Ch.6 The New Family

The King's New Concubine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinyoung looks awkwardly at Chanyeol who is now sitting beside him. Chanyeol stayed silent as the King laid out his plans for them. Sulli hovers beside Jinyoung, waiting for them to finish their conversation.

"Tonight we will enter the palace the same way we sneaked out, no one shall know what happens." Jaebum pointedly looks at Sulli.

Jinyoung gasps as he remembers all the cruel things that have ever happened to the Historical dramas he watched where the servants of the main characters suffer and got punished due to misleading information.

"You don't have to worry about my lady in waiting, Jaebum. I feel at ease with them. I'm sure you're loyal to your King, right Sulli?" Jinyoung nudges the woman who stutters as she bows her head to the King.

"Yes, Pyeha... I will keep your secrets to the grave. I am your loyal servant." 

"That is good to hear, now Chanyeol I need to make contact with your parents but as you know there are ears and eyes everywhere. So what I want is for them to enter the palace and be invited to the grand hall where I will hold a personal conversation with them."

"Are you sure about this Pyeha..the minister and the councilors might be against this, we all knew how they prefer that the women of the King be chosen by them?" Chanyeol seriously said as Jaebum nods his head.

"I know all the implications that this plan may have but it's the only way I can keep the lady safe. I am sure I can rely on you Captain Park and on the Bannam Park Clan. The position of your father as a Minister of Justice will help us conceal the truth to all. Alas, we will rely solely on your family's influence, and all of your clan's help will be rewarded."

"I will send you off safely inside the palace Pyeha and then I will send one of my men to rely on your instructions to my father. I will make sure he and my mother is going for a visit first thing in the morning."

Jaebum smiled at his very reliable Military Captain. Offer a toast that the taller man takes gladly.

They all enjoyed the night eating and drinking which leads to a very tipsy Jinyoung who is known to be a lightweight when it comes to alcohol.

"I am sorry to burden you with this trivial thing Chanyeol, and I appreciate your loyalty." Jaebum pats the man on the shoulders.

Chanyeol bowed down to his King and then looks curiously at Jinyoung.

"So..you're my new sister now huh?"

"I guess, but I am not a woman okay? I have a , it's not that big but it gets the work done alright?" 

Chanyeol stutters as he looks at Jinyoung.

"What?" 

"The lady is a man Captain.."

"But..but..you don't look like one. You can fool everyone with your..beauty." 

"Why thank you oppa..you look good too."

Jaebum coughs loudly as he throws an irritated glance at Jinyoung.

"I am wondering what is it that you're calling him..aren't you supposed to call him orabuni?" Jaebum asked as he is not familiar with the term.

"Ughh..but that is so so not cool. On my day the girls all call their big brothers Oppa, even their boyfriends are sometimes called Oppa as well." Jinyoung fiercely insisted as he whispers "I'm right, right Sulli?" 

"But your days are not yet here Jinyoung, you need to adjust to our ways for you to conceal your real identity. And what the heck is a boyfriend!" 

Jinyoung jumped when Jaebum slaps a hand on the table.

"You don't know the term, Sulli..you don't have one here?" Jinyoung turns to his lady in waiting who is awkwardly scratching her head.

"I don't know the meaning of that word, my lady."

"Gosh...a man..a man that you like and who likes you as well. That's a boyfriend. Geez..Oppa please order some Soju..we already finished thes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter