Ch.23 Planning

The King's New Concubine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinyoung waits for Eunuch Jia to announce his presence before going inside the royal chamber, bowing politely towards the King who gestures for him to take a seat.

“Ah, you are a sight to behold my lovely Lady Park.” The King smiled warmly toward Jinyoung who blushed at the compliment.

Of course, he made sure that he looked good now that the King has called on him. He thinks of the other concubine's reaction after this night and grinned evilly, that’s what they get for sending him poisoned tea.

“Pyeha as much as I love to chat with you here, in the safety of your chambers I really need to get back to my hall. My reputation will be ruined if I stay here much longer than necessary.” He calmly explained as Jaebum sighed and look directly at him.

“I will go straight to the point then, I need to impregnate the Queen and make sure that she carried the child in full term.”

Jinyoung nods his head, already knowing what the king will ask him to do. He did offer to help.

“I already have my suspicions Pyeha and will consult one of my father’s trusted men.

“My hands are tied with this trivial thing my love, I can’t meddle with the complicated battle between concubines and clans, but with your help, I can finally take a step in finding the suspect and provide justice to our multiple losses.” Jaebum sadly said as he remembers the Queen’s past miscarriages.

Jinyoung accepted that statement and starts to ready himself for the upcoming battles, he volunteered his service to the King and he will do it with good results. He doesn’t like the Queen but it is her right to have the chance to be a mother.

“I will do my best Pyeha.”

Jaebum reaches out a hand and enclosed Jinyoung’s smaller ones on his much larger one.

“I also want you to know that you will be crowned as my newest concubine but we will not be able to consummate our union, I have another task to focus my attention to, I am very sorry my love. I will long to feel your warmth every day until I can finally have you.” Jaebum tenderly gave his hand a fleeting kiss.

“What…no I mean don’t worry about that. I’m not excited to have my but ripped open. Take as much time as you need Pyeha.” Jinyoung stutters as Jaebum chuckles at his innocence.

“You are only thinking about the pain, my love. Our union will be pleasurable. That I can confidently promise to you.”

“Shut up Jaebum.”

The Queen paces back and forth, angry at the thought of her husband sending for Jinyoung. How dare he want to see his lover when she is in there, out of her mind with worry at their current situation. If she didn’t conceive soon enough the Chinese Empire will step in and ruin everything that she achieved here.

The empire will not want the future King to be a son of a mere concubine, she needs to try and make an heir in order to please the representatives and for them to leave them alone.

“What is he thinking? He’s entertaining his instead of the representative and his men. What does he thinks I am? His mere servant? His representative as he wastes his time flirting with that . AHhhhh!” the Queen shouted in anger and frustration as her ladies-in-waiting try to ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter