Ch. 18 The Representative

The King's New Concubine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinyoung bows his head and stays still, standing on the line of female servants waiting for the arrival of the Chinese Empire's Representative and his guards. Taking peeks every now and then, getting irritated at the gossiping maids with him.

"Where are they? If I have to wait here for hours.." he mutters to himself as and turns his head as he hears the sudden whispers of the maids. Looking around to see what is the cause of the commotion, he saw the King walking towards the entrance area with the Queen in tow. 

Jinyoung has to admit that they are a handsome couple, both good looking and regal. He saw how Jaebum's eyes scanned the crowd and turn to bow his head, not wanting to acknowledge the man in front of these people.

They heard the signal and straighten up, the time has come. The gates open up and a palanquin enters in with a regal man on the front.

The man is covered in red from head to toe, he has a healthy built and a confident stride. Jinyoung looks at the man's face, if he is the Emperor of China then it is forbidden to see his face. Jinyoung smirked and stared openly, he just did something forbidden and badass. He gloated as he looks at Jaebum who meets his gaze and nods his head.

The man stopped along with his guards, the palanquin was set down and a delicate man wearing a feminine hanfu walks out of it, with blonde hair.

"Aahhhhhh Mark! What the !" Jinyoung shouts as he walks forward, Mark looks around and see his friend. 

"Yaaaah!!! Pabo! You're here! !" Mark walks towards Jinyoung and the two men hug each other.

"Oh my God.. you're really here. I thought I was only imagining things."

"Me too...I can't believe this Jinyoung."

A cough was heard and Jinyoung turns to look at the representative.

"I guess that the two of you know each other?" 

Jinyoung nods his head.

The representative turns his back on them and looks at Jaebum who walks closer to the group.

Jackson bows down to the King and vice versa after the formalities the representative stands straight and pointed towards Jinyoung.

"I will take that man who also came from the heavens, the Emperor wanted his golden concubine to have all his wishes, therefore we are here to take with us his friend." 

Jaebum glares at the representative. He doesn't care if the man before him is the real Emperor, no one will take Jinyoung away from him.

"I don't want to be rude, but that lady over there will be my Royal concubine in a few days' time. I won't give him to your emperor. He is mine, a gift from the heavens for me."

The Queen put a placating hand on the King, thinking quickly before a battle takes place in front of them.

"This is very shocking for all parties, I suggest we have some refreshments first and some rest for the Chinese representative in order to clear our heads. After that, we shall have some formal talks and agreement." The Queen firmly said, knowing that the representative still needs to abide by their law.

"As you wish Jungjeon Mama, I forgot my manners and go ahead with my purpose. Forgive your humble servant."

Jaebum huffs under his breath. Humble servant his .

"What is your name."

"I am Wang Jia Er,...pleased to meet you Pyeha." Jackson stood confident knowing Jaebum got the point with his name.

"I am Im Jaebum and I want you to know that things are different here than where you came from, Representative." Jaebum continues to scowl at the man who smirks at him.

"Oh is that so..."

Jinyoung nudges his friend on the ribs.

"You got some badass king with you."

"Yeah...I credit him for that. "

"But he has to stop before Jaebum kills him and start a war. Do something." Jinyoung hisses.

Mark cleared his throat and speak to Jackson in their language. Jinyoung saw the man nods in agreement before replying to the Queen.

"We will accept your offer Jungjeon Mama,..."

The Queen sigh in relief as he gestures for a servant.

"You will be assisted in your assigned palace. Please follow the servants."

Jackson looks back at Mark and the man has no choice but to come to him.

"I will see you later...get that phone back." Mark hisses as he walks forward.

The entourage walks inside the palace leaving the welcoming party inside.

Jinyoung saw the King left with the Queen, Chen quickly walks towards him.

"Lady Park, who is that. He got an unusual hair color."

"Yeah... that's my friend Mark. He got blond just last month. He also fell from the sky, although he fell in China, not here." He explained as they went back to their business.

Jinyoung called Chen into his room and revealed something to the smaller man.

"Listen, Chen, you do know that I am not from this time, I am from the future, the times ahead of this. In where I came from, we all have this technology that helps us with our daily lives, you know things that make everything easier to be done. I have a small square shape tool that makes it possible for me to speak to someone who's not physically here with me.."

Chen stared hard as he processes all the information.

Small. square. Tool. Speak. Someone who's not here.

"Wait, what?..." Chen confusedly said.

"As I was saying...*glares at Chen* I have this square shape tool that I need to be with me right now. B

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter