Ch.11 The lady is a man

The King's New Concubine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinyoung quietly sat on his palanquin, he feels really uncomfortable since he knows that four people are carrying him now, on a freaking wooden box towards his new prison. Yes, he thinks of it as his prison, yes he thinks of this whole damn place as his prison as he doesn't belong here. He doesn't belong in this time where slavery still exists. 

"Stop this palanquin!!" Jinyoung shouted and the crowd of servants with him immediately obeyed his orders.

He felt the palanquin being gently laid down on the floor, quickly crawling uncomfortably out of that tight space he grumbles under his breath. Looking around he stood up and whined about his aching back.

"Aigooo,..my back hurts so much with that tight space, yah! You, the tall one at the back. I see that spare horse you have with you let me ride that instead." Jinyoung pointed out to one of the soldiers who confusedly looks at their head soldier who shrugs his arms.

"My Lady Park it would be inappropriate if a lady of your status will ride a horse while traveling back to your parent's place. If you are uncomfortable sitting inside the palanquin then we can walk instead. Right officer?" Chen suggested and then looks at the head soldier for confirmation.

"Healer Chen, it will take so much time if the lady will walk with us plus the King ordered us to make her safe and guard her against all harm. Us stopping right here is dangerous enough, what more if we let her walk, other spies or rebels that want to get back to the King will have an open opportunity to kill her, they can actually just shoot her."

Jinyoung swallows, suddenly nervous at the thought that some bad men are hiding and are ready to strike anytime.

"Aisshhh..alright I'll go back to that damn box." Jinyoung turns to crawl his way back inside when he stops and looks at the four male servants who bow their heads at his scrutiny.

"I'm sorry guys if you're carrying my weight, I will try to lose some for you. Don't worry. Aja, fighting!"  He put up a fighting sign and proceeds inside the palanquin much to the surprise of the four servants who suddenly smiled at the thought that Jinyoung is the first person who ever thinks of their feelings and they are grateful for his sympathy.

Proceeding with a light heart they traveled back to the Park Clan's house with optimism and a new respect for the King's new love interest.

Minister Park and his wife were notified that their adopted daughter is near, the older man sighed as he knows the pros and cons of their plan. Having the daughter of the heavens as their own daughter means they have to side with her, in everything that she decides with her life but she will just be a King's concubine. Jinyoung has to play a game, a game that she has no idea how to play, that's where he and his wife came in. The training does involve improving the lady's social skill and his actions but it also involves teaching the ways of the palace, and how the inhabitant of that place, plot, kill, and eliminate all who opposes their path. Yes, the King has put him and his family in the line of fire but he can't do anything about it. He has a duty to support their ruler.

Jinyoung slowly walks out of the palanquin once he heard that they had arrived at the place and felt nervous all of a sudden at the thought that he will meet his parents alone, Chanyeol is busy now and promises to visit once he can.

He looks around and is amazed at the view, trees are all over the place, flowers are blooming all around and the house looks simple yet looks comfortable and welcoming. He saw Minister Park and Lady Park at the entrance of the house waiting for him. He put a smile on his lips and walked toward the two.

"Hello, mother, father. I have arrived safely." Jinyoung bows down to the two who nods their head in affirmation.

"Welcome to our home dear daughter, I guess you are tired come on inside and take a rest now. Come." Lady Park ushers him inside and as Jinyoung walks forward he turns his head and looks for Chen.

"Healer Chen, make sure that the servants have a well-deserved break before going back to the palace. Officer Do, thank you and your men for guarding us."

Officer Do bowed his head and smirked. The lady has a kind heart in spite of the brash attitude.

Minister Park likes what he sees, the King needs a kind heart on his side for him to rule the people of this kingdom better, he needs someone who will influence him to do good deeds.

As the mother and daughter walk on talking about mundane things, Minister Park walks back to his room, wanting some alone time to think over their plans. With this tense situation, he knew that he needed to make the necessary plans for all possible situations that might happen.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eunuch Jia walks toward the King's place with a worried look on his face. The shaman has requested his presence and given him the auspicious dates for the King and Queen to e and try again on making an heir. It is known that the Queen already has 2 miscarriages that take a huge blow to the young couple's relationship. 

As the Queen, she has the burden of producing an heir for the royal bloodline to continue. There are a huge number of concubines that might be able to carry a baby to full term but as far as Eunuch Jia knows no one has ever had a successful pregnancy before. He has the suspicion that the Queen's family is behind that mysterious fact. 

Why let another woman bear an heir and possibly dethrone the Queen? Eunuch Jia knows that some of the Northern Clan have relatives planted inside the palace to better protect the Queen and it is possible that some of them work in the kitchen where a mere act of sprinkling some poison into someone's food is as easy as 1,2,3.

"Hmmm. I don't know what will the King do to avoid this one." he walks inside the chamber and greets the King.

"Pyeha, the Shaman has decided on the most auspicious date for you and the Queen's coupling." Eunuch Jia handed the letter to Jaebum who looks at it in disgust.

"I thought the Queen has given up on producing an heir? She has said so herself, I clearly remember it like it were yesterday." Jaebum said in irritation as Eunuch Jia sweats profusely. 

If the king ignores the protocol and pushes the Queen away there will be hell to pay. The power struggle inside the palace has shifted and everyone feels like they can dethrone the King.

"Pyeha, the Queen receives the same letter as you are, I am sure this is not her doing seeing as how devastated she is after her last miscarriage."

"Yes..yes. I know. But I don't want to do it. Tell them I am sick so I can't proceed with their evil plan. Call Healer Byun and announced to the palace that he is now promoted as my personal doctor."

"Yes, Pyeha...but what should I tell the Shaman?"

"Pick another date and send Jinyoung's birthdate to her. She knows what to do."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The shaman looks at the birth details of a certain Park Jinyoung, she knows the current happenings inside the palace and she is indeed curious about this so-called daughter of the heavens.

"Hmmm..very very lucky. This man has heaven's favor." She whispers as her apprentice gasps in shock.

"Master..the daughter of the heavens is a man?"

"Yes he is, and he needs to hide his true self otherwise the King can't claim him. You close your mouth and keep his secrets to the grave or else bad luck will follow you to the end of your life. He is here for a reason..." The shaman whispers.

"What reason is that Master? For heaven to bestow such a gift to our King?"

"The world is a mysterious thing Ana..but I sense a pull between the King and Jinyoung. It seems like heaven found a way to bring them together, this man..he is not from our time."

"Ma..master?"

"He doesn't belong here, but he has a mission to do, things to change for the King and him to meet again on his own time."

"Can you tell me more about this Master?"

The shaman smiled at the small child.

"Do you believe in reincarnation Ana?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The family of three ate dinner in silence, Jinyoung is uncomfortable as he takes a peek every now and then towards his ladies in waiting. 

"Jinyoung, straighten your back and focus on finishing your meal. I can read you like an open book dear, we have to change that." Lady Park said as she smiles comfortingly at th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter