HBD KJS

In Your Arms
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Hi. As the chapter says... well, this is a super duper special one.

Random plot, totally not related with the story btw.

Enjoy :)

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

“Lisa-…”

 

I tried calling her once I saw her come out from the bathroom but obviously she ran away. What is up with that girl? She’s been avoiding me ever since New Year’s Eve happened. I thought harder on what could’ve made her distant. I’m beginning to get upset because it’s almost my birthday, in about 3 hours to be exact… and my best friend is treating me like this.

 

We’ve been friends and roommates since college and now we’re working, we still decided to rent an apartment together. She’s into graphics design and photography and I’m into literature. I don’t know how we became so close though. She’s too out-going and I’m too much of a ‘home’ person. But the thing is, I’d probably go anywhere if it’s with her and she’d probably don’t mind if she’ll stay at home as long as I’m with her. That can sum up our relationship pretty well. Well, not that I’m saying that we are in a one. I never thought of it that way. I mean yeah, Lisa is the confident gay and I’m pretty sure I’m bi. I can say Lisa is a bit of a playgirl. A bit? Okay fine, she’s my friend anyway. And I prefer a serious relationship. I’d see Lisa break every girl’s heart, and I don’t see why I should put myself on that position.

 

So… what about New Year’s Eve? Well, since both of us can’t come to our own hometowns, we decided to celebrate it together for the first time. I didn’t know what came across into our heads that we chose a romantic dinner in an exquisite hotel, over the rooftop gardens.

 

 

Flashback…

 

“Hey what’s your New Year’s resolution?” Lisa asked after sipping from her glass of wine.

 

“Hmm… wake up earlier in the morning?” I answered and Lisa scoffed.

 

“What the hell was that?” We both laughed.

 

“What? You think that’s easy?!”

 

“Whatever Jisoo.” Lisa said after rolling her eyes at me.

 

“Well, what’s yours genius?”

 

“I… want to have a serious relationship.” She answered seriously. I was sipping my wine this time and I almost choked upon hearing what she said.

 

“What? You? Serious? Relationship?” I scoffed.

 

“What? I’m being serious here!”

 

“Well… why now?”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Why now? Do you like someone seriously?” I emphasized.

 

“I… I think I do.” Lisa’s seriousness caught me off guard. Maybe she does like someone. I felt slightly excited for her but at the same time, I feel… troubled? Like a mom witnessing her child having her first love? I shrugged the thoughts off my head. I think I was just being a little over-protective of her.

 

“Really? Who?”

 

“I won’t tell.”

 

“What? Why not?!”

 

“Because…” She left her words hanging.

 

“Because?” I asked, cueing her to continue as I die of curiousity.

 

As I saw her collecting her words and finally into the verge of explaining, the New Year’s countdown has been announced and officially started. As it counts, people counted along but I was just staring at Lisa who was also staring at me… sweetly, I might add. She never looked at me that way. It was so loving-like, it felt… oddly warm.

 

10

 

9

 

8

 

“Because…” Surprisingly, she continued and I don’t want her to just yet because I can barely hear her.

 

7

 

6

 

“Wait Lisa, I can’t hear-…” I tried to cut her off but she still continued.

 

5

 

4

 

3

 

“Because it is…”

 

2

 

1

 

“…”

 

“…Jisoo.”

 

And people cheered and greeted each other while the fireworks clouded all the noise into murmurs. I totally didn’t hear what Lisa said before my name because she said it exactly at the end of the countdown. Did she do that on purpose? Aish, this girl.

 

“Happy New Year, Jiso

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter