Ch.25 The Golden Concubine II

The King's New Concubine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinyoung taps his hands as he waits patiently for Mark to finally arrived at his place, he is thinking of how to open the topic to his friend when he knew that they need to make sure that they are not being overheard. He needs to stall their conversation until Kai give him the go signal.

 

"Yoh! you never visits me." Mark cheerfully said as he barges inside the room, clearly excited about seeing his friend again.

 

Jinyoung grinned and stood up to accept that hug from the older man.

 

"I've been busy, it is a pleasure that you are finally here. It is so hard to get to you, much harder than going to the Queen." Jinyoung explained with eyes as Mark pinches his hands and moves to sit down.

 

When the two are comfortably chatting Sulli came in with the tea and refreshments. Silently nudging the white folded paper towards Jinyoung. It is Kai's signal.

 

"We are free." He mutters under his breath as Mark smiled in satisfaction.

 

"What do you need? Your servant came to me and told me you need a word, I got curious enough. You have the cellphone, why bother seeing me when you can talk to me anytime you want?" Mark seriously said knowing that Jinyoung wants something from him.

 

"I have something to tell you and you need to listen up, that way you will understand what I need." 

 

Jinyoung relayed his vow to be beside the King as his support system, his suspicion about the Queen's poisoning as well as the suspicious lack of heir inside the palace.

 

"You know that the Queen is being poisoned right inside the palace walls," Mark whispers as he looked intently at his friend.

 

"Yes, the healers have no answer when I asked them what the hell is the problem with the concubines' ovaries and they are all not able to conceive. They have that same reaction, each and every one of them are sure that someone is poisoning the Queen and the concubines to prevent the conception of an heir." Jinyoung confidently said as Mark shifted on his seat.

 

"You should just let your head down and pretend you know nothing. That is the easy way out of this."

 

"No! I promised Jaebum that I will help him in any way I can and I will. He is a good King, he is doing everything he can for the country and I know that he will do well but the people at this time have a one track mind. Be a King and have an heir. That's his job in his people's eyes and if he can't deliver them someone else might try to take his throne. I can't have that Mark, my life will be in danger if Jaebum's power is gone." He fearfully said as Mark nods his head in agreement. 

 

"What do you want me to do then?" 

 

"One of my father's men said that Chinese people have wide knowledge of plants that can be poisonous when taken in small amount frequently, I know that the person responsible behind all of this is with us inside these walls."

 

"And they are correct..."

 

"Mark I need your help in lending us one reliable person who will help us know which herb was used by the suspects to prevent the Queen from conceiving."

 

Mark stayed silent as he thought about what Jinyoung said, poisoning the Queen directly is one of the greatest offenses known, particularly at that age when the royal family is known to be descendants of the Gods. To poison, someone of great power means the suspects is of great power to, someone who has nothing to lose and everything to gain.

 

"The King, if ever he is not able to provide an heir? Who will be the next in line to the throne?" Mark quietly asked.

 

"I heard he has many cousins, maybe one of them will."

 

"You need to know who, and when you do you already have the suspect. About the poison, I can lend you one of the King's trusted servants.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter