Chapter 22

In Your Arms
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Why?” Lisa asked weakly as a tear escaped from her eye. I quickly wiped it from her face and gave her a quick kiss of reassurance.

 

“Lisa, I think we need to talk somewhere else. Let’s go to my place, okay?”

 

She just nodded and led the way outside while she holds my hand. I reached for her arm and gripped her coat. I miss doing this with her. I miss her so damn much.

 

She led me to a yellow mustang and opened the passenger’s door for me. I sat and waited for her to take the driver’s seat. I can’t help but think how cool she is. Everyone would have fallen for her. I chuckled at the thought.

 

“What’s funny?” She asked, staring back at me.

 

“Nothing. You’re just so cool right now Lisa-yaaa.” I teased.

 

“Yah-! I’ve always been.”

 

“I know, I know.” I said as I let out a laugh. Lisa leaned closer and reached for my seatbelt. She securely tucked it and she did the same with hers.

 

“Lead the way.” She said as she pull away from the front yard of the home.

 

“Alright.”

 

 

 

“Take a right turn here.”

 

“Okay.”

 

Lisa was awfully quiet. I don’t know what’s going on in her mind as I look at her. She seemed to notice so she spoke, her eyes still darted on the road.

 

“Jisoo, how did you get there? I didn’t see any vehicles, just a mini pick-up truck and I believe that’s not yours.”

 

Is she interrogating me? “Oh, I rode with…” I stopped with the realization that Lisa won’t like my answer. After she gave me that questioning look earlier, I knew where the conversation was going.

 

“With who?”

 

“With Taehyung.”

 

“I’m guessing that’s the ‘oppa’ you were referring to earlier. Am I right?” She asked sternly. Oh boy.

 

“Yeah.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Take a left there.” I quickly instructed. I almost forgot that I was leading her the way.

 

“Why?” She goes back to her question after taking the turn.

 

“Because… I moved.”

 

“What?” She asked with a little irritation in her tone.

 

“Let’s talk about that when we get to my place, okay? We’re almost there.”

 

I see her brows furrowed. She didn’t answer or react to what I said and just continued driving.

 

 

 

“You can park beside my car.” She did and we went out. I saw her observed the house as she waited for me to get past through her and followed me towards the entrance. I got my key ready and opened the door.

 

“Come in.” I gestured. She went inside and I felt like she observed every nook and cranny of the house.

 

“Feel comfortable. Do you want anything to drink or eat?”

 

“Just water.” She answered as she roamed around some more.

 

When I get back to her with a glass of water on hand, I saw her picked up a picture frame and I’m guessing that’s the four of us on one of our pre-debut days. I smiled as I walked closer.

 

“It keeps me sane.” I said as I hand her the water. She put the frame back down and reached for the glass. She took a few gulps then lowered the glass down as she looked at me.

 

“I’m… I’m sorry I-…” I cut her off by waving a hand.

 

“You don’t need to be. That was my decision remember?” I smiled a little and led her to the coffee table near the kitchen. We sat and I started answering the questions that wanted to be answered badly.

 

 

“Taehyung…” She was playing with the glass of water, running her finger on the sides until she heard that name. It was like she was frozen on her spot, still looking at the glass.

 

“He is one of the orphans. He grew there and now he’s taking care of the kids. I met him when I decided to visit the orphanage and he’s the one who guided me on this place’s whereabouts.” Lisa just nodded, cueing me to continue.

 

“A couple of weeks ago, I figured out that he’s sick. It’s leukemia.” Lisa’s gaze turned to me, her reaction tells she was shocked and sorry at the same time.

 

“That’s why I initiated the move. I moved there to help him take care of the kids. I visit there almost every day anyway and I grew fond of the environment out there. It makes me… less lonely.”

 

“Do you… take care of him?”

 

“Not really. There’s a medic who visits every day. She’s a friend of Tae’s.”

 

“Is that why you can’t come back with me?”

 

“Yes… he doesn’t even have a month left Lisa. I… I don’t know what to do-…”

 

“Jisoo, you can’t take care of everyone. What are you going to do? Are you going to stay here forever? How about your dream? Is it long gone now?”

 

“That… it’s a bit too late for that.” I said back, sounding defeated.

 

“It’s not! We’ve been signed internationally Jisoo. We can start all over-…”

 

“I… I found a new meaning here Lisa.” I confessed. When I got so fond of the orphanage, I felt something strange at first, but realized it’s just me regaining my interest about something. When I left, I felt my lowest, I felt demotivated in everything… I lost myself in the process. They do say that you’ll only find who you really are when you get lost right? Well, I found mine here, in the hearts of those little children.

 

“Is it because of him?”

 

“What? No! It’s not-…” I got cut off when Lisa stood.

 

“Then I guess you won’t be needing me here for much longer.” She said and headed towards the door. I reached for her and encircled my arms from her back.

 

“Please… Lisa, if I have to be selfish now… please… stay.”

 

Lisa turned around to face me, my arms still around her waist. She cupped my face and pulled me in for a kiss. She deepened it, almost violently pulling me more. She straddled to find a safe step to move forward and I moved back, our lips not separating even a tiny gap. She kept moving forward as I keep moving back until the back of my lower waist reached the table. I put my hands atop of it for support because Lisa was intensely devouring the life out of me as she pull me by the waist for more body contact.

 

She pulled away from the kiss, too quickly that I think I only got to inhale few amounts of air until she closed the gap again. I felt her leaned lower to lift my body, and the next thing I knew, I was already sitting on the table. I lifted my arms and encircled it around her neck as we both pull each other closer like the non-existent space wasn’t enough for our heated bodies. Later, she pulled away to speak…

 

 

“Jisoo, where’s the bedroom?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter