Ch. 17 Behind the Queen

The King's New Concubine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinyoung walks silently towards his palace, silently mulling over the information in his head. Thinking about the next step he should take to gain access to the palace shaman. 

He knew that for him to have the freedom to move inside the palace he needs to gain supporters, he needs to gain influence and power. In that way, he will be left alone to do as he wants.

"The King's entourage is waiting for us Lady Park," Wonhee announces as they get nearer.

Jinyoung curses under his breath, of course, Jaebum will be here. What an impatient man the King is. Now those es, (the other concubines) will have something to talk about again, he is supposed to come to the King, not the other way around.

"I know he is your King but if I have a chance I will kick his . Rumors about us will spread out again, that man..haisst." Jinyoung exasperatedly said.

"Please remember to hold out your temper Lady Park," Chen mutters.

"I can't promise you that, what is he thinking. I am supposed to go to him, he's not supposed to show his feelings towards me this way. Now the other concubines will be after my throat."

Chen silently agrees as he saw first hand how the other concubines went at each other's throats. But alas, Jaebum is their King and should be respected by all.

Eunuch Jia bows down and greets Jinyoung.

"A pleasant day to you Lady Park, the King is waiting for you inside."

"Thank you, Eunuch Jia."

Jinyoung walks inside and glared at the amused looking King, who is sitting comfortably as he was being served tea by Healer Byun.

"Lady Park, finally you graced me with your presence." Jaebum greets him warmly.

Jinyoung sat in front of the King.

"I am supposed to come and see you Pyeha, it is very unfair for the other concubines to see you spend so much time in my presence." 

"But I love to be in your presence and their opinion doesn't matter to me. Tell me how are things going on?"

Baekhyun excuses himself and sits beside Chen.

"Hi, haven't seen you around," Baekhyun said with a smile towards his best friend.

"Yeah..been busy. I'm so sorry Baek.." Chen mutters also thinking about his crush towards Chanyeol who is somewhat romantically involved with him.

Baekhyun fiddles with his clothes before leaning towards the smaller man.

"Come to my room later, you owe me a visit and I missed you." He straightforwardly said.

"Hmmm okay Baek, I will visit later." 

They both look up as Jinyoung slams a hand on the table.

"You can't do this Jaebeom ah...are you the one who will suffer from those es? No, it's me, and you said you want me but you're not even trying to protect me, !" Jinyoung hisses as Jaebum shrugs.

"I am making you mine, you are my concubine and I want you more than them. I have no responsibility to explain my actions. And if they ever harm you I will end their life."

Jinyoung sits down and shakes his head at the King.

"Haist...why do I have to put up with you." Jinyoung sulks as Jaebum scowls at him.

"You better behave yourself, Lady Park, I am the King and you will submit to me. I will talk to the Queen to hasten up the induction ceremony." Jaebum stated which shocks all of the people inside the room.

"Now is not the right time for the King to test the Queen's patience, as far as I heard it is on thin ice already since Jinyoung gets here." Baekhyun furiously whispers towards his best friend who worriedly bites his lips.

"What are you doing now Jinyoung... stop the King!" Chen whispers as Jinyoung sits up straight.

"Yes..you should do that. The quicker the better." Jinyoung smiled at the King who lifted an eyebrow at him.

"I knew you were up to something."

"What? No, I'm not!" Jinyoung denied as Jaebum chuckles.

"I knew it. Whatever it is Jinyoung, just make sure that you don't harm yourself or your friends. I wouldn't want you to die before bearing me an heir." 

Jinyoung spits out his tea at that statement.

"Wha...what the ?! The hell are you saying?! I don't have the ing parts for that your highness King of the Underworld." Jinyoung blurted out as Jaebum clap his hands.

"But the shaman knows just the right magic to make it happen. I knew it...I put all the best scholars and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter