Chapter 6

In Your Arms
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

BLACKPINK IN YOUR AREA!

 

We made it.

We made it through the debut, and I’ve never been so glad. I’ve never been so glad to see the smiles on everyone’s face.

We’re famous now huh?

Couple of songs here and there, music videos, interviews, pictorials; our schedule was a monster.

 

After all those, we were offered a few months of break, and we honestly don’t know what to do with that since we were so used to being pre-occupied with preparations and killer practices.

 

~ ~ ~

 

What happened to Jennie and me? We seemed to be platonic right now, well at least I am towards her. We settled it before our debut because we wouldn’t want it to affect our careers. She also said she ended things with Hanbin and wanted to focus.

Our talk wasn’t quite the long one. There wasn’t the need for words anyway, we just needed to accept the wrongs and go with whatever it brings to our fate.

I had a hard time, we both had. No one knew what happened between us, even Lisa who witnessed my breakdowns. I was thankful that she understood, and told me she’s all ears when I’m ready. I had plenty of breakdowns that time, and she was my shoulder to cry on without even knowing the reason behind it. I wanted to be honest with her, but I feel like it wasn’t just my secret alone to tell.

 

I forgave Jennie. I think.

 

I still care for her that I hate it. I hate to admit that she’s special and will always have a place in my heart, but I lost my trust in her, and I don’t know if I could ever bring that back.

 

~ ~ ~

 

“Jisoo-ah! Jisoo-ah!”

I turned towards that familiar voice.

I smiled. There goes my bundle of energy.

The girl’s head popped in my door as she cheerfully called my name.

“What?” I asked, trying not to be obviously glad as I glanced back to my phone while I continue to play my precious game.

“Aish! You’ve been playing for hours already!” She ran inside and hopped on my bed. She gave me a side hug and watched as I play.

“That’s no fun at all. Play with me instead!”

“And what makes you think you’re fun to play with?” I said, eyes glued on the game.

She didn’t answer. The silence made me focus more as I was almost finished with the last stage. With just one more press, finally I’m going to surpass thi-… I stopped my thoughts as my phone suddenly gone missing in my hands. I was shocked like the same time I saw my ex cheating on me. Okay, I’m definitely being overly dramatic right now.

My hands were still on the air, holding an invisible phone.

“Y-yah-! Lalisaaa!” I shouted extra loudly at the girl who’s now laughing breathlessly.

“You should’ve seen your face Jisoo!” Now I wish that her laugh just stayed breathless because her loud one is extremely annoying. Not that I mind though.

I wrestled on top of her, trying to retrieve my phone. Damn, why are your arms so long?! I thought as I was nearing defeat. Not tonight. I smirked.

“Yah-! Jisoo that’s not fair!” I caught her waist for an intense tickle. I know your weakness. I gave a devilish chuckle at the thought.

“What’s not fair is your long arms and legs!”

As I continued, Lisa successfully gripped my shoulders and pinned me on to the bed. I was a little startled but I fought back. We were this comfortable playing with each other ever since Lisa stopped being so shy around me. She was having a hard time speaking in Korean when I first met her, and I’m the talkative one. Maybe that’s why we became so fond of each other. If I’m being like this to Jennie non-stop, I’m sure I’ll be saying sorry non-stop too. It was never my intention to compare, but with Lisa it’s just… it’s just so different.

 

My mind went blank when Lisa grabbed me on both wrists and pinned me down again.

“It’s over for you this time Jisoo-ah”

I gulped. What’s with the low, seductive voice?

She slowly inches closer to my face. Am I still breathing? I think I might die right now.

 

I’m so nervous that I think I’ll choke with air.

 

Then suddenly…

 

*knock, knock*

 

Few knocks from my door was heard. Both of our heads turn in to that direction, and when the door was slowly opening, Lisa quickly got off on top of me.

 

“Oh, you’re here Lisa.” Jennie said.

“Yeah onni. I was just teaching our maknae a lesson.” She grinned looking at me.

“Aish!” When I was about to slap her arm, she hopped off my bed and ran outside, sticking out her tongue while doing so.

 

~ ~ ~

 

“Jen, what’s up?” I broke the silence. I felt that Jennie was having a hard time to speak up.

“I… Jisoo, I want to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter