Ch.8 The Phone

The King's New Concubine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaebum scowled at the ministers, they insisted on an emergency meeting about his schedule. Apparently, he will be so damn busy that day onwards that he knew for sure that he wouldn't be able to be with Jinyoung when he goes back to his parent's house.

"I have no time for this, I wanted a few months' rests and even though I am King I am still entitled to a moment of peace and solitude, how dare you say that I will lack in my duties?!" Jaebum growls as he looks darkly at the trembling men in front of him.

The ministers bow down.

"Pyeha..we meant no disrespect. Everyone knows how much work is to be done now especially when those rebellious fugitives are wreaking havoc on our borders..we are just reminding you Pyeha..the nation needs you. Please don't forget our countrymen who are living near the border, living their lives in fear, wondering if the King forgets all about them or else is ignoring their situation. Pyeha..we wanted for you to be healthy and strong but this is a critical situation..have mercy on our people and lead us to safety Pyeha..."

"Lead us to safety Pyeha..." 

All the ministers bow down to the King as Jaebum felt his anger drain away by the explanation. What a fool he has been, of course, he is the leader of this land and he has to make many sacrifices for the sake of his people.

He is quite ashamed that here he is thinking and fantasizing about the supposed upcoming days at the Park Clan's house with Jinyoung when the people of his kingdom are living their lives in worry and fear.

"I will call on a meeting with our soldiers and ministers in charge of defense, as soon as possible. These rouges have been pestering us for such a long time already. This can't go on as it is.."

Minister Li bows his head in agreement.

As soon as the meeting finished eunuch Jia looks concerned at the King who is left deep in thought.

"Anything on your mind Pyeha?" 

Jaebum stays silent for a minute until he speaks his mind.

"I am curious as to what is the reason why these fugitives are attacking our Kingdom when we have a peaceful agreement with our neighbor kingdoms..."

"The report says that our neighbors have no clue as to who sent those fugitives but as far as we know they can be lying to us Pyeha.."

"But I have a bad feeling about this.."

Eunuch Jia looks at the King.

"I think it's time for me to clean my own backyard."

--------❤---------❤-----------❤

Chen looks at the scared Jinyoung who is now hiding in his room after the meeting with the King and his family. The young man is not fond of the idea that he will live in the Park Clan's house and train as a perfect gentle lady of the house.

One thing is he's not a lady and he didn't belong at that time.

"Lady Park, we're supposed to be packing your belongings before heading towards your family home." Chen reminds Jinyoung who looks at him sheepishly.

"I don't want to go. Help me, Chen. I need to escape this place." Jinyoung whines as he sat on his bed.

"Lady Park, you don't have to worry about going to your parent's house..the King instructs me to go with you so that you'll be more comfortable and be at ease with yourself. I do know that you're a man beneath all that feminine feature. Lady Park, your mother, and your father also know the truth. We will keep your secrets." Chen bows down toward him which makes Jinyoung sigh.

"I...Chen..I'm a man..and as far as I know, I am not attracted to another man before but the King is..expecting something from me and I don't think I can do it.." Jinyoung said as he thinks about the man who now occupies his thoughts.

"I can't help you with that Lady Park for going against the King means death, I have a solution for your problems. You said that as far as you know you have never felt attracted to the same gender before, now that you're acting like a lady why don't you try to like him back. Just try it, let him court you and take you to places and such..maybe you'll find it in yourself to like him too." Chen carefully said towards Jinyoung who is now biting on his lower lip. 

Jinyoung looks at Chen.

"What if I am not made to be a lady I mean I grew up as a man and I just can't learn all those girly things in a few months..."

Chen contemplates what he said and smiled brightly as he comes up with an idea.

"Why let yourself be an actor..you know the ones who are holding some shows and entertainment whenever a festival is held within the city. Be a character that the people want you to be but still keep your true self behind closed doors. Easier to pretend that you're acting instead of rearranging your whole demeanor and personality entirely right?"

Jinyoung looks at Chen with a small smile..suddenly missing his friends Bambam, Yugyeom and Mark. He jumped all over Chen and engulfs the smaller man in a tight hug.

"Thank you Chen..for being nice to me." Jinyoung mumbles.

Chen awkwardly pats Jinyoung on the head as he stays still not touching any part of the lady's body for she is the King's property. If the King ever found out that they are in their current state, with Jinyoung draped all over his body, the King just might order for his castration and he doesn't want that..no sir.

"Your welcome Lady Park but, can you please let go now. I can't breathe and the King will kill me if he saw us like this." Chen mutters under his breath.

"Pshh...I don't know what I need to pack anyway because I have no belongings here...wait.." Jinyoung suddenly stopped when he remembers what he is w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter