Ch.13 Courting Him

The King's New Concubine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinyoung literally woke up with a scowl on his face as Chen chuckles at him. The healer shakes his head at the man and wonders what he is thinking by now.

"You should hurry up and drink your morning tea Lady Park, the King is requesting your presence and wants to share his morning food with you." 

"I don't want to share anything with him. My mother will probably prepare a new test for me after this whole fiasco.." Jinyoung sulks as he tries to murder the king in his mind.

"I'm sure you'll be able to pass any test that your mother will give Lady Park. Come on and let's start the day now."

Jinyoung got up and stares at Chen.

"I really am pissed off right now Chen.."

Chen hesitantly looks at Jinyoung, wondering about the new term he heard. 

Pissed? What is that..does Jinyoung means he wants to take a piss? Should I get the urinal basin? - Chen

Jinyoung starts to get ready when Chen suddenly ran out of the room. Turning his head sideways in confusion, he shrugs and starts to get dressed when Chen barges in again with the basin.

"If you want to relieve your bladder, here is the basin Lady Park."

Jinyoung stares at the smaller man in judgment.

"You really take everything literally right Chen? You're weird.."

"Aish..tsk. You're the one who's weird..you said pissed that's why I get the basin..you should be called Lady Weirdo." Chen mumbles as he helps the man dress for the day.

Chanyeol is with the King that morning, still annoyed at what happened last night.

"When is the morning meal? I am quite hungry.."

"It's usually prepared now but my mother is still not calling for us."

"I am always eating on my own, although I wouldn't say no to your sister's company," Jaebeom said with a smile as Chanyeol smirks at him.

"Well, you're at the House of Park, Pyeha. Here you will abide by the house rules even if you're the King."

Jaebeom sighed irritated at that statement when he, as King of the Nation always knew of his power and privilege. 

"Pyeha, Chanyeol, Good Morning. The morning meal is not yet prepared. I am planning on asking Jinyoung to harvest a few vegetables in our backyard before he cooks."

Jaebeom's mood lifts up as he heard Jinyoung's name. 

"I would like to accompany Lady Park in her task."

"She needs to harvest them on her own Pyeha." 

"I will let her do it on her own, I will only carry her basket, Lady Park. You have my word."

"Hm..very well then Pyeha. Off you go." 

Jaebeom smirks and walks out of the room when Chanyeol looks back at his mother in confusion.

"I thought you and father are keeping them away from each other?"

"They need some bonding time together plus, I don't know if the king will still love Jinyoung after tasting his meal. No offense but..your father nearly choked to death last time."

"Oh my god, mother. I need to see Chen and inform him to be ready just in case." Chanyeol ran out of the room to find Chen leaving Lady Park giggling to herself.

Jinyoung finally went out of his room when the family servant walks forward and informed him of his task.

"See another day of cooking...I hate cooking." Jinyoung mutters as he stomps his feet as he walks.

"Well, cooking hates you too Lady Park.." Chen snickers as Jinyoung gasp dramatically.

"What the heck? I cook just right, you mean Chenny Chen Chen."

Chen rolls his eyes as he remembers Minister Park's face as he munches on his daughter's deliciously cooked meal.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever you say, Lady Park.."

"How come I'm stuck with a loud mouth man in waiting like you? You're lucky I like you, Chen Chen." Jinyoung lifted an eyebrow as both of them continue to walk.

Yah, look at him being all y. He really is fit for the role of the royal concubine - Chen

Jinyoung stopped in his track as he saw Jaebum within eyesight and apparently waiting for him.

What is he doing? Bothering me this early in the morning? - Jinyoung

"I don't want your company for today dear, your royal highness." Jinyoung greets the King who smirks at him.

"I have your mother's permission to accompany you on your task."

"Yeah..use that card on me alright. I will give in now but let me tell you this,... no funny business or else. I will seek my father and destroy you, your royal erted highness!"

"Oh, God...Jinyoung! Shut up! You're talking to the King! Disrespecting him means death!" Chen slap Jinyoung's arms as he bows his head.

"You will do well to listen to your servant Jinyoung, I really don't know how much more I can take from that savage mouth of yours. Who knows what will I do to shut that pretty mouth up."

Chen gasped at the King's sudden ual innuendo which was clearly unnoticed by Jinyoung who lifted the sleeve of his clothes and began flexing his muscles.

"You want to fight Jaebeum ah?! I can take you anytime .."

Chen is in panic mode when Chanyeol suddenly barges in and grabs him by the arms.

"Chen...I need to talk to you. The life of the future royal family is in your hands!" Chanyeol seriously said as Chen stares at the taller man in confusion.

"But...."

"No buts...I'll take you with me now." Chanyeol leaned down to carry the smaller man out of the scene.

"Wait! I need to go to Lady Park! Officer Park Chanyeol, stop it this instant!!!!" 

Chen's voice was heard as Jinyoung confusedly looked at Jaebum who was just standing there staring at him.

"Are you finished with your tantrum?" Jaebum shrewdly asked as Jinyoung huffs under his breath.

"Don't come near me.." Jinyoung walks away and into the backyard, knowing that Jaebum is standing right behind him giving him the chills. He's not aware of what emotions the taller man is making him feel. He's basically questioning his uality now all because of Jaebum's erted ways towards him.

Jaebum stayed silent as he walks behind the smaller man, clearly enjoying the view from the back without Jinyoung noticing it. his lips in anticipation the King stares hard at that milky white skin, Jinyoung's neck feels like a delicious meal he wants to taste, , mark, claim.

"Yah!!! What the are you thinking about? I've been waving this cabbage in front of your face and you're just staring out of nowhere." Jinyoung complains as Jaebum shakes his head and hands the basket he's carrying to the smaller man.

"Aisshh..you're just standing there as decoration. You wouldn't even help me" Jinyoung complains as he goes around the vegetable patch when Jaebum suddenly grabs what he's carrying, including the basket.

"What the..."

"You just stand right there, I will do your task. Just don't tell your mother, alright?" Jaebum asked as he looks around.

'Alright..." Jinyoung said with a satisfied smile.

"But first, you have to tell me what should I get and not."

Jinyoung directed him with his task, he looks intently at the King and wondered what is the extent of the man's feelings for him. He's not dumb, he knew that a King like Jaebum should never ever lift a hand in labor, he got thousands of servants in his palace to do mundane things such as these.

Hmmm, he is alright. - Jinyoung

Meanwhile, Chen is looking dumbfoundedly at Chanyeol who is staring at him seriously.

"D

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter