Chapter 24

In Your Arms
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

It was six in the morning and Lisa and I were having our morning coffee. We didn’t do this much before because we were more of a ‘midnight-snack buddies’ back then. At the orphanage, my timeline was adjusted same as with halmoni and Taehyung. Lisa was surprised at first that I sleep earlier than usual and wake up too early as five, but later she got used to my routine too.

 

 

“Jisoo, take a look at this.” Lisa handed me a clear envelope, slightly revealing the texts from the document. I assumed it was some kind of contract. I put down my cup of coffee to the side and opened it. Lisa took a sip of her coffee while I read the contents. As expected, it was a contract for an international entertainment company, a big one I might add. This is where the three of them got signed to individually, and this document right here is for me.

 

 

“They want to see you, Jisoo. They have been waiting.” Lisa said when she noticed I finished reading through the pages.

 

I honestly didn’t know what to say, or think, or feel. If this was handed to me before I left, I might’ve been in complete glee and would’ve said yes on the spot. But now… why?

 

 

 

Why do I feel… nothing?

 

 

 

I got anxious. I don’t know if it is because of my wavering feelings towards what I used to call ‘dream’ or because I wanted to say the words Lisa expected to hear from me. I wanted her to hear me say;”I’m looking forward for it!” or “I’ve been waiting for this too!” But, how can I lie to her? If I’m going to start over with her, then honesty is my top priority.

 

 

“Lisa, can I… think this over?”

 

It was evident that she got a little confused with my reaction but her stare softened quickly. “Of course. Just tell me your thoughts about it when you’ve decided.”

 

I nodded as I slid the contract back in the envelope. We exchanged smiles and were back to drinking our warm cup, casually talking about things we’ve missed about each other’s lives when we were apart. I am so glad that I am with someone who I can be honest with about almost everything. I have no more words to describe how perfect this person in front of me is.

 

As I adore this girl who is currently enthusiastic with telling me stories, I can’t help but to lean forward and steal a kiss from her.

 

Lisa was caught off-guard with the gesture and quickly showed a blush. “Hey… very sneaky, Kim Jisoo.” She commented with her blush burning her cheeks more.

 

“Why, thank you Ms. Lalisa.” I teased and we shared giggles and flirty remarks throughout our early-morning coffee talk.

 

 

 

~ ~ ~

 

 

 

“Hello? Halmoni?”

 

“Jisoo! I’m glad you called again. How are you dear?” She answered. I’ve been calling from time to time for me to be able to catch up at least. Yeah, I love being back here but I’ve always felt that I left some part of me there. Talking to them somehow connects me to that part.

 

“I’m good halmoni. How about you guys over there?”

 

“That’s good to hear. We’re fine dear, no worries.” I smiled. I’m relieved each time I hear they’re okay.

 

“Can I talk to Taehyung oppa?”

 

There was quite a long pause before she answered. “Oh I’m sorry dear, he’s out doing some groceries for dinner later.”

 

“Is that so? Okay then, maybe next time.” I drew a small chuckle while I imagine Taehyung doing some errands. I used to do it with him a lot and we argue on things to buy. That’s why we always end up doing errands twice the time we were supposed to finish and we’ll get some scolding from halmoni once we get back.

 

“Sounds good. I’ll tell him you called.”

 

“Yeah. Thanks halmoni.”

 

“No problem. Bye dear.”

 

“Bye.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter