Ch.5 A drink for a troubled mind

The King's New Concubine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinyoung looks nervous sitting in front of the King, waiting for their food at a local diner that Chanyeol had found, which is traditional in settings as per usual. Sitting in a wooden chair on the second floor of the small establishment, Chanyeol found the perfect spot for the two to eat, have a drink and talk. Jinyoung sigh as he averts his gaze and looks at the street below them, people are still hustling and bustling around even if it's late into the night. Everything is so weird for him.

The food arrived as Jaebum thanked the lady who assisted them, looking pointedly at Chanyeol who nods his head and occupies the table far away for them to have a personal conversation without being heard but near enough to assist the King if ever there is danger around the area. He and Sulli also order some food as to not raise suspicions.

"Let me introduce myself formally to you. I am Im Jaebum, the current ruler of this Kingdom. I've been the King for five years now since my father passed away, I also have a Queen named Taehyeon and a handful of concubines but so far I have no luck in producing an heir." Jaebum said as Jinyoung turns his head sideways, curious about why the King is still childless. He knew from studying that having so many concubines is an assurance that the king will have an heir.

"Why are you childless? You seem so young and healthy, I guess someone is meddling inside the palace kitchens, preventing your Queen or concubine to conceive..damn that evil characters. I knew them from watching Historical dramas and you wouldn't know the things they do just to meddle in the politics within the palace walls.." Jinyoung blabbed on and on.

The king looks sharply at him.

"Why are you so informed with how the inner palace works?"

"Duh..we learned history in our school, plus TV shows are a huge help in making the people informed of how things are in the past."

Now it is Jaebum's turn to look curious as he doesn't know what Jinyoung is saying.

"What is TV? What do you mean past?"

Jinyoung sigh in annoyance.

"Let's just forget it okay. I am Park Jinyoung, Studying business administration at the local University and I'm not from this world, I'm probably in a coma or something and you just exist in my imagination." Jinyoung reaches a hand towards Jaebum who looks at it then looks back at Jinyoung.

'What? Take my hand..that's a polite gesture of introducing yourself and accepting the other's introduction as well."

Jaebum hesitantly reaches out to touch Jinyoung's outstretched hands and gasp when the smaller man grasp it firmly and show him how a simple handshake works. Jinyoung cheerfully smiled as he shakes Jaebum's hands enthusiastically, it's not every day that he's able to meet some royalty.

Meanwhile, Chanyeol nearly choked on his food as he saw the lady touched and shakes the King's hands, the nerve of that woman. No one can personally touch any exposed part of the King's body except for the Queen and some of his favored concubines. The taller man is made to stand up when Sulli prevents him from doing so.

"Captain Park, the King will not like it if you interrupted them."

"But..that lady touched the king.."

"And the King touched Lady Park more intimately when the lady was asleep. Let them

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter