Chapter 15

In Your Arms
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

What is her point? Doesn’t she understand the risks?

 

I trust her… but I love her too much that I can’t bear to see her hard work shatter because of me. I could never live with that.

 

Aish jinjja! This is so frustrating! I’m at my wit’s end already straining my brains out in the middle of the night with my coffee gone cold.

I can’t just sit here and idle, I thought. I quickly picked up my phone and searched for Manager onni’s number. It rang a few times before she answered.

 

“Jisoo? Why are you calling me at this hour?”

“Onni, I’m sorry to bother you but can I talk to you? Yes, right now.” Once she agreed, I grabbed my hoodie and wore my shoes then went straight out.

 

~ ~ ~

 

“So the plan is… do our best?” Jennie asked. The four of us were gathered for lunch at this private restaurant seldom people went to during this time. Lisa and I haven’t made up yet so she was pretty quiet and just ate her food while she listened.

“Yeah, we still have a comeback before this year ends so let’s make sure that the director will regret it if he tries to disband us.” I reasoned.

“And if he doesn’t even continue our comeback?” Jennie retorted.

“He will. He will not leave his company unfed before any group comes out.”

They nodded in unison. “But… what if he disposes us after?” Chaeyoung asked.

“That’s what our plan is for right?” I smiled confidently.

“And… Jen, could you talk something out with your obsessive boyfriend so he would stop-…”

“Ex-boyfriend.”

I was surprised not because of what was said, I actually expected it from Jennie. But the thing is… it wasn’t Jennie, it was Chaeyoung who spoke.

The three of us stared at her, questioning her odd behavior.

 

“R-Right onni?” She asked Jennie to cut the awkwardness. The other girl just nodded, pretty much surprised too.

 

“I don’t want to talk to that son of a-…”

“Language Jennie Kim.” I warned.

She sighed and rolled her eyes. “Whatever, I’m not going to do it.”

“C’mon Jen, just scare the hell out of him like you always do with other guys.”

“Yah-! What do you think of me?!”

“You’re the Jennie Kim right?”

She scoffed. “Don’t you dare use that against me Kim Jisoo!”

“Well I don’t-…”

 

“Can you two just stop?!”

 

The rest of us turned our heads to Lisa who seemed to have had enough of our bickering.

“Lis, are you okay?” Chaeyoung asked.

“Yes. I am perfectly fine.” She answered Chaeyoung with a stern voice but she was looking at me.

“Are we done here? Then I think I’ll go first.” She said while standing up and getting her purse. I watched her back then looked at the other two. Like reading my mind, they both nodded and I instantly stood up to go after Lisa.

 

 

“Lisa! Wait!” I grabbed her arm because she wasn’t even turning to my calls. We were already outside; at the parking lot when I got a hold of her.

 

“What?!”

 

I got startled and flinched by her outburst and I saw a glimpse of her face that softened with my reaction. I unconsciously released her arm… maybe because I wasn’t used to this side of her.

“I-I’m s-sorry Lisa, I-…” I stuttered while taking few tiny steps away from her. For the first time, I was scared of her. I was scared that she hated me, that she doesn’t want me anymore. I feel that my eyes started to well up.

 

Then without warning, Lisa went closer and embraced me.

 

“Jisoo-ah, I’m sorry. Please don’t look at me like that. Like… you’re afraid of me. I’m sorry.” Lisa tightened her embrace and was already sobbing.

“I… I didn’t know what to do. I never get angry, and now that I do… I don’t know how to deal with it. I keep avoiding you because I feel like shouting every time I talk to you. Then… when you and Jennie kept talking and bickering I felt like I’ll never be like your… ‘Jendeuk’ who always gets you.” She paused and pulled away to look at me. Tears visibly trailed down her cheeks.

“I know she’s your best friend but I… I always feel it’s unfair. Is it wrong to feel that way?” L

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter