Chapter 9

In Your Arms
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I grunted heavily.

I just don’t like shopping! I couldn’t think of anything she’ll absolutely love! I whined desperately while I roam from designer stores to jewelry ones. It’s not that I don’t know her tastes, I know every bits and pieces of it, and that’s the problem. I just don’t know what will stand out and surprise her.

How about gadgets? Yeah, she likes those.

No, I don’t know how to choose! She always help me with choosing my phone or camera. I sighed. This is hopeless.

As I roamed around in this jewelry shop, one caught my attention. It’s a silver necklace with a sunflower pendant. The shape seemed like it was etched from silver itself, giving it a vintage style and in the middle, settled was a whole clustered tiny pieces of light yellow stones. Her favorite flower, her favorite color, her style, the size is just right; not too big nor small for her liking. The heavens answered my cries. It’s perfect.

“This please.” I said to the lady for assistance as I pointed on the glass. I just eyed the necklace while she brings it to me. I looked at it and lifted it with care. I placed the pendant in my palm and smiled like a fool who’s madly in love. Lisa-yaa, you’re my sunflower.

 

~ ~ ~

 

I excitedly went inside our place and see no one in the common areas. “Oh, where are they?” I muttered to myself. I went inside my room and checked the gift I’m going to give to Lisa. I know the timing is kind of a bit off because of what happened last night and it seems like an apology gift but it’s not it. I want her to know my feelings too, not just with words.

I inhaled deeply, mustering every courage I have left before going outside my room to go to hers.

I opened her door slowly and peeked first before entering. She’s still sleeping. I checked for the time and found out it’s still a bit early. Still 10 a.m. huh? I thought I took long. Well, shopping always felt like forever.

I sat down carefully in her bed, looking at her face. She’s such an angel. As I don’t want to wake her up, I’m debating with my thoughts whether I should just leave a note or just come back later. Having hesitantly deciding the latter, I pushed my hand on the bed to support myself to stand up but I was stopped by a hand holding my wrist.

“Where do you think you’re going?” Said Lisa in a hoarse voice, her eyes still puffy from last night.

“Hey, you’re awake?”

‘What do you think?”

I chuckled with her sarcasm. “Still sulking huh?”

“Of course I am.”

I just smiled as she looked at me.

“Stop smiling idiot.”

“Why? Can’t resist me?”

She rolled her eyes but smiled sweetly, a blush evident on her cheeks.

I put down my gift which I think she haven’t noticed yet and scoot over to her bed. I hugged her tightly and buried my face into her neck. We both chuckled at the comfort.

“Lisa, I’m sorry.” I started. She pulled away a little so she can look at me straight, ready and eager to listen. So I continued.

“I’m sorry I haven’t considered your feelings. I was just scared that it will ruin the four of us. We’re all friends, aren’t we? Please don’t fight Jen. You know her; when she wants something, she can be a little… or more competitive. It seems a bit hard to understand but let me handle it okay?”

Lisa just nodded, eyes were already forming tear clouds. As I anticipated, I lifted both my hands to cup her face then wiped the tears as it finally escaped.

“Don’t cry. I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay. I’m sorry I was childish.”

I smiled. Being humble is one of my favorite traits of her. I slightly pulled away so I can reach the gift I put down a while ago. “Here’s a gift for this baby… so stop crying please?”

As she was rubbing away her tears, she let out a chuckle of excitement. “Really?!”

“Yes really. Open it.”

She opened the bag and once she saw the necklace from the box, she lit up with joy and gasped.

“Oh. My. G-…” She didn’t even get to finish what she was saying as she was carefully opening it.

“Jisoo-ah, omo… it’s so beautiful. Thank you.” She said in all sincerity.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter