Chapter 14

In Your Arms
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Next time, don’t hesitate to tell me okay?”

 

What Chaeyoung said the other day keeps ringing in my head. I can’t have secrets with the girls anymore, I thought. It was a morning thought and I decided to be open about it with the others. I went out and at the right timing, Jennie was already at the kitchen counter, eating her breakfast.

 

“Jen! Yaho!” I greeted her with a salute.

She just looked at me with judgmental eyes. “What the hell was that?”

“And… good morning to me too.” I answered sarcastically.

“Oh, I’m sorry… I didn’t know the alien language for ‘good morning’” She said blankly and took a bite of her toast.

“What a cold woman.” I mumbled.

“At least I don’t bite”

“What?”

“…like Lisa.”

“Huh?” I tilted my head.

“You should cover that up young lady.” She said while pointing her toast towards my neck. I quickly button the upper part of my shirt upon realization.

“Yah-! I-It’s just an i-insect bite!”

“Exactly. Lisa.” Jennie burst out laughing at her own comment.

“Aish! How cruel...” I mumbled as I just watched her almost choking off from too much laughter.

“Yah-! Jen-…” I was cut off by another outburst. Seriously…she could pass as an evil psychopath.

 

“Jennie! I’ve got something to say!”

“W-What is it?” She asked while wiping her tears of joy.

“Well… I’ve been thinking, and I think we should tell the other girls about what Manager onni told us.”

“Hmm… okay, but how about Rosie? She still doesn’t know-…”

“She does.” I said as I casted my widest grin at her, hoping it’ll save me from her incoming wrath.

“How? Did you…” She put down her toast and I’ve never been so afraid. I just nodded but noticed that she was waiting for an explanation.

“Well… technically Lisa did.”

“What?!” She scowled and I just flinched.

“Okay wait! Just listen. Lisa and I agreed that we’ll tell Chaeng about us. I didn’t mean to tell her about you but Lisa and Chaeng demanded the whole story. So… I told her. I’m sorry Jen, I really-…”

“Nah, its fine.” Jennie waved away like she wasn’t mad seconds ago.

“What? B-But I thought-…”

“You were always unpredictably weird Jisoo, and with Lisa? Who knows what the two of you are thinking… and besides, I was just practicing my acting skills. Was I that good?” She said plainly like she wasn’t aware that I almost had a panic attack.

“Y-Yah-! Jennie Kim!”

This girl just kept laughing at me. Aish jinjja.

 

“Oh! That’s why!” Jennie suddenly said like she had figured out something important.

“Why what?”

“That’s why Rosie kept asking frequently how my day was, and she always helps me even in small things like guiding me whenever I’m taking the stairs. It’s funny how she over-reacts and always reminds me to be careful. Then I noticed she keeps glancing in my way then shyly turns away as if I didn’t caught her. She often compliments me too, more than the usual. I think… I think she sympathizes with me.” Jennie nods at the end of her statement, confirming the reason for Chaeyoung’s new behavior.

 

Jen… it doesn’t sound like sympathy though. I smirked in realization. Very smooth Park Chaeyoung, very smooth.

 

Jennie continued. “You know? Like… she understands how it feels like to be tossed away and fall into the slumps I call heartbreak, covered in all sorts of misery, and you-…”

“Yah-, Jennie Kim. Stop being so overly dramatic will you?”

“See?! Rosie will never say that to me!”

“Well maybe you lured her to your seductive trap and-…”

“And that’s my fault because? Yah-, I am the Jennie Kim.” She stated as she sip her milk with too much class that it makes me cringe. Just where does she get this kind of confidence? Aish jinjja… I give up.

 

I sighed. “Whatever Jen, so let’s tell them?”

“You tell them”

“Just me?!” I complained.

“Yes, just you.”

“Why?!”

“One, because you’re the onni… and two, because I said so.” She said as she finished the last bite of her toast.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter