Chapter-25

Why did I end up falling for you?

Krystal's POV 

I got back home exhausted from the long hours of flight and couldn't wait to just have a nice deep sleep in my own bed only to find my mom sitting in the living room with a serious face.

I walked up to her cautiously and said in a low voice, "Mom, I'm home."

She let out a deep sigh and glared at me without a word.

"Mom what's wrong?" I asked her worried.

"You're asking me what's wrong after all that you did?" She finally spoke.

"What do you mean?" I asked her unable to understand.

"How could you do that when everyone has been talking about your marriage?" She said angrily. 

"Mom...what are you talking about? What marriage?" 

"What marriage? Are you trying to ruin our image? How am I supposed to face Changmin's mother now?" She said in despair.

Then I finally realised it was about me breaking up with Changmin. Of course it would come quite as a shock to my mom when she was already planning about the wedding without me. 

"Do you know how I felt when Changmin's mom called to tell me you broke up with him? And what? You got a new boyfriend already?" She went on letting out her frustration. "How am I to face them now? You broke up with him and on top of that you went and got yourself a new guy right after." 

"I can't believe he told all that to his mom." I mumbled to myself.

"I can't believe I gave birth to you." She said as she shook her head.

"Mom...I'm sorry but i can't get married to the guy I don't love. Please try to understand." I told her calmly.

"You were already in love with him. So what's the problem?" She pointed out.

"I was but not anymore mom...."

"Who is this new guy you're dating now? What has he done to you? How can you not like a guy you've been dating for so long in an instant?" 

"Mom...please can't you just let my marriage upto me?" I begged her. " Please...stop getting invloved."

"You think I'm getting involved cause I want to? I'm doing this all for you." 

"Stop!" I finally lost it and raised my voice. "Stop giving the excuse that it's for me...mom...I know everything...you think of marriage as business. Stop using your daughter to get contracts or partnership or shares or whatever it is..." 

"How can you raise your voice to your mom?" She said in disbelief beating her chest in frustration.

"What's going on?" Jessica ran in interrupting us.

"Mom are you okay?" She asked as she ran into my mom.

"Get that girl out of my sight." My mom told Jessica with her hands signalling me to go.

I scoffed at how much dramatic my mom could be and got out of the house.

Jessica's POV

After Soojung left, I made my mom calm down and gave her some cold water to drink.

She gulped down the glass of water and let out a sigh as she beat her chest from frustrstion.

"Mom...why don't you let Soojung do what she wants?" I told her cautiously after she was calm enough.

"Not you too." She said as she shook her head.

"Mom...at least one of us should marry the person we want to right? I married the person mom wants me to so isn't that enough?" 

"Are you saying you didn't want to marry Yoochun then?" She questioned me as she looked at me.

"Noo...mom...I love him you know that." I told her with a little laugh.

"Do you know who's the new guy?" My mom asked me.

"I do have someone in my mind. But I'm not sure." I told her.

"Who is it?" She asked me.

"Mom...I'll let you know when I know for sure alright?" 

She just nodded her head.

Krystal's POV

I ended up going to a cafe near my house since I didn't bring my car keys and couldn't get anywhere far. 

I was supposed to have a nice sleep but look at what happened. I'm drinking coffee alone in a cafe looking at people either busy with their work or on date. I sighed and took out my phone to see if there was any missed calls or texts. But none. 

"I knew you'd be here." 

Jessica came towards me and sat on the chair across me.

"Spill it out now." She said as she leaned on the table.

"What?" I asked her taking a sip of my coffee.

"It's Jaejoong right?" She asked out of nowhere.

"Oh my god! Look at you blushing! It's really him, right?" She said her eyes sparkling from excitement.

"Why are you getting excited?" I asked her confused.

"Huh? Oh...it's just you know...I've been rooting for you guys all these time so..." She said with her cheeky smile.

"You know you're weird."

"Yeah I get that a lot." She said proudly as she flipped her.

I stared at her in disbelief and she let out a laugh at her own actions and we both ended up laughing.

I was feeling all better after hanging out with Jessica when I got back home. Thankfully, my mom was in her room and I snuck into my room trying not to get caught and get into a fight again. 

Jaejoong's POV

"I'm leaving for Korea. Hope to see you again soon..."

I got back home and saw Soojung's text much later. I felt bad that she had to leave likt that. I was busy with work and wasn't able to finish until later. I decided to give her a call as soon as I saw the text.

I was about to hang up when she didn't pick up for so long until I heard her voice from the other line.

"Hello?" She answered in a sleepy voice.

"Did I wake you?" I asked her.

"Huh?" She said confused. "Jaejoong?"

"I'm sorry I didn't think about the time difference. You must be tired from the flight too." I told her feeling bad that i woke her from her sleep.

"Oh noo...it's fine. I was not able to sleep anyway." She said and I smiled at her lie. I knew she was already sleeping when I called. 

"What's keeping you from sleeping then?" I asked her.

"Oh...um...you know...things..." She stuttered as she tried to find things to say.

"You should go back to sleep." I told her with a laugh.

"Well...I'm fully awake now." She said.

"I'm sorry I couldn't see you off." I told her. 

"No...it's fine. You don't need to apologize. You were busy and I understand." She said.

"When did our Soojungie get so mature?" I even though I was thankful that she understood.

"Well...don't let me start about how immature you were too." She said and we both let out a laugh.

"I'll make it upto you soon." I told her.

"Don't say that...now you're making me feel bad." 

"Where are you going for your next concert?" I asked her.

"It's in Japan." 

"Hmm...Japan...that's good." I said with a smile.

"Why?" 

"You don't need to know."