Chapter 8

In Your Arms
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It still rings in my head.

 

Jisoo-ah, Saranghae…

 

Saranghae…

 

“Jisoo-ah”

 

Oh great. It’s starting to sound real.

 

“Yah-! Jisoo!”

 

I jumped, fully waking up from my sub-consciousness. I was sitting on the couch, television on, but obviously my mind was drifting elsewhere.

 

“What?!” I said in slight annoyance as I turned my head.

Lisa was taken aback a little. “Ooh… Just chill. Are you okay?” She said with arms in surrender.

“Y-Yes. I’m sorry.”

“Aw… You’re so cute when you’re stuttering. Do you get nervous when I’m around? Hehe!” She pinched both of my cheeks.

“S-Stop L-Lalisaaa!” She was laughing like she never did in years.

 

What’s so funny you !

 

“J-Jisoo, you just really make me happy!” She said in difficulty because she was laughing too much.

 

Aish! This girl… I smiled too, like I never did in my lifetime.

 

~ ~ ~

 

After standing for minutes in front of Jennie’s door, I finally had the courage to reach for the knob. I breathed deeply as I knock and slowly opened it. She was sitting on her bed, her back rested on the wall, earphones on while looking at her phone. I assumed she was looking at lyrics for the song she’s listening to. That was her hobby, and I have always admired the sight.

She quickly tilted her head to look at me and removed her earphones. She smiled. It was a sweet smile, but I was extremely saddened by it.

Jen, How I wish I could just tell you that I want you, that it’s still you… but I can’t now.  I am certain that my heart was already taken by someone who held it like it was the most precious thing that she have touched. I don’t want to hurt you Jen. I’m sorry.

 

“Jen, we need to talk.”

Her eyes roamed to break our eye contact. It was like she already knew what was going to happen and it’s breaking me too.

“What is it?” She asked firmly while standing up to face me.

“About us… I-I can’t anymore. I can’t go back and-…”

“Is there someone else?” She cut me off.

“What? Can you just let me fini-…”

“It’s Lisa isn’t it?”

“Wha-…” I can’t find the words to describe how shocked I was, mouth agape in the process. I can’t even speak. How did she know? Why did Lisa know in the first place anyway? Am I that too easy to read?

As I was lost for words, Jennie took a step closer to me, and another, until we were inches apart.

“Jisoo, I just can’t let someone steal what’s mine from the start just like that. I know I made a mistake and I’m ready to face the consequences, but I’ll tell you this; I can’t and will never accept that someone will take you from me without a fight. Put that in mind Kim Jisoo.”

With that said, she cupped my face and pulled me for a kiss. I was shocked that I wasn’t able to move. The kiss was short but deep that I felt her tongue played with my lips a little, marking its territory.

 

I felt like my gut has been thrown out the window with all these unexpectedness. It was like a roller coaster ride, but worse.

 

After that,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter