Chapter 2

In Your Arms
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Present)

I opened my eyes slowly as the echoes of the call registers and woke me up. I slowly picked up my phone to see Jennie calling at six in the morning. I answered it with a little hesitation.

“Hello Jen? Why are you calling me this early?” I know she wouldn’t call me this early for she knew my usual mood when I just woke up, unless it’s something important.

“Why? Can’t I?” I felt the sudden change of our atmosphere. Oh crap, angry Jennie.

“You know it’s not like that. Is something wrong?” I said firmly. I am best at handling this mood of hers compare with the other members. Maybe because I’m usually the victim, or I know she wouldn’t bear being aloof at me for long.

“I don’t know.” She paused.

“I’m upset that I haven’t got a single message from you since you got there.” She continued.

I noticed it quite a few times that Jennie seems a little bothered that I give my attention to Lisa a lot lately. It’s not that I intend to, I just can’t help it.

“I-I’m sorry Jen, I thought you wouldn’t mind because we already talked last night.” I said as an excuse.

“Okay. Go back to sleep then. Bye.” She hung up.

I grunted on the outcome of my morning. Great, just great.

 

Four years ago…

 

“Jisoo, I love you.”

“I love you too Jen.”

We held hands as we exchange our confessions. We were lying on my bed at our home town, getting ready for sleep. I tagged her along with me because she’ll be alone on that summer vacation. Lisa went home for Thailand that time, we just started as a group. Jennie was a crybaby and I know for sure we’ll be on non-stop phone calls. She was delighted with the invite.

“Let us vow that from now on, we’ll always be there for each other and not let this ruin our dreams.” She then said.

I giggled with her absurd sweetness and nodded; “I promise.”

We looked at each other and kissed for a short while. We were young, but our words were passionate. Those words held a deep meaning for the both of us. We won’t be here where we are right now if it weren’t for that honesty.

Jennie and I were never alarmed with our relationship. We were just being ourselves, and to others it was a beautiful bond between best friends. When we were teased on having romantic feelings for each other, we just gave a smirk and sometimes went along with it jokingly. We never really talked about it, it just went on naturally for us.

 

A year into our relationship…

 

“Jen, don’t you think we should tell Lisa about us?” I asked. Chaeyoung wasn’t in the group yet.

“Why?”

“I just think that we shouldn’t leave her out like this, we’re all friends. I think she’ll understand.”

“Well…” She said while collecting her thoughts. “I don’t think it’s time for that. What if she doesn’t understand? And besides, if she did, wouldn’t she intentionally leave

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter