Chapter 10

In Your Arms
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Yah-… Jisoo, you behave okay?” Lisa said to me seriously as I check my things one last time.

“What? What do you even mean by that?”

“You know what I mean!”

“Alright, alright! I’ll behave.” I surrendered as I let out a chuckle.

“What’s so funny? Yah-! You better-…” I silenced her with a peck on her lips. I slowly put my arms around her neck and smiled at her. “I’ll behave, Lisa-yaaa.” I emphasized calling her name. I can clearly see her face burning and I laughed at how sensitive she gets with my sudden affections.

“I’ll call or message you when I can, okay?” She just nodded and my smile grew wider. I kissed her again and said our ‘take care’ to each other.

She walked me out and insisted on pulling my luggage. Upon reaching the main door, we both faced Jennie and looked at us with that stare particularly once her gaze reached Lisa’s hand holding my luggage. It was awkward and all of us can feel the tension with every tick of the clock, especially between the two.

“Alright! Let’s go!” Commanded Manager onni, oblivious of the growing tension around her. Thank goodness, I almost said that thought out loud. I mouthed ‘thank you’ to Lisa and gave her a quick smile then Jennie and I followed our managers.

 

~ ~ ~

 

As usual, when we arrived at the airport; cameras were flashing, fans screaming our names, and of course we gave out our best smiles to them. I am not particularly fond of airports as many have noticed it already; I don’t like crowded places. I think I got traumatized when I was a kid but I don’t remember where and how exactly it happened. I somehow got lost in the crowd and I was shouting ‘mom’ endlessly even after my mom and brother already found me. It was probably quite a sight for those people back then.

So that’s the background story of it. That’s why whenever we walk the wideness of an airport, I’ll automatically cling to any member close to me when I feel the anxiety and panic I get in crowded places; in most cases, I do. This time though, I’ve got to bear with it. How can I cling to Jennie at this time?

As if reading my mind, Jennie reached for my arm and clung onto me. I looked at her and she gave me a sweet smile in which I returned to her.

“I got you Chu, don’t worry.” I just smiled at her and felt a little worried. Well, I know for a fact that a certain someone will immediately pick her phone up and just search the magic word ‘jensoo’ and there it goes; updated photos of ‘the royal couple’ everyone is talking about. Then she will sulk again and rant about why the world is such a and such. I looked down and smile foolishly at the thought. Damn it, I miss her.

 

~ ~ ~

 

I stared at the hotel bed blankly; our bed to be exact. I forgot that our managers are used to us being so close to each other that they always give us one room and one bed to share.

“What are you gawking for?” Jennie interrupted.

“W-What? N-Nothing.”

“You don’t intend to sleep on the couch now do you?”

Well, that’s not actually a bad idea.

“What? Um… I need to go to the bathroom.” And I rushed there to cut the conversation.

 

I looked at myself in the mirror, asking how can I survive for two nights with Jennie. She won’t even try right? I mean, Jen is competitive but she doesn’t play dirty. The thought put me a little at ease and I hoped Lisa would understand the circumstances.

Oh wait.

Lisa!

I quickly reached for my phone and unlocked it. 12 messages and 3 missed calls. Crap.

I opened it;

Have a safe flight. Take care!

Hey, call me when you got there okay?

Chaeng and I are at the set already. I hope to hear from you soon.

Our photoshoot is over. We’re heading back.

Jisoo-ah, it’s about time you arrive at Haneda. Is everything okay?

Please answer my calls, I’m getting worried.

You’re not ignoring me are you?

Yah- Kim Jisoo.

Oh I already saw pictures of you and Jennie arriving at the airport, clinging to each other.

That’s what got you so busy huh?

Are you enjoying the hotel bed the two of you share?

Whatever Kim Jisoo.

 

I totally forgot. I was about to message her when we got in the van after arriving at Haneda but Manager onni quickly gave us a heads up to our schedule and I needed to listen, yes especially me. My mind kind of drifted outside after that; I watched the beautiful streets of Tokyo which I often do when we go here. Then the next thing I knew was Jennie waking me up and saying we’ve arrived at the hotel.

I hit the reply button and typed;

Lisa, I’m sorry. I instantly dozed off after Manager onni gave us instructions. We just arrived here at the hotel. Don’t be mad, please?

I already went out of the bathroom and started to fix my stuff. Where’s Jennie? My thoughts were distracted when my phone beeped and I immediately took it.

Lisa: Okay.

With that reply, I pressed the call button and waited like forever for her to answer.

“Hello?” She answered in a monotone voice.

“Hey, are you still mad?”

“I never said I was.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter