Chapter 23

In Your Arms
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Why do you have to go onni? Is it because I’m a bad kid?” Little Haneul asked innocently. I went back at the orphanage the day after Taehyung told me to go back with Lisa. I figured I have to do it either way, so I’m making a go for it and see where it takes me. Maybe, one day it will lead me back here.

 

“No Han, of course not. I just have to go back where I’m from.” I said honestly.

 

“But… hyung said you came from heaven and it’s far, far away.”

 

Aish, oppa seriously…

 

I drew a quick laugh and pinched the boy’s cheek. “I am not. Your hyung was just fooling around.” I laughed again. “My home is far though, but I’ll make sure to visit and call you when possible.”

 

“But… I don’t want you to go.” He murmured as he battled with his tears.

 

“Oh, honey…” I pulled his arm and hugged the little guy. At first I hear faint sobs but later, he was already bawling.

 

“Han, I’m sorry. I promise I’ll visit okay?”

 

“But… b-but what if hyung leaves too?” I closed my eyes, feeling dejected. I knew what Haneul meant and it is just plain heart-breaking. Maybe I’m leaving at the wrong time? I tried contemplating but I know Taehyuing is more stubborn than me.

 

“Han, you know he will never leave you in his own will. You trust him right?” I said as I pull him away by the shoulders. Haneul just nodded and I gave him a tight smile.

 


“Do you promise to be a good kid like you always were?”

 

“Yes onni.” He said weakly.

 

“No more troubles for hyung okay? I won’t be here to help him anymore.” I said firmly and he just nodded a couple of times.

 

“Do you promise?”

 

“I promise onni.”

 

“Good boy.”

 

“You’ll keep your promise too right?”

 

I smiled at him sweetly as I caressed his cheeks. “Of course, honey.”

 

 

~ ~ ~

 

 

“Oppa, you know I could-…”

 

“Jisoo, you know I won’t change my mind.” He gave me his annoying smirk and I rolled my eyes. He laughed as he messed up my hair playfully.

 

“You should go. Your girl is waiting.” And he’s right, Lisa is waiting at my place. I insisted on going alone because I honestly don’t want her seeing me trying to convince Taehyung that I’ll stay... and I know she’s still sulking right now.

 

I released a defeated sigh and looked at Taehyung again.

 

“Jisoo, I’ll be alright. Leukemia is my .”

 

I scoffed. “Yeah, whatever you say.”

 

“Yah-! Be more supportive!”

 

“Jisoo-yaa, take this at least. I’ll be worried if I don’t give you any to take home with you.” Halmoni said as she handed a tray of my favorite spicy seafood pasta to go.

 

I wasn’t able to hide how delighted I was. “Halmoni! Thank you so much!” I said excitedly as I take it.

 

“You two… be careful on your way back. Call us when you get there.”

 

“Of course halmoni. Please… take care, all of you.” I said while I shifted my gaze to Taehyung.

 

“Aish jinjja. You’re treating me like a baby!” Taehyung said, faking a serious look. “Am I your baby?” He asked teasingly and I just rolled my eyes.

 

“I’ll tell Lisa.”

 

“Ani! That girl honestly scares me.” Seriously? That sweetheart scares you? Well… I guess Lisa doesn’t play nice with someone that bothers her. I laughed so hard with his confession.

 

“The great Taehyung, scared?” I continued laughing.

 

“Yah-! Haven’t you seen how she stares at me? Those were death threats already!”

 

I just laughed again and noticed that halmoni was already joining me.

 

“Aish jinjja, halmoni!”

 

 

~ ~ ~

 

I waved goodbye at Taehyung, Halmoni, and Haneul as I drove off. I can’t help but be worried sick about them, but I guess I have to trust them… that they’ll be alright.

 

I parked and released a sigh in preparation for my sulking Lisa. I took my things and the food halmoni gave, then went inside. I searched for the girl and suprisingly, I found her sleeping on my bed with her phone in her hand. It seems like she just have fallen asleep. She was already dressed, with her long black coat and jeans.

 

I sat beside her and removed her phone from her hand. I caressed her cheek and placed a gentle kiss on her forehead. I let her sleep some more and I started to fix my things one last time and prepare for our trip back.

 

 

“Lisa?” I woke her up while caressing her cheek again. I can’t help being so clingy to her. Missing her is dangerous, I thought. She ope

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter