Chapter 4

In Your Arms
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Few months ago…

 

“Come closer Jisoo.”

“What? Isn’t this close enough already?”

“Closer!” Lisa demanded.

She pulled me by the waist as she was getting a little impatient.

“Why do we need to be this close?” I asked, almost sounding like a whisper while I try to see and fix the position of my feet.

It was like we were in a hug; her left hand was on my waist, her right was supporting my left shoulder. She was teaching a part in our dance choreography that was a little difficult for me to get, so Lisa insisted to stay with me in the studio and help.

“I need you to feel me.”

My eyes widen.

“I need you to feel how I move on this part so you’ll get it easier.” She clarified as she was positioning my feet by moving it with hers.

Oh, my young heart. I released a small breath of relief.

“Okay, now twist you right foot a little then to be followed by your left to make the turn.”

I did exactly how I understood Lisa’s instructions as she slowly guided and moved with me.

“No Jisoo! Not like tha-…”

Next thing I knew was I was lying on the floor whilst feeling Lisa on top of me. My eyes were closed as I was afraid that the fall would be painful, but I felt securing hands at the back of my neck and waist. I can feel her warm breaths and I swear I can hear the loud thumps of my heart.

I slowly opened my eyes. It happened so fast, but when that moment came, it felt like time stopped for me to subtly grasp the tiny details of how exactly it felt, and how this girl looked like with the close proximity. I wasn’t sure if her eyes were closed or she was looking somewhere around my chin. I saw her blinked twice then finally, her eyes met mine. I remembered how those mesmerizing eyes stared at me, but I didn’t quite remember how long it lasted.

I remembered the feeling at the back of my neck as her fingers twitched a little. The awkwardness screamed louder as seconds pass by.

I gulped hard before I finally uttered a word.

“L-Lisa…” I said as I looked away from her.

Lisa blinked again in realization then moved swiftly to my side and helped me sit up by slowly lifting her hand that supported my neck while guiding me more by the waist.

“Are you okay onni? I’m sorry.”

“It’s fine Lisa. It was just an accident. Shall we call it a day?” I said. My mind is on a riot now and I want to clear all of it right away.

“Sure. We can continue tomorrow.” She smiled sweetly.

I gave an awkward chuckle. Lisa then stood and offered her hands to help me up. I accepted, then tapped the back of my shirt and pants.

We went straight back to our dorm and parted ways, going to our respective rooms.

 

And that was the fateful day that I have awoken from my oblivious self. The day that I realized that I was screwed, probably for the rest of my life. I was standing behind my closed door, staring intently at no-one-knows where.

I reached for my chest and pressed hard. Stop. Stop! I thought, hoping that my heart will hear my cries for it stop beating this fast.

 

~ ~ ~

 

Right now, to be honest, I’m still at my in-denial phase. I just need to spend more time with Jen, I thought. I can’t just screw this up.

 

It was another morning again and I’m the first one up. That’s a first. I ran towards Jennie’s room and smirked once I saw the sleepy head. I gently closed the door then snuggled beside her and made myself comfortable. She acknowledged my presence by turni

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter