Ch.24 The Golden Concubine

The King's New Concubine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinyoung huffs in annoyance as he realizes how hard it is to get to Mark. He is very well guarded and he finds it confusing that the Emperor of China is gallivanting around as freely as he can while his friend is being imprisoned in that damned palace.

"It is unbecoming of a gentlewoman to scowl fiercely at every people we meet Lady Park." Wonhee reminded him with a tight smile as Jinyoung just bypass a concubine of rank and ignores her existence. The woman gasps in shock and went ahead, for sure she will spread the word that Jinyoung is acting so rude.

"I am so pissed off Wonhee. I don't care if they find me rude or whatever. I need a word with my friend, I can call him but now that I want to see him I found out that I can't." He stomps his feet while walking.

Sulli and Wonhee sighed as they just shut their mouths and follow the fuming Jinyoung home. There Chen has ushered him in.

"Don't worry Lady Park, your friend will visit you later after you have your lunch with the King." Chen tried to appease the man who looks at him in surprise.

"And how do you know that?"

"Your friend asked one of the servants to relay the information to me, Lady Park." The smaller man explained as Jinyoung clap his hands in satisfaction.

"Great, but if he will go here later I know for a fact that many will guard him?"

"Yes, Lady Park."

"Kai!" Jinyoung shouted.

A few minutes passed by before the man entered the room stealthily through the side door. He sits in front of Jinyoung and awaits his order.

"My friend Mark will come here later. He is the Emperor of China's newest concubine and that means more ears will grace our household later." Jinyoung started to explain as Kai nods his head in understanding.

"I will place some guards of our own to make sure that no ears will be able to listen in your conversation Lady Park." Kai efficiently said as Jinyoung clap his hands in amazement.

"This is what I like about you baby, you know exactly what to do before I even open my mouth."

Kai looked confusedly at Chen who shrugs.

"Anyway, what is it that I heard from your loud mouth Chen, why did I have to get some lunch with Jaebum when I need to be in the Queen's Palace later to cater to her whims?" 

"Lady Park, about that. The Queen is in the process of cleansing herself and therefore the shaman prevents other women from going near her, especially women who are wanted by her husband. It is believed that the concubine's aura might taint the Queen's so you are not allowed there." Chen explained as Jinyoung lifted an eyebrow.

"Well if she is indisposed I am to go to the Queen Mother, am I wrong?"

"The King specifically requested this lunch date with you and the Queen Mother relented, you are free to have this time with the King, Lady Park." Chen smiled awkwardly knowing that Jinyoung wanted out of that lunch date.

"Hmmmm, I like Jaebum but I can't tolerate him whenever he wants to, I mean I have a more important thing to do than sit here and let him admire my beauty." He mutters to himself as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter