Chapter 21; LISA'S DIARY pt. 3

In Your Arms
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Jennie, there is nothing else I wanted but her to be here with me. So please… let me do what I have to do.”

 

 

Jennie’s grip loosen a little as she spoke. “Lisa, I understand… but please, let’s trust Jisoo on this… because she trusts us.”

 

“Jennie, I can’t! I just-…” I try to retort but she cut me off.

 

“Jisoo… she said something on the letter that gave me an idea, or knowing what’s inside that head of hers, maybe she wanted me to have that idea.” She scans the room for the others to listen.

 

“What is it?”

 

She lifted the letter she was holding and read that short part; “Jendeuk, please take care of the girls, get them out if possible.” Jennie looked at us as we looked at her back, confused.

She rolled her eyes and sighed. “Don’t you get it? At first I thought she was saying to take care of you guys by taking you out somewhere, but I realized she might be saying ‘get out of the dungeon.’”

 

My eyes widen. The rest of us did.

 

Maybe it was the real plan. Jisoo wanted the director to think the rest of us are innocent, she wanted his trust back on us… and that’s how he’ll become vulnerable.

But to be honest, I didn’t like it. I don’t like the fact that her dream was ruined by this along with her image. How could she ever take that back now? I closed my eyes and sighed. Jisoo seriously… how can you be so clever and stupid at the same time?

 

“Looks like we were dragged on this crazy plan of hers huh?” Jennie commented.

 

 

“Guess we don’t have much of a choice.”

 

 

 

~ ~ ~

 

 

 

Eight months later…

 

I heaved a sigh of bravery, hoping I’ll have some.

 

I walked closer, my tracks visibly marked the soft, dry soil. I successfully found the orphanage where Jisoo was working… or helping, as per Manager onni’s information. We kept tracking Jisoo after a few months of her disappearance. With the on-going plan back then, we were expecting at least a call or message from her but to our much disappointment, there was nothing.

We got nothing for a month until Jennie remembered a place where Jisoo had said she wanted to stay for the rest of her life when she got old. We were hesitant at first but knowing Jisoo, anything may be possible. We took the shot and luckily, hopefully she’s here.

I went alone, drove alone. I know the others wanted to come too but they understood. When I was on my way, I imagined her driving alone too; how it must’ve felt, how painful and lonely it was, how she cried… and it hurt the hell out of me. I felt it. With every passing minute, I felt her closer… that’s why now, I know she’s here.

 

 

Another step closer… I see the back of a brunette wearing a white long sleeves, too large for her size. I knew right then that it was her. I smiled excitedly. Finally, after a long time I’m going to see her, hold her, smell her. I’m a couple of feet away from her but my heart was already beating erratically.

 

 

Another step… I saw her leaned down to a pouting boy and played with his hair. I saw a glimpse of her smile and with that alone, I think I needed a reminder to breathe because right now I’m taking deep inhales and it’s not enough. It’s been long excruciating months but my heart still longs for her madly, my heart still belongs to her.

 

 

Another step… I wanted to shout and call her already, I was about to but the next scene took my smile away. I saw a man, maybe about Jisoo’s age too. While Jisoo comforted the little boy, this guy was smiling sweetly at her like she’s the most beautiful human being to ever cross his world. I know that look… because it is how I adore her when she’s not looking. That’s supposed to be, and only me.

I gripped my hand bag tightly. Who is he? Are… are they ‘together’? I felt a pang in my chest with the possibility. I was trying to be positive and forced myself to move forward… but I can’t. I’m frozen on my spot; confused, hurt, afraid. It got worse when that guy extended her hand to reach Jisoo’s shoulder and she looked at him with a sweet smile. W-What is this? Is this a ing drama?!

My fear turned into anger. Is this why she won’t even call me? Even just once? Because she… she have this… guy? Without any second thoughts, I rushed forward. I wanted to crush his bones but I’ll save that for later.

 

“Jisoo.” I called out sternly, still gripping my bag violently. She shifted her attention at me and her eyes widened in surprise as she stood straight to face me.

 

“L-Lisa?”

 

We were just staring at each other. It was like she was registering my face in her mind like I was some historical being she needs to remember and I actually find it adorable how she squints her eyes and how opened a little in confusion. I felt my stare turned soft at the close sight of her. She’s so beautiful. However, my adoration for my girl was ruined by this guy who walked a step closer beside Jisoo.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter