Chapter 5

In Your Arms
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Chaeyoung-ah! Have you seen Jen?”

“She went out an hour ago, she said she’s meeting with friends. Didn’t she tell you?

What? After the countless times she rejected going out with me?

“N-no she didn’t. Did she say who she’s meeting with?”

“Hmm… not really onni, why not try calling her?”

Call her? She’s the one who should be approaching me after getting mad at me for “annoying” her.

“Hmm… okay, thanks Pasta.” I smiled teasingly when she rolled her eyes followed by a chuckle.

 

I called her nonetheless. “Hello? Jisoo?” She answered.

“Jen? Where are you?” I asked as I heard faint sounds of instrumental music. A piano?

“I’m just at a café nearby.”

“Oh, who are you with?”

“Some friends.”

“What friends?”

“Y-you know, our co-trainees way back”

“Oh, okay. When are you coming back then?”

“Maybe in a few hours. Look, I got to go. See you later Chu.”

“W-wait.” I was cut off before I knew it. I sighed as I was looking at my phone blankly.

 

“Hey dork what are you doing?” Lisa interrupted.

“N-nothing, and who are you calling dork?!”

“Well, who answered me anyway?” She laughed while hopping like a kid towards the couch where Chaeyoung was sitting.

“Whatever...” I said as I imitated Lisa and hopped on the couch as well. “Dork.” I said as I sat down, being goofy with her to take my mind off my anxieties.

Lisa scoffed and rolled her eyes. ‘Yeah, right.”

 

The three of us passed time watching several shows while eating plenty of snacks as breakfast. Yeah, we’re like this without the wife.

As I was getting pretty bored, I decided to make use of the time and go practice. Debut day is in a few weeks too, I thought. I asked the others if they wanted to join, and said they’ll follow after finishing the show they were watching.

I went out all prepared, and since the two aren’t with me yet, I roamed a little on the same floor as our studio. I’ve never noticed how many studios are here, I observed. I walked like I was having a stroll in the park.

As I was nearing the end of the hallway, I was about to turn back around when I heard faint sounds of a piano playing. Sounds familiar. Hmm… it can’t be.

Right? I tried convincing myself.

I stood for long seconds until I stepped closer to the room, my eyes can’t wait to see through the narrow glass of the door that reveals the inside. Every step feels like the devil clouding my thoughts with doubts, and here’s me; carrying my full trust. I’m just over-thinking.

Until that trust shattered into tiny bits of pieces.

There she is; Jennie. My Jendeuk, with… Hanbin oppa? They were sitting close to each other, giggling, and I saw him guiding Jennie’s hand while pressing the keys.

My hand turned into a fist, anger clouding everything that I thought were crystal clear. I can feel my eyes starting to water as questions keep popping into my head. Why? Why would she lie about meeting him?

I didn’t know what to do. Storm inside? Run? Scream?

As the thought of screaming came into mind, someone did scream.

 

“Yah-! Jisoo-ah!” Lisa screamed at the top of her lungs. She was at the turning point of the hallway, a couple of feet away from me. “Let’s go already! Chop ch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter