Chapter 25

In Your Arms
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Cameras everywhere;

 

 

The flashes feels like it can blind me, the clicking sounds and people screaming my name feels like it can make me deaf.

 

 

I can’t believe I got used to this before but more surprisingly, I can’t believe it has this effect on me now. I held Lisa’s arm tighter as my eyes roamed the airport floor, confused on where I should direct it to. Lisa noticed how troubled I was and held my hand, intertwining it with much pressure that tells me she’s just right beside me and everything will be fine.

 

 

I looked at her and her eyes were smiling at me. The warmth it gave me made me manage to smile back, making everything else a blur in my vision. She has that effect on me.

 

 

The both of us now were sitting comfortably in the plane and I heaved a sigh of relief.

 

 

“Hey, are you okay?” Lisa asked.

 

 

“Yeah, I just got a little…” I searched for the right word but Lisa beat me to it.

 

 

“Anxious?” I nodded. Ever since I left, I think I got it more lately. It was never in my personality to be anxious but I guess I developed a thing or two with everything that has happened.

 

 

“Don’t feel pressured okay? They just want to meet you that’s all.” Lisa assured, and I just nodded again with a tight smile. I rested my head on her shoulder and got reminded again on how everything fits perfectly with her.

 

 

 

~ ~ ~

 

 

The talk with the director was going smoothly. He was comfortable to speak with and I can say that my English got a lot better. The three girls arguably demanded that I speak with them with the language and nothing else, quite the ‘Lisa style’ technique when she was still learning Korean. It went on for a few months continuously, so the change was quite huge.

 

 

Goodness, they were so annoying. I smiled at the thought. But it helped me a lot, especially when I got too irritated with Jennie and bicker with her non-stop in English, when I kept scolding Chaeyoung with how much of a kid she was whenever she’s in the kitchen and then she’ll show off her Aussie accent and I just had to fire back with the same sass, and lastly when Lisa flirts with me and of course I have to keep up with that do I?

 

 

As I was saying, everything went smoothly until the bomb I didn’t expected was coming, was dropped all of the sudden.

 

 

 

 

“So Kim Jisoo, are you ready to sign with us right now?”

 

 

What? Right now?

 

 

I kept opening my mouth but closing it again because no words came out. I wasn’t ready to answer that question.

 

 

“Wait, you said you just wanted to meet her?” Lisa asked, with brows furrowed in confusion.

 

 

“Yes but time is ticking Lisa. We already have a concept ready for the three of you. Actually, we already have one for Jisoo too but we can’t put our full efforts on it if she’s still indecisive.”

 

 

Of course, this is still business. They can’t wait forever.

 

 

“I know that but please, give her a little more time. She-…”

 

 

“I’ll give an answer by tomorrow. Please give me until then.” I said, cutting Lisa off. I can tell how shocked she was but I can’t be any more of a burden to her.

 

 

The director nodded. “Of course, I’ll expect some good news yeah?” He said and smiled expectantly.

 

 

I nodded with the same gesture but was a little surprised with my sudden decision. I looked at Lisa and she knew it was my cue that it’s time to go.

 

 

“Thank you director, we’ll keep in touch.” Lisa said while both of us stood up and the director did the same.

 

 

“See you tomorrow then.” He smiled again, looking at me. I appreciated his eagerness but this decision is a major turn in my life and I have to think of it hard… overnight.

 

 

 

“Jisoo, you didn’t have to do that.” Lisa said while we walk at the hallway towards the parking space.

 

 

“I had to. I can’t make them wait any longer.”

 

 

“But… I know you’re not ready. I’m sorry I-…”

 

 

“Lisa, please… its okay. I have to do this.” I cooed and smiled at her.

 

 

“I just… don’t want you to regret anything.”

 

 

“I know.” I smiled wider at her. I know she cared that much that’s why she’s been patient with everything. “It’s okay Lisa.” I assured her and finally, she gave a smile back.

 

 

 

~ ~ ~

 

 

 

“Are you sure about this Jisoo?” Lisa asked, obviously containing her excitement. I can tell that she wanted to ask seriously but was too happy when I said I’d sign the contract.

 

 

“Do you want me to change my mind then?” I teased.

 

 

“Ani~… Let’s go!” She said enthusiastically and pulled me by the hand.

 

 

Aish this girl…

 

 

 

 

“What concept do you think they have for you? A cute one perhaps? With too much aegyo?” Lisa asked teasingly while she drives

 

 

“Maybe a y one is good.” I suggested.

 

 

I was shocked when the car went to a sudden halt.

 

 

“What the hell happened?!”

 

 

“No! You’re not doing a y concept Kim Jisoo!”

 

 

I can’t help but laugh at her. “What? I was just kidding!”

 

 

Lisa just rolled her eyes and continued driving. “Whatever Kim Jisoo.” She muttered.

 

 

Aish she gets more stubborn by the minute.

 

 

My thoughts got distracted by my phone as it rings. I saw it was Manager Onni and I answered, thinking she just wanted some souvenirs when we get back.

 

 

“Hello?”

 

 

“Jisoo. Your halmoni called.”

 

 

With her serious tone, I can’t help but drop my cheerful mood in a second. I remembered I gave her’s and Lisa’s number to halmoni before I went back to Seoul in case she can’t reach me. I was a nervous wreck that I didn’t think I could ask why, but I had to.

 

 

“She said her calls weren’t reaching to you so she called me.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter