Ch.19 Catching up

The King's New Concubine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun slowly walks forward with a confident stride, the King's servants bow down to him. He politely bows back.

"I am here for the usual brewing of the King's special medicine, the order from Pyeha has been sudden and he might forget to say a word to you."

"We understand Healer Byun, please enter the chamber now."

Baekhyun bows low and takes his tray with him, he is here all ready and set for his plan of course. He doesn't plan on being killed just because of some order from the King's new concubine.

He heard the door closes and waits for a few minutes before walking towards the King's bedside, opening the drawers he saw a bundle of strange clothes and shoes, he opens it up and finally saw what he's looking for. A square shape object Jinyoung said.

"Aha...easy."

He pockets it in and returns to the table to brew something for the King. After that, he walks out as fast as he could, better to take that strange thing out of his hands as soon as he can. Going towards Jinyoung's palace.

Chen looks at him in shock.

"You're already back.."

"I already got it..is Jinyoung still inside?" 

Chen gasps in shock, yes Jinyoung is still inside, shamelessly flirting with Kai and he knew that Baekhyun is working under the King's order so...he knew the man will blab his loud mouth at the King.

"Ahmmm...just wait here for a while and let me announce your presence to him first."

"Why? Is he with someone.."

"No! I mean no! Why would you even think that? Of course not!" Chen quickly said with a nervous laugh as Baekhyun lifted an eyebrow at his reaction.

"Oh...is that so..."

"Yes so please wait here.."

Chen literally ran inside the room.

"Lady Park, Baekhyun is here now." He looked pointedly at Kai who looks back at Jinyoung waiting for his orders.

"Send him in.." Jinyoung calmly said.

"But....." Chen looks obviously at Kai.

"I think I should go now, Lady Park." Kai tersely said, knowing how things could get messy if misunderstood.

"Stay there Kai....send Baekhyun in."

Chen bites his lips with worry but does what he is ordered. Baekhyun walks inside and his eyes zeroed in Kai, sitting calmly in front of Lady Park.

"I am sorry to intrude Lady Park."

"You're not intruding Healer Byun, we are just here admiring Kai's excellent physique." Jinyoung winks at the Healer who turns to scowl at Chen.

"You said "We"?"

"Yes, of course, Chen also can't resist looking at him we are actually scheduling a watch party when Kai will practice on the field."

Chen sulks and looked elsewhere avoiding his best friend's eyes.

"I haven't even said yes yet.."

"But you are considering it...."

Baekhyun cough loudly and revealed the cellphone.

"I already got what you wanted Lady Park, now can I get what I want to?"

Jinyoung smiled in satisfaction as he saw his cellphone, he reaches out for it and looks at the screen.

"Excellent, it still has a battery. I wonder what keeps it alive here, without a source of power and all. Oh, wait what did you say, Healer Byun? Do you want to take Chen now? But I thought we would arrange a date for that..."

"I changed my mind.." Baekhyun seriously said as he looks at Kai who held his hands up in surrender.

"I'm not doing anything man... I'm a hostage here."

"Hmmm okay, go on and have a date with Chen. I need you tomorrow Chennie.. please come back to me." Jinyoung faked a teary eye and pouts his lips.

"Goodbye Lady Park...no please stop doing that, it's not working for me." Chen pouts back and followed Baekhyun out of the room.

"Do I look like doing that?" Jinyoung turns towards Kai who shrugs.

"Do you want your servant's opinion or do you want my honest opinion?"

"Your honest opinion of course!" 

"For me, you look like a whiny child, but I think if you did that with the King then he'll do whatever you want." Kai slowly said.

"Really? I can do that to Jaebummie huh? Hmmm I want to try that idea of yours. Wait just lay back while I talk to my friend alright."

Jinyoung dials Mark's number and put him on speaker.

"Hey, !" Mark cheerfully said on the line.

Kai suddenly stands up and unsheathed his sword, directing it towards the cellphone.

"Oh my ing God...Kai! Stop that!" Jinyoung hisses as he grabs his chest, so surprised by the other man's reaction.

"What is that Lady Park, there's another man here. Where did that voice come from?" Kai alertly said as he roams his eyes around the room suspiciously.

Jinyoung slaps a hand on his forehead, he always forgets that he's in the past and not on his present time. 

"Okay, put that sword away and sit down. I will explain it. Hey, Mark, I'll call you again alright."

"One servant losing his head over the cellphone?"

"Yeah..."

"I get that all the time... I'll wait for your call later."

Kai sits down, looking at the strange thing in wonder.

"You do know that I am not from here, I am from the times ahead, from the future, there we have technology and gadgets that make our lives easier this is called a cellphone and I can call or talk to anyone anywhere using this. Even if that person is miles away from where I am."

"I understand Lady Park but please tell us ahead of time, and don't show that thing to anyone. It would cause a ruckus."

"I know.. now stay there and be my company for the day."

He dials Mark's number again this time he didn't put him on speaker.

"So... everything okay?" Mark asked as Jinyoung chuckles in embarrassment.

"I put you on speaker so Kai got nervous. What's up?"

"Me and Jia Er wants to take you with us back home but I told him that I will ask you first before doing anything."

"Where is home? This is home, Mark..."

"Sadly Jia Er won't let me go so I have to go back with him."

"Are you okay, is he treating you right?" Jinyoung worriedly asked.

"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter