Ch.21 A hurried date Pt.2

The King's New Concubine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaebum looks fondly at Jinyoung who is talking about his days with the Queen, whining about how some of the tasks are hard and his suspicion that the Queen is torturing him little by little. He stayed that way, just looking at the smaller man's face as he talks.

"Yah...Jaebeommiee are you even listening to me?" Jinyoung asked with a cute scowl on his face.

"Of course, I am here to always listen to you." Jaebum gently said as the other rolled his eyes at him.

"Okay, if you're really listening then tell me what I just told you?" Jinyoung crosses his arms as Jaebum awkwardly looks around for Kai when Jinyoung grabs his face with unladylike vigor.

"No... Don't cheat! Kai won't help you. Now tell me!" 

Jaebum sat there in shame as he bows his head.

"Alright, I admit I have no idea what you just said." He glumly said as Jinyoung shakes his head.

"See that...I am totally into saying what happened to me and you just sit there and..." Jinyoung complains when Jaebum held up a hand.

"I am sorry for not listening and for being distracted by your beauty. I am not promising to not be distracted again my lady for I am captivated by your mere existence." Jaebum gently said as Jinyoung stared at him in shock.

Blushing to the tips of his hair, he coughs and tried to look elsewhere not trusting himself to be under that intense stare from the King.

"Oh...is that so. Fair enough, I don't find it bad that you are so taken with me. I am, as they say, beautiful and handsome. Don't worry Jaebum I totally understand." He cheerfully said as Kai went back to sit next to their table, the servants placed their ordered food and drinks on the table.

"Alright, let's eat." Jinyoung happily said, eager to try the local dishes from that time. Tasting the dishes in their authentic taste will be interesting when he finally gets back to the future or shall we say his very own present time.

Kai looks concerned towards the King who continues to sit and stare at Jinyoung.

"Pyeha, please tell me if the food is not to your liking, I will gladly find some other dish for you." Kai offered but Jinyoung hushes him up with a wave of his hands.

"No no, don't mind him. He's just admiring me, let him be for once. He will eat when he gets his fill." Jinyoung whines as he turns to look back at Jaebum and smiled prettily at the King who gasps and clutches his chest.

"Ah, my heart really likes that Lady Park. I am happy to see you smiling. I will work hard to see your smile all the time." Jaebum said with a smirk as Jinyoung blushes.

If this is what flirting with a man does to a girl then Jinyoung will have to admit that he likes it. But he knows just by looking at Kai's face that he's getting disgusted with their sappiness so he turns again to Jaebum.

"Let's eat now Jaebum and have our fill. After this, we will walk around the city. You would love that won't you?" Jinyoung urges the man who nods his head.

"Yes let's do that, I will gladly show you off to the public my lovely Lady Park."

Kai looked uncomfortable with the amount of their flirting and Jinyoung slap him on the arms for that.

"Deal with it, ."

Kai mumbles into his drink as he mentally wants to kill himself. A great soldier like him is reduced to babysitting the two love birds. He will admit that it is an all-time low.

The trio is well-fed and satisfied when they decided for a walk. It is late into the evening but the streets are filled with people. Merchants are still selling their stuff even the street food vendors are still around.

"You have a peaceful city right here Pyeha. I am happy that you are a decent leader for your people." Jinyoung said as they look around.

Jaebum sighed deeply.

"Am I a good leader? Lady Park, you are only seeing the situation here i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter