Ch.22 Auspicious Night

The King's New Concubine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaebum works in earnest as he awaits the news of his impending consummation night with the Queen. The whole palace is abuzz with rumors and the servants are all excited about the good news. All of the citizens are praying, united for their want to have the heir be put into the Queen’s womb.

How he wished for a son or a daughter to hold too. The Queen has been pregnant before but always has the misfortune to miscarry the baby. He knew of the suspicion around them that the Queen might be poisoned by other concubines but the King doubts it. No one will go against the Queen for she has her family’s power behind her and none of the other concubines can match her.

Eunuch Jia finally enters the room, a letter written on a scroll with the shaman’s stamp on it is on a tray being carried by the king’s servant.

“Pyeha, the shaman has spoken and the date has been chosen.”

Jaebum closes his eyes with a sigh, this is what he is dreading, and now the time has come.

“Read it for me, Eunuch Jia.”

The Eunuch looked hesitantly at the servant, the King refusing to read the letter in person indicates his feelings on the matter. Eunuch Jia grabbed the scroll and read on. The words just slip from the King’s mind as he has no interest in its content.

“When will I bed her?” the King distastefully said as Eunuch Jia bows his head.

“In exactly a week, Pyeha.”

“Prepare everything for me, Eunuch Jia, in the meantime I decided to spend my remaining time with Lady Park since the Queen will be busy with the preparation, I assume that Lady Park is supposed to serve the Queen Mother, so tell her that I want Lady Park’s scheduled to be cleared for I need to be with her before I spend time with the Queen.” Jaebum adamantly said making the two look at the King in surprise.

“Pyeha, I don’t think the Queen will like that.”

“I don’t like bedding her yet I am going to do it anyway, remind her of that fact when she complains about my orders.”

Eunuch Jia silently prays for his life and bows his head in agreement. As if he has any choice in the matter anyway. Going into the middle of the fight between the King and the Queen has never been a wise choice.

“I will do as you say Pyeha.”

Jaebum stayed silent, replaying the scene last night where Jinyoung and he have their moment, where Jinyoung stood up and offer him his full support. He needed that support alright.

“Tell Lady Park that I want to speak to her, get her here.”

“As you say Pyeha.”

Jinyoung has been sitting quietly as Sulli informed him of the current happenings inside the palace, she is warmly welcomed by the other ladies in waiting and is known to have friendship with the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter