Chapter 12

In Your Arms
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“What the hell happened?!”

 

Lisa asked in annoyance as she put down her fork quite harshly. We were finally having that pleasant and romantic dinner as promised few weeks after our time apart. Our schedule were jam-packed all throughout that month and Lisa has been nagging me on that dinner ever since Jennie and I came back. It’s not that I don’t want to, of course I’ve been wanting to have an alone time with her… it’s just that we never really got the chance because we were so busy. We just literally go home in our place to bathe and sleep.

The restaurant had a fancy and relaxing ambience; dim lighting, music that serenades the soul, and of course the food and wine that shouts ‘elegance’. As nicely as I’ve put it, this sulking girl in front of me seems to not appreciate it.

“What do you mean?” I asked calmly while I took a sip of the wine.

“Why is Jennie like that?”

“Like what?”

“You know! She’s cheerful and… and she talks to me nicely!”

I laughed this time. “And that bothers you why exactly?”

“Because! Well…” She looks down as if finding the words that better explains what she’s trying to say.

“You know… ever since I confronted her, we never really talked much unless necessary.”

I felt a sting in my chest when I heard that. If Jennie and I haven’t got that talk then their friendship will also get affected, worse; lost. I never want that to happen. I was so grateful that it’s finally settled now. Although it is harder for Jennie, as ironic as it sounds… I’m always there for her to cheer her up because before anything else, before any other labels, the four of us are family.

The four of us… As the thought lingers in my head, I suddenly thought of Chaeyoung. The ever sweet and innocent Chaeyoung who I felt that is kept in the dark, oblivious of what’s happening between her friends. I think it’s about time to-…

“Yah-! Kim Jisoo are you even listening?!” Lisa interrupted my thoughts and realized I wasn’t even paying attention to my girlfriend.

“C-Come again?”

“Aish… seriously?! I’m asking what happened between you and Jennie?!” I felt her impatience grew and I seriously find that adorable.

“Nothing! We just talked.”

“About what?”

“Us.”

“Us what? You and me or you and her?”

“You and me and her.”

“Oh…” Lisa said in realization.

“We talked and settled it. Both of us wanted to be best friends again and I know she wants to reconcile with you too. We’re still working it out though, you know it’s not that easy.” She just nodded and played with her baked potatoes for a second.

 “I-I’m sorry… I’m such a kid.” She lowered her head, not able to face me.

I chuckled. “Hey… it’s fine. You can be a kid to me all you want and I wouldn’t mind.” I said and reached for her hand as I gave her an assuring smile.

“Aww…” She blushed and pouted like she couldn’t take the sweetness of those words and was about to cry. I laughed in glee. I would gladly give you all the sweetness in the world Lisa… because you deserve it. I kept that in mind. As I was busy swooning over this wonderful girl in front of me, I remembered my earlier thoughts…

 

“Lisa… speaking of best friends, would you mind telling yours about us?” I asked hesitantly as it might not be a good idea for her, and it reminded me how Jennie reacted when I suggested telling Lisa about our relationship before.

“Chaeyoungie? Sure! I don’t mind.” She answered like it was the easiest question she have heard.

“W-What?” I was honestly stunned by her answer as I expected the opposite.

“Well… if my girlfriend thinks its fine then it’s fine with me.” She said while she cuts her roast beef. I still looked at her, unable to converse.

She continued… “And besides, I already told her that I like someone and told her stories and rant about it most of the time… but I said I can’t tell her yet who is who. You know Chae right? She’s the most understanding.”

I nodded. “Yeah she is. So I wanted…” I paused, thinking of what words I really wanted to say but she beat me to it.

“I want to tell her too. We’re family right?” She said with her sweet smile. With that, I knew she understood and no further explanations were needed. Lisa really is my warmth, my safe place, my sunshine through this vast abyss that secluded my being.

 

Seriously? I never knew I can be this poetically cheesy for someone. I’m whipped.

 

“So… d-did you guys kissed?” She asked while playing again with her food. What the hell is that question for?

“What? No! Why would we?”

“Well… y-you know, like those in the movies when couples break up they seal the past with a last kiss or something like that and…” She looked at me before continuing.

“…and I thought maybe you needed some cleansing again and I-…”

“Yah-! What the hell are you saying? What kind of movies did you watch with Chaeng? Aish! Seriously you guys watch too much drama!” I couldn’t control my laugh because of how serious she was when she said it.

 

“Y-Yah-! Why are you laughing?! I was just asking! Answer me seriously!” She demanded but I just continued my controlled laughs.

 

“Aish jinjja! Yah-! Kim Jisoo!” She whispered annoyingly.

 

And… I just kept laughing. If we were not in this fancy restaurant, I would’ve laughed my off. This girl really…

 

 

“Kim Jisoo you pabo!!”

 

~ ~ ~

 

“So… how should we tell her?” I asked Lisa as we watch Chaeyoung eating her snack at the kitchen counter while her eyes were glued on her phone. We were stalking her from Lisa’s room, our heads popped out from the door.

“Let me handle it.” She answered with confidence.

“Are you sure about that?”

“Yah-, I’m the best friend.”

Well, she’s got a point. Maybe it’s alright to let her handle this.

“Okay, let’s go!”

“Wait!” I held her wrist to stop her.

“Can we at least let her finish her food? You might choke her!”

“Fine!”

We waited and finally, Chaeyoung was already sipping her drink but was still busy with her phone. I nudged Lisa as cue that it was time. We walked, and I felt my heart gradually increased its beating. I inhaled heavily, mustering all my courage and exhaled slowly as I closed my eyes in preparation.

“Chaeyong-ah, Chaeyoung-ah!” Lisa called her best friend and she was startled that she quickly put her phone down.

“What, what? Why do you always call me like that?!” Chaeyoung complained.

Lisa just laughed. “I’m sorry, it just entertains me how surprised you get every time!”

Aish, seriously… how can this girl be so carefree? I thought.

“Anyways, Jis

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter