Ch. 28 The battle of the dress II

The King's New Concubine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"And a wonderful day to you too Jungjeon Mama, I am shocked and quite pleased that the Queen visited me here at my humble abode." He cheerfully greeted the fuming Queen. 

"Are your ears not working properly Lady Park? Do you take me as a fool? I am sure you heard what I have said, loud and clear." The Queen hisses in irritation, she knew Lady Park is making fun of her. 

"They are working just fine, thank you for your concern. As for your statement, I think you are threatening the wrong person." Jinyoung coldly said as the Queen stared at him in shock. 

"What...?"

"In case you haven't noticed, it is the King who wants me. Not the other way around." He quietly said, observing how his words make the Queen clench her fist. Her anger is brewing inside and is about to be let out.

Chen feels like his eyes will pop out of their socket as soon as they heard Lady Park's statement. Of course, Jinyoung will face the Queen head-on. The servants are all looking at each other in shock, tension is filling the air. They all knew no one, as is no one dared to talk back to the Queen, except this concubine. 

"So you are telling me that I should go to my husband's palace and tell him to forget about you?"

"Well yes...."

"I can't do that, I can't confront the King that's why I am here talking to you. Are you really the Prime Minister's daughter? You don't use your head, unlike your father and brother." The Queen sneered at Jinyoung. 

He takes a deep breath, he doesn't want to hurt this woman's feelings because he is sure she has been suffering long before he even came here but she's asking for it with her bad attitude. 

"You're the one who doesn't use their brain. I already told you my answer. If you can't change the King's mind then I am sorry for you. He is the King, he has the last say and he wants me. Jungjeon Mama, you are the Queen and the mother of this nation, it is your duty to help the King in all aspects of his life, you also knew that by taking him as your husband you will share him with other ladies. Why the sudden anger on me now Mama, in case you haven't noticed I didn't make any untowardly acts upon your person. Why do I have to suffer your famous anger when there are tons of concubines, women who have shared your husband's bed inside this castle?" Jinyoung quickly said, huffing in irritation.

 

How dare this woman bully him when he came from the future and was a K-drama fanatic. He knew every possible thing that might happen in a historical setting and no one not even the Queen will get ahead of him in this game.

 

The Queen is left speechless after the concubine's tirade, Lady Park has a point but she is so far gone into her own jealousy that she decided to brush it off and went ahead with her wrath. If she has to suffer then she will make sure everyone around her will suffer too. 

 

"I know my duties Lady Park, I know right from the start that my husband needs to have other women for the sole purpose of having children, what I don't like about your relationship with him is his fixation on you. He is showing favoritism towards you, I have a duty to make sure that the other concubines are faring well. Soon I will hear lots of complaints about this, tell me if you were in my shoes what will you do?"

 

"I don't know, I don't really have a plan on being the queen so those things don't cross my mind. What about you Jungjeon Mama? What will be your plan? Eliminate the favorite one?" 

 

Jinyoung taps a finger on his chin and act as if in deep thought. 

 

"Hmmm, yes yes... That is what those villains from historical dramas always do. And... Looking at you, you might walk on that path alright. Yes, you might be after my head after this scene. Oh gosh, what will I... The star of the show does then? Hmmm...."

 

"What are you talking about Lady Park?" 

 

"Listen Jungjeon Mama, I know and understand why you are so prissy today, the news of me being the next consort might have reached you already but I promised you that I didn't do anything, I didn't plan on this, I didn't scheme behind you back or anything. It's all on Jaebum. He is the one who you should talk to and not me. In case you haven't noticed I have no say on this matter."

 

"I have no say on this matter too but you wearing a royal wedding gown, the one like what I wore at our royal wedding is too far! I am the Queen and I have the right, the only right of wearing that dress. It symbolizes royalty, why would you a mere noble consort be allowed that dress?! It is an insult to me! That dress is made for a Queen, and I am still here, I'm still alive yet everyone is disrespecting me because of you!" The lady shouted in anger while Jinyoung just scratch his head.

 

"You are here because of the dress? Why if it's so important to you then I won't wear that freaking dress geez... You make me stressed out just because of a piece of cloth? Listen, Jungjeon Mama, I will request another dress for the wedding. You rest your pretty head about it okay?"

 

"Haahh... You stupid girl... The king wants you to wear it, his word is the law. Now I am here to ask you something, make sure that you follow what you said to me a while ago. Do something, don't wear that dress otherwise you will feel my wrath. I have let everything slide from the start Lady Park. I have kept silent, kept my emotions in check. As my husband's second consort you will also be under my care. For a pleasant relationship between us please understand that you have to obey."

 

She is playing the seniority card towards me. What shall I do next? Be the y third party or the innocent maiden?

 

"I understand completely Jungjeon Mama. Rest assured that I won't get in your way, but I want something in return as well."

 

The Queen looked at Jinyoung in hesitation. What would the concubine ask for anyway?

 

"What is it?"

 

"Promise me that you will never leave Jaebum's side. Prom

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter