Chapter-7

Why did I end up falling for you?

Jaejoong's POV

I opened my eyes from what seemed like very long hours of sleep. I rubbed my eyes as I tried to sit on my bed. My room was all dark. The lights were off and the glasses that faces the city in front of my bed were all covered with dark blinds. I had no idea if it was morning or night. 

I tried to get out of bed. But my head was hurting a lot. I guess I drank a lot again. I forced myself up and went to open the blinds while rubbing my temples hoping it would reduce the pain a bit. Once the blinds were opened, I was hit by the bright sunlight coming through the glasses. I strecthed my arms trying to feel more awake.

Then, I went to the kitchen to quench my sudden thirst. I opened the refrigerator, got a cold water bottle and drank the whole bottle like someone finding oasis in a hot desert finally satisfied. But my head was still hurting. It was throbbing like my brain would pop out. I sweared I was never gonna drink again. But I myself knew better than anyone else that I would continue drinking anyway. 

I took a glass of water and went to get a painkiller from my room. After eating the medicine, I was on my way to the living room to just relax and watch TV. But I heard some sounds coming from my PC room. 

I went to check out and as expected, Taeyong was there playing games. He was too focused on the game he didn't even see me. 

"When did you come?" I asked him as I walked towards him.

He didn't move an inch and his eyes were still focused on the game as he said just one word, "Yesterday."

"So how was the party yesterday?" I asked him.

This time he didn't even reply and continued playing the game. 

"My dear brother, can't you see I'm trying to have a conversation here?" I asked him while pinching his cheeks.

"Damn it! I lost because of you!" He shouted annoyed.

He sat there pouting just cause he lost his game. I couldn't help but smile. No matter what he was still my cute little brother.

"Cmon, let me cook you something." I told him while playfully messing his hair.

He followed me to the kitchen. Food is always the answer to make him feel better. He sat on the dining table waiting while I cooked.

"When did you come yesterday? I don't recall seeing you." I asked him since I don't remember much about yesterday cause of the alcohol.

"I came in the evening after the party with mom and dad. You were already sleeping and you reeked of alcohol smell." He said while scrunching his nose as to say it smelled really bad. "How did you even get drunk so early?"

"I bet mom and dad were pretty furious." I told him as I put the food that I cooked on the dining table. 

"Very much." He replied while starting to eat the food in front of him.

I sat down in front of him and joined him eating. 

"How long have you been starving?" I asked him while looking at him stuffing himself with the food in front of him like he hasn't eaten for days.

"I haven't had anything since yesterday evening." He said with his mouth still full.

"Why...you should have woke me up...I could have cooked something for you." I told him feeling bad that he had been starving for so long.

"Like I didn't try." He said as he stuffed his mouth with more food. "You didn't move even an inch. I thought you were gonna sleep for another day. Thank God you finally woke up before the day ended." He choked on his food while talking.

"Slow down." I told him as I poured a glass of water and passed it to him.

"Oh...I forgot to tell...I saw Soojung noona yesterday." He said after drinking the water.

Hearing the name made me stop eating. I haven't seen her since that day. I wanted to see her again but never got the courage to really go see her.

"Really? I thought that wasn't her kind of thing." I said remembering how she always hated anything related to business and going to such parties.

"Oh she came there to just play the piano. She said she wouldn't have come if it wasn't for that." 

I smiled as I remembered those days with her. It was short but had a huge impact on my life. Ever since the day we ended our fake relationship, I was back to how my life was before I met her and honestly it wasn't a good one. 

I realised that I was already in love with her when I finally let go. I wanted to hold on to her but I felt like I wasn't good enough for her. She was a pure innocent girl longing for true love but I was a player. I changed after I met her. She was the only one I wanted. 

I thought of approaching her again maybe just as a friend. But I always ended up turning back. I guess I didn't have enough courage. So all I did was drink and party everyday in an attempt to forget her. But every once in a while, she always came back to my mind.

"Hyung...Hyung!" 

I didn't realise Taeyong calling me while I drifted deep into my own thoughts. 

"You're thinking about her again." He said when I finally regained my consciousness.

I just sighed and looked at my unfinished bowl of food in front of me.

"Why don't you just go approach her? It's not like she hates you. She even asked me how you were." Taeyong said trying to make me feel better.

I smiled hearing that. Somehow that made me felt a bit better thinking that maybe she thought of me too even if not like how I think of her.

"I guess you really love her, Hyung. This is the first time you're hesitant to really approach a girl. You never had problems with other girls." Taeyong pointed out.

"Yes...I guess I really love her." I said as I let out a deep sigh.

Krystal's POV.

I was hoping of having a day off from everything today. I just wanted to stay home and just lie down on bed doing nothing. But it wasn't going as planned cause my mom invited Changmin oppa and his parents for lunch today.

She somehow got so close with their family yesterday and today she was already inviting them. I was fine with it. I was happy to have Changmin oppa come but today all I wanted to do was lie down and just relax and it just wasn't going as planned.

Jessica already came and was with mom and me waiting for the guests in the living room while her husband was with dad in dad's library. 

After a few minutes, Changmin oppa and his parents came. Mom and dad were busy welcoming them. Changmin oppa brought a basket of fruits and bouquet of my mom's favorite flowers. How did he even know that was my mom's favorite? Maybe it was just a coincidence.

"Oh my! You didn't have to bring anything." My mom said as she happily received the gifts.

We were already in the dining room having a feast that our cook prepared since early morning.

"Everything taste so good, Mrs. Jung." Changmin oppa said.

"I'm glad you like it. Eat more." My mon told him to which he nodded with a smile.

"Soojung, do you have any performances coming up?" Changmin's mom suddenly ask making me choke on my food. 

"No...I don't have any for now." I told her after I drank a glass of water.

"I was hoping to see your performance. I was very impressed yesterday." She said.

"I'll let you know when I have one." I told her with a smile.

I was back to having a peaceful meal as the others talked among themselves but it didn't last long.

"I heard a rumour not long ago that you were dating Kim Jaejoong." Changmin's mom suddenly said.

Everyone went quiet and stopped eating. It was suddenly getting so awkward.

"Mom!" Changmin oppa hissed as to tell his mom to not bring it up.

"Oh...well...it was nothing serious." My mom finally said. "They're not together anymore."

"I see..." Changmin's mom uttered as she nodded and everyone went back to eating again.

When we were finally done eating, the elders were sitting in the living room eating fruits and talking. I was in my room with Changmin oppa. My mom somehow forced me to show him my room like we were some kids. i just didn't understand her sometimes.

"I wasn't expecting to bring you here so it's a bit messy." I told Changmin oppa as I used my blanket to cover the clothes that I just threw on my bed aftet changing. 

"I think it's pretty clean." He said with a smile.

"Really?" 

He just nodded with a smile and went towards my bookcase where I kept all my novels.

"You still read a lot?" He asked while he continued looking through the books.

"Yeah...I try to." I told him.

"Look...I'm sorry about my mom today. She really shouldn't have brought that up." He said seriously as he turned around to face me.

"No...it's fine. It's all in the past anyway." I told him with a smile.

He smiled back too and came so close to me and he took the piece of hair that fell on my face and tucked it behind my ear.

That made my heart beat faster. Changmin oppa was my secret crush back when I was in the university. I was crazy about him. But after I left LA and lost contact with him for so long, I thought I was finally over him. Up till now, I was thinking that it was just a passing crush that everyone had when they were younger. But what was I feeling again? Why was my heart beating so fast? Did I still like him?

"You've grown a lot." He said with a smile. I was almost drowning in his smile. I haven't been feeling this way for so long. But now, it was like everything was coming back again.

"We're not that much apart in age." I told him trying to think straight and not drown in whatever I was feeling.

"I know...I just mean we're getting older." He said with a little laugh.

He opened my room door and was heading down to where everyone else were while I was left standing in the same spot.

I was confused about what I was feeling. I had been thinking of Changmin oppa as just a friend since I met him again but now it seemed like that was going to change. It was like I was going back to the university days again.

"Hey! Aren't you coming?" Changmin oppa shouted waking me up from my own thoughts.

"I'm coming." I told him as I followed him to where everyone else were.