Ch.3 Awaken

The King's New Concubine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinyoung mumbles in his sleep.

"No...Mark hyung..run faster!..." He urges his friend as he dreamt on.

Jaebum opened his eyes as he heard the silent mumbles of words beside him. Still groggy from sleep the king of Joseon was confused as to why there seems to be a person sleeping next to him when he never lets anyone, not even his Queen nor his concubines sleep beside him.

Until he saw Jinyoung's troubled face as he sleeps. And memories of what happened came back, realizing that he's not in his room but on the Jagyeongjeon Hall, waiting for the smaller man to wake up when he himself has succumbed to sleepiness.

"Shhh..you're safe now..don't fret.," Jaebum said as he notices how Jinyoung finally relaxes.

Consciousness creep in, Jinyoung opens his eyes slowly as he moans in pleasure, that sure is a very nice and relaxing nap. He smiled as he looks at the ceiling and noticed an intricate design smiling back at him. Crunching up his eyebrows in curiosity his gaze follows the trail from ceiling to the wall, red columns mingling with blue walls.

Jinyoung rubs his eyes as he slowly gets up, looking around the unfamiliar room.

"Where am I.." he looks down and saw that he's still in his Halloween costume.

Memories finally sink in, the party, Bambam, Yugyeom and Mark, the earthquake and the strange man and now he's inside an unfamiliar room. He grabs on his long straight wig, intent on finally taking it off when he groans in pain as he gives a painful tug.

"Agghhh..ow. it hurts..how many pins did Bammie put in my hair.." Jinyoung whines as he puts a hand through his hair, right through his scalp, and felt nothing, no pins whatsoever.

"Hmm..wait this is strange..there should be a bunch of pins here somewhere." slightly getting nervous now that he felt his own scalp.

He gave an experimental tug on his long hair and felt his scalp suffer at the action, which proves that this long hair he got is real.

"What...how could this happen. I just woke up..I..." panicking slightly he stood up and gasp at the fancy looking blanket that is thrown all over him, soft as a feather and woven with intricate designs, he looks at the bed and finally realizes that he saw this set up before.

"Am I at a historical drama set? How did I get here? Crap.." He stood up and walks around finally noticing the sliding door, carefully striding towards it he reaches out a hand to open it when it was thrown wide open and a man stood there staring in surprise at him.

"You..you're the one I saw last when the earthquake happens, did you bring me here? Where are we exactly..where are my friends?" Jinyoung asked the man who just stares at him in wonder.

"Uhm..hello? Ajhussi..are you okay?" Jinyoung hesitantly asked as Jaebum shakes his head and tries to clear his head.

"I...I don't know what you're talking about but...there's no earthquake that happens.." Jaebum carefully said as Jinyoung scrunched up his face.

"What? No..there's an earthquake and I grab my friend but we got separated then everything went still...I saw you. You came to me." Jinyoung insisted because for him that is what really happened  so why does this man who is wearing a royal robe denying it?

"Why don't we sit down and talk, you have been unconscious for quite a long time and it may have affected your memory." Jaebum reaches a hand and nudges him towards the other part of the room where a screen, an embroidered tatami mat, and a low table is.

Jinyoung looks at the scene then back to Jaebum who is wearing a royal robe.

"Are we still on a Halloween Party?" Jinyoung asked as Jaebum looks at him in confusion.

"What is Halloween Party? What kind of other languages did you speak? Come and sit down so we can talk." Jaebum said as he sits on the mat and gestures for Jinyoung to sit down. Jaebum looks at the young man who didn't even take a bow in front of him but continues to sit down in front of him, the King chuckles at the younger man's innocent audacity.

"Do you know where you are, young man?"

"I don't know but..before I got unconscious I am at the University where our Halloween Party was held.."

"What is that?"

"Well, it's an event where all students should wear a costume, drink alcohol and have a good time inside the school premises. But something happens, and here I am. Now I should ask you something..where am I? Because from the looks of this room...I only know Kdramas and we only ever saw something like this inside the National Palace...particularly at the Gyeongbokgung Palace in Seoul because that's where we live..me and my friends." Jinyoung is silently p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter