Chapter-23

Why did I end up falling for you?

Jaejoong's POV

I got out from my apartment to search for Boa. I felt bad that she had to find out that way. I wanted to at least tell her myself but things didn't really work out that way. I searched around the nearby places but there were no traces of her. 

I almost gave up and walked towards my apartment when I got reminded of the place that she often goes to. I grabbed a taxi and rode there.

I went inside the bar that she frequents. I didn't even have to look around. She was in the same place that she always sat at. She was sitting there alone with a beer glass.

"Boa." I went towards her.

"What are you doing here?" She said as she looked up from her phone that she was busy with. 

"I need to clear things up." I told her.

"Really? But I think I kinda got everything I need to know." She said with a smirk.

"What do you mean?"

"Oh c'mon Jaejoong...your eyes told me everything...from the moment you saw her this afternoon, the way you looked at her is enough to tell me what was going on." She said calmly taking a sip of the beer.

"I'm sorry." I told her although I was a bit taken aback at her reaction.

"She's that girl, isn't she?" She asked me like she knew something.

"Hmm?" I said confused.

"The girl that you couldn't forget...and somehow in some way used me to get over her." She said as she looked away from me.

"No..Boa..that's not..." I tried to deny it.

"No...Jaejoong...you don't need to explain anything." She said stopping me from speaking further.

"So...I've been thinking...and I've finally decided to just let you go. How can I even compete with a girl that you always had in your heart for years? So...as a goodbye...let me buy you a drink." She said with a smile and got the waiter to get me a beer too.

"I don't have anything to say." I told her with a sigh.

"Hey...don't feel so bad...can't you see I'm already over you? You're not that great of a guy for me to feel that sad." She said jokingly. 

"I guess you're right." I told her with a little laugh.

It was late when I got home. I went in tired and ready to sleep. Then I saw Soojung sleeping on the couch. I completely forgot that she was waiting. 

"She should have just gone back. I can't believe she fell asleep waiting." I thought to myself as I carried her into my room so that she can sleep comfortably on the bed.

I tugged her into bed and sat next to her looking at her sleep. I smiled to myself thinking it was really happening. The girl I kept in my heart for years loves me too.

I switched off the lights as I got out from my room and lied down on the couch to sleep. But I couldn't fall sleep afraid that all this could just be a dream when I wake up tomorrow.

Krystal's POV

I opened my eyes to an unfamiliar surrounding. I looked around trying to remember. Then, it finally hit me.

"Right...I caused quite a scene yesterday." I told myself as I let out a sigh.

I got off from the bed and peek from the partly opened door. I was kinda embarrassed to face Jaejoong after everything that happened. 

"Are you up?" Jaejoong suddenly opened the door and hit my forehead and I fell on my .

"Ouch!" I let out a cry while rubbing my forehead.

"Oh...I'm sorry...does it hurt a lot?" He asked rushing towards me.

He tucked my hair away from my face and looked at my forehead. His face was so near me and I could feel his breath. I got nervous for whatever reason and held my breath.

"I'll get you some ice to put on it." He said as he got up and left.

I finally let out my breath and put my hand on my chest trying to slow down my heart racing. 

"Calm down, Soojung. Calm down." I told myself while taking deep breaths.

"Put this on." Jaejoong said as he gave me an icebag. "I'm making breakfast now...so wash up after some time so we can eat." 

I just nodded as he left the room.

"I feel like a fool." I told myself as I threw myself on the bed and kept the ice bag on my forehead.

After washing up, I went to the kitchen and I was welcomed by a nicely prepared breakfast on the table. 

I started eating and I could feel Jaejoong's eyes staring at me. I tried to ignore and just eat but couldn't any longer.

"Why are you staring at me?" I asked him.

"Is it good?" He asked.

"Hmm?...oh yeah...it's good...sorry...i was too hungry...i didn't have dinner yesterday too." I told him.

"I'm sorry...I should've come earlier." He said.

"So...how are things with your girlfriend?" I asked him cautiously as I keep stirring my soup with the spoon.

"We broke up and she was fine with everything. She told me she understands." He told me.

"Really?" I asked him kinda surprised that she took everything so calmly.

"I guess she didn't like me enough to make a scene." He said as a joke.

"Right." I told him with a smile.

After breakfast, we did the dishes together and was just sitting on the couch.

"Aren't you going to work?" I asked him.

"I can at least take a day off on a day like this, right?" He said with a smile as he took my hands in his.

"I should have come to you sooner." I told him half jokingly.

"Right...what have you been doing to take this long?" He said with a laugh.

"This is just nice...I wish time can just stop." I told him as I leaned my head on his chest and he cuddled me.

We just stayed like that not saying anything and just taking in the moment. Just feeling our heart beating in the same rhythm.

While we were enjoying the moment, we got disturbed by my ringtone. I  got up to check and it was my manager.

"Oh damn!" I said when I realised i left without telling my manager anything.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Are you in your right mind right now?" He shouted on the phone.

"Oppa I'm sorry I didn't tell you....but it was something urgent..." I talked in a whisper tone cause i was a bit embarrased that Jaejoong might hear. 

I went to another room so I can talk properly. 

"Do you know how worried everyone was? How can you just run off like that?" He said annoyed. "You didn't even answered my calls yesterday."

"I'm sorry." I told him. I didn't even have any excuse to tell him.

"If it wasn't for Changmin, you'd have been put on a missing person list." He said.

"Ayy...i don't think it was that bad..." I told him with a little laugh.

"Just get back here now." He said not listening.

"Okay sir " I told him as i hung up the call.

"You got an earful from your manager, right?" Jaejoong asked me when I came out.

"Yeah." I told him with a sigh. "I have to go back now." 

"So why did you have to rush everything yesterday night?" He said as he got up and pat on my head. "Come let me drive you to your hotel."