Epilogue

In Your Arms
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Han! Kim Haneul!”

 

 

I called out again but still, there was no answer. Aish, not again. I walked in to his room and as expected, he was so busy playing his Nintendo console. I sat beside him on his bed and watch him for few seconds. Well, I can’t deny that I’m a little proud that my son is a gamer too.

 

 

“Haneul, honey… continue that later okay? We have to go.”

 

 

“But it’s the best part Jisoonie.” I smiled at him. Lisa taught him that name of mine because he still wasn’t comfortable calling either of us ‘mom’. Well, we can work with that later but for now, this is fine.

 

 

“Everything is the good part, buddy.” I chuckled. Finally, he put the console down and looked at me while fixing his eyeglasses.

 

 

“How did you know?” He said, his eyes showing innocence. I can’t help but smile with his cuteness.

 

 

“Because that is what I always say when I want to keep playing too.” I said as I pinched his nose while imitating his scrunched face.

 

 

We both laughed and he fixed his bag with much attention.

 

 

“Why are you taking all your stuff out?”

 

 

“I’ll put Dalgomie here and bring him with me.” I laughed again. AIsh this kid is so adorable.

 

 

“I’m sorry honey, Dalgomie can’t come with us.” I said with a pout, but his can’t get any cuter.

 

 

“But why? Don’t worry, I told him not to fight with Lisa anymore.”

 

 

“No not that, it’s because pets aren’t allowed in the café… and that’s Lisa onni for you Kim Haneul. Don’t make her upset again.” I warned. I find it funny that he bickers with Lisa more than I do with her. They’re quite a handful a lot of times but they are my family now, and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

 

 

He sighed and answered “okay” weakly at me. Aish, Taehyung… why does Han get to be stubborn like you? I whined in my thoughts and decided I’ll deal with the matter later. I look at my watch and got reminded again that we’re going to be late.

 

 

“Han, we have to go. Be ready in 10 minutes okay?” He nodded while he puts his stuff back in his bag. I stood up and went towards our room, only to find this big baby sleeping soundly again. She’s already dressed though; jeans and brown sweater, she even has her coat and shoes on already. I smiled at the sight. I know how tiring her job is. She went home late last night from a photo shoot and dinner with the staff. She kept messaging me saying she wanted to go home and have dinner with Haneul and me instead. I giggled remembering how sweet my wife is.

 

 

“Lisa… we have to go.” I said gently. I honestly didn’t want to wake her up. I just wanted to scoot beside her and cuddle with her all day. She woke up from my touch and smiled once she opened her eyes.

 

 

“Hmm I could wake up to this all day.” She said with her y morning voice. She sat up slowly and leaned closer to place a soft kiss on my lips. The kiss would’ve heated up if Dalgom didn’t interrupt.

 

 

“Aish, Dalgomie is jealous again.”

 

 

I chuckled. “Ani… he’s just reminding us that we’re already late.” I said and pecked my wife’s nose. I stood up and took my hand bag and coat.

 

 

“Yah-, Jisoo-ah you kissed the wrong part.” Lisa whined like a kid.

 

 

And… she’s lively again in an instant. I can’t help but laugh and give her another kiss like she wanted. I reached for her hand and pulled her to stand up. I fixed her hair and coat that got a little messy.

 

 

“I kind of miss your bangs. I used to fix it more than my own hair.” I said with a chuckle.

 

 

“Really? But you said you didn’t like it!” She whined again to which I laughed.

 

 

“You know I was just teasing you, you silly.”

 

 

“Aish… then… should I bring it back?” She said, lighting up to the idea. I on the other hand, had the urge to once more.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“No.”

 

 

 

 

“Aish jinjja!”

 

 

 

 

~ ~ ~

 

 

 

 

The three of us walked in to the café and immediately saw the two lovebirds sitting at the far end near the condiments. I’m guessing Chaeyoung picked the table. I smiled at the sight, they’re too adorable.

 

 

 

As we walked closer to them, no matter how adorable these two were, they always find something to bicker with.

 

 

 

“…but I want to be a Kim!” Chaeyoung protested.

 

 

“No! You’ll stay a Park… Park Chaeyoung, Roseanne Park!” Jennie countered.

 

 

Aish… the usual Jennie Kim. Poor Chaeyoungie…

 

 

 

“Jennie onni! Chaeng onni!” Haneul called out, breaking their argument.

 

 

“Han!” The two said in unison. Haneul literally dived towards them and received hugs and kisses from her onni’s.

 

 

“Have you gotten taller?!” Chaeyoung asked excitedly.

 

 

“A centimeter taller!” He responded with the same tone. We all fell into giggles as Lisa and I settled to sit across them.

 

 

We looked at the menu and then Haneul scooted in between us, searching what to order too.

 

 

“I want the matcha frappe and the tiramisu like Chaeng onni has.” As usual, he gets to pick his order ahead of us, and he always makes sure that he has one similar order as Chaeyoung’s. This kid has a soft spot for the softest member indeed.

 

 

Lisa and I ordered too and once the staff had finished getting our orders, our gazes turned to the two. They are the ones who invited us and said they have important news.

 

 

“So… what’s the news?” I asked then both of them smiled and looked at each other. They lifted their intertwined hands. It was Jennie’s left hand and we saw something shining on her finger. Chaeyoung lifted her left hand too, and she wore the same ring. It was obvious, and Lisa and I gasped excitedly.

 

 

“Omo! Congratulations!” Lisa squealed. We stood up and gave them congratulatory hugs. We sat back while Haneul remained unbothered as he started playing again.

 

 

“How did you pop the question Chaeng?” I asked, in all smiles.

 

 

“Wel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter