Ch.15 The Queen Mother

The King's New Concubine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinyoung has been woken up early by his maids and was forced to fully wake up and be alert to greet the Queen and the Queen Mother. Due to his newbie status, he needs to serve the Queen Mother until the time comes for his induction as the newest concubine.

Sulli looks at him with worry in her eyes, knowing how the process inside the palace, she is unsure if Jinyoung can handle her temper. 

"Why do you look so glum Sulli?" Jinyoung asked as he let them prepare his bath. 

"My Lady..no matter how hard the task is please always handle your temper. It is the Queen Mother that you will serve."

"I know Sulli, stop worrying so much. Have a little trust why don't you. I can do this. I'll just greet her and pour her some tea and that's it."

Sulli looks at Wonhee who sighs.

"Lady Park, always be on your guard. We don't know if the Queen Mother likes you or not. As far as we know she is more lenient towards the Queen."

"I don't care, I just want to survive my stay here and go back to my time. I will not disgrace my family name if that's what you guys think."

The trio walks towards the bath area where Chen is waiting.

"Thank you Sulli and Wonhee, I will take it from here."

The two walks out whispering to each other. Wondering for the nth time on why Chen...a male Healer is the one who always assists Jinyoung in his. bath (Remember that only people know his real uality, to others he is a she. Hence they refer to him as her in some of my writings. Sorry for the confusion guys.)

Jinyoung walks into the bathhouse with ease as he lifted an eyebrow towards Chen. 

"I don't know what's going on through your mind but do you think that those two aren't curious enough that they are not allowed to assist me on my bath and you a male Healer can?"

"They are bound to get suspicious but they won't do anything about it and keep their mouths shut. That's the benefit of having your people inside. It's your decision to reveal your identity to them, that is if you truly trust them." Chen slowly said as he helps the man take off his hanbok.

"I do trust them but I am reluctant to say anything at this point."

"Very good. Never ever reveal your thoughts while in the presence of others. Now, let me fill you in with some information regarding the Queen Mother. She is not the King's biological mother as King Jaebum is the son of Consort Jang."

Jinyoung looks at Chen quickly.

"Wait...Lady Jang...as in the rival of Dongyi in that popular historical series?!! Holy ...Oh my God. This is so ing surreal." Jinyoung gasps as he grabs his hair in shock. 

I'm really ing dreaming.. maybe I'm in a coma or something. I need to ing wake up!

"Chen slap me..."

Chen looks at him in surprise and confusion.

"Ahmmm...why Lady Park."

"Just do it!"

Chen slaps him quickly, Jinyoung shouts in pain.

"Ahhh...gadd. Not that hard Chen!!"

"But...but you said I should slap so slap you. Maybe we should get on with your bath Lady Park and then eat some because you've been acting weird lately..more stranger than before."

Chen shoved the whining Jinyoung into the large luxurious tub that is filled with warm water. It is one of the gifts from the Emperor of China who once visited their Kingdom in disguised.

"Ahhh...thanks to the heaven for this warm water," Jinyoung mutters as he enjoys his bath. 

Chen keeping a safe distance as he knew by now that Jinyoung wants to bathe by himself and is adamant that no other hand touches his body.

"Lady Park, once you meet the Queen Mother please make it your goal to win her favor"

"Why would I do that? I have the King's favor already, surely I have some power here already."

"Yes..that is so Lady Park but in this cruel game you need all the help you can get, and what can you lose by having another influential person within the court as your ally?"

Jinyoung stayed silent.

"But you said that she's more lenient towards the Queen."

"Yes..that is because the Queen has blocked all other concubines from making a great impression towards the Queen Mother, she makes sure that no other can be close to the Queen Mother than her."

"So what you're trying to say is...I have this one chance for that old lady to like me."

"Yes."

That morning Jinyoung was ushered out of his home and into the Queen Mother's hall, seeing all the other concubines mill around the area in the pretense of waking up early and having a nice morning outside when the truth is they wanted to be present to assess their new competition. The Minister of Justice's daughter Lady Park Jinyoung.

She is now infamously known as the new lady which captures the King's interest and Jaebum's action on her first day at the palace has spread like wildfire throughout the place. Murmurs of protest are heard as the concubines' releases their anger, how come a new concubine get two ladies in waiting for her own, isn't that too much? 

As the new addition

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter