upcoming coronation Lady Park but I heard the news that the King wanted a wedding instead of a mere coronation for you as the newest concubine," Chen whispers hastily as Jinyoung turns that news inside his head.

 

A wedding with a mere concubine huh?

 

"It means that the Queen will surely come for my head now," he murmurs as the healer nodded his head in agreement.

 

"Then so be it."

 

Chen was left slack-jawed at the statement.

 

"What...Lady Park."

 

"She will always be after me, I am the one who holds her husband's interest, and any wife who is in love with her husband will be like that. Very understandable and very predictable." he calmly said as Sulli comes in with their tea.

 

"Aren't you at least a little bit scared of what is to come..." Chen tentatively asked as he served them tea.

 

"I am but, will my fear be able to help me with this whole mess? I don't think so. I can't do anything but deal with whatever fate has thrown my way."

 

"What is your plan now Lady Park?" 

 

"I will be the King's newest consort and will be second only to the Queen. I will gain influence and the help of the imperial shaman. I need her help in order to get back to the future. I need her to get back to my life, my real life."

 

"So you will gain power and influence...and then leave.." the healer whispers with a hint of sadness in his voice.

 

Jinyoung looked back at the healer with a small smile.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter