Ch.12 Visitor

The King's New Concubine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaebum sneaks off into the night, smiling to himself as he thinks of where he is heading right now. It's been days since he last saw Jinyoung and he has been restless ever since.

Running as fast as he can without realizing that Officer Park has been following him.

Chanyeol shakes his head as he looks around, checking and double-checking every nook and cranny for danger. He needs to keep the young king safe at all times and it also means that he has to sacrifice his much-needed sleep to guard the hard-headed man. He smirked to himself as he notices the familiar path that the young King is taking. It seems that Jaebum can't take it anymore and needs to see his sister.

An hour has passed since the King took off, urging his horse to run faster, and he finally arrived at his destination. He stopped his horse and silently looks around for a safe place to leave it when he heard a voice.

"Fancy seeing you here Pyeha.." Chanyeol greets him cheerfully as Jaebum turns around quickly, cursing the man for surprising him.

"Never do that again Captain Park, what are you doing here? You're supposed to be at the palace." Jaebum scowled at the grinning man who wiggles his eyebrows at him.

"Oh but you're supposed to be there too Pyeha, as I heard the ministers wanted you there at all times."

"Screw them, I need to see Jinyoung and they can't stop me on what I want to do."

Chanyeol sigh and shakes his head at him. His father won't like this.

"Let's go head off to the back and tie our horses there Pyeha, I am warning you now though, if my father caught you, you will be scolded like a naughty baby," Chanyeol said as he shakes his head. Jaebum follows behind the taller man.

They stealthily walk towards the side of the house, Chanyeol counting down the rooms towards Jinyoung's room when they saw Chen exciting the last one with a tray in his hands.

Chanyeol went forward with a smirk as he calls out for Chen who turns in his direction in surprise.

"Aishshh.. Officer Park, don't sneak up on people like that." Chen berates the man who shrugs and pointed toward the King.

"I have the King with me, he wants to sneak onto my sister's room and have his way towards him."

Jaebum scowled at his friends.

"Hey!!! I can have you killed by saying those things, Captain Park.."

"Yeah yeah, says someone who said he is just a normal person outside the palace," Chanyeol mutters under his breath as Jaebum hisses at him again.

"I heard that you..."

"Chen? Who are you talking to there?.." Jinyoung walks out of his room, curious about the voices he heard outside his room when he stopped on his track.

There stood his brother Chanyeol, smiling in an undisguised naughtiness, Chen who stands awkwardly, and Jaebum who is looking intently at him, eyes trailing over his frame. He gasps as he realizes that he's only wearing his sleeping robe, which makes it easier for the man's eyes to see through.

He turns and walks inside his room again and slams the door shut to their faces. The three gasps at the action as Chanyeol tries to contain his laughter at the incredulous face of the King.

"What the,,," Jaebum started as Chanyeol tries to contain his laughter.

"That's a really warm welcome for you Pyeha..."

"I apologized for Lady Park's behavior Pyeha, I am sure there is a reason for the sudden action," Chen bows down to the King as Chanyeol moves forward to take the tray away from the smaller man. 

"Let's go now Chen and let these two talk. Make it quick Pyeha, or else my father will have our head on a plate."

Chen walks beside Chanyeol as he looks back at the King.

"Is this wise Officer Park, you do know that they are not supposed to see each other until the training period is over."

"Well, can we go against the King's order, Chen? I for once am against this whole visiting thing but I think that it will make the King at feel ease and will help him focus more on his job. He is neglecting some of his works because his mind is elsewhere."

Chen hum under his breath as they continue walking. He gasps as he realizes something.

"Oh! What was I thinking, let me take that tray Officer Park.."


"No..I will carry it for you, Chen. It's so late into the night and you're still wide awake, I am sure you will also be the first one to wake up tomorrow."

"It is my job officer.."

"Take help when it is offered Chen, now won't you offer me some tea?"

Chen awkwardly smiled as he questions himself if Chanyeol somehow has an idea of the extent of his feelings for him. As far as Chen knows he hides his emotions very well for he knows that his best friend Baekhyun is in love with the same man.

"Yes, I will Officer Park...I will gladly keep you awake until it is time for the King to leave this place again."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jaebum barges inside Jinyoung's room looking everywhere to find the man when he saw him sitting on his bed, arms folded politely, and is now wearing a robe over his dress.

"Good evening Pyeha, I was not expecting your visit, especially at this hour." Jinyoung testily said as Jaebum walks forward and sat in front of him.

"I did not enjoy the feeling of someone closing the door loudly into my face." the King complains seriously when Jinyoung huffs under his breath.

"I also did not like the feeling of having visitors this late, and without an invitation I see. IM JAEBUM, I did not expect this from you."

Jaebum looks incredulously at the man as if he's seeing another man with Jinyoung's face, he is certainly acting differently.

"Did you just scold me, the King of this nation?"

"Yes, I am the one whom you wanted to claim not the other way around Pyeha. My father has already laid out his rules and here you are in my room without permission and without any remorse in ignoring my father's words?"

Jaebum sigh as he tries to stay calm. The training is a success if Jinyoung is actually thinking of his family's reputation first before his own.

"I miss you.." 

Jinyoung shuts up after that and looks at his hands. No reply was given since he doesn't know his own feelings for the King. He likes the man as a person, Chen has already told him many positive things about the King, and he finds his respect deepens as the Healer's story goe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter