Chapter-3

Why did I end up falling for you?

The next morning I decided to get out and hang out with my friends to clear my mind and just relax. 

I picked up my four friends, Victoria, Sulli, Luna and Amber from their houses and we decided to just go anywhere we thought of at the moment without making any plans ahead.

Victoria was a Chinese transfer student in my high school. She was my senior but being in the same music club we became really close.

Sulli has been my friend since I was in elementary. We were always together until we finished high school and I went to the States for further studies.

I met Luna in high school. We were in the same class and also in the same club. She's a very good singer.

Amber...I met her in the States. We were in the same university and also same department. She came to Korea not long ago and has pretty much settled here now. 

With music blasting off and us singing along, we were having the time of our lives.

First we went to a street market and and tasted almost all street food. Then, we decided to go to a karaoke where we sang and danced without any care. Then, Amber suggested we go to an amusement park and we did.

Amber wasn't scared to try out all the scary rides. I was scared but she draggged me along to almost all of it. Sulli, Vic and Luna went for easy rides instead.

It was already evening when we left the amusement park and we decided to go to a coffee shop as the last stop.

We were busy talking and laughing although almost everything we were talking about were only useless stuffs. This is how we were always whenever we meet up. We end up talking about the most randomest thing.

"Hey Soojung, isn't that your phone vibrating?"

Sulli said as she looked at my phone on the table vibrating.

I checked to see who was calling and I couldn't believe my eyes! It was Kim Jaejoong! I rejected the call immediately and joined my friends talking.

But the phone vibrated again and I rejected it once again. All of them were looking at me with questioning eyes.

"It's nothing important."

The phone vibrated again for the third time and that was it! I switched off my phone and put it inside my bag.

"Who is it?" Victoria asked and everyone looked at me with curious eyes waiting to hear my answer.

I sighed and told them about Jaejoong. How we met and how he's planning on lying to our parents just so we can escape from the endless dates.

"Well I think it's fine. I mean you won't have to go to those dates anymore. You hated it so much." 

Everyone was agreeing with Sulli. But I just didn't like the idea of having to meet him again. 

"So this is where you were."

We were back to our useless talks when we heard a guy's voice and when I turned I was shocked to see Jaejoong standing right behind me. Today he looked a bit different in just a shirt and jeans without his suits 
and his front hair was down unlike the other days. But he was still handsome.

"Did you stalk me?"

All my friends had confused faces seeing someone as handsome as Jaejoong. They were eagerly waiting to be introduced when Jaejoong went ahead and did it so himself. He even got a chair and placed it just next to mine. My friends were giving me the look asking if he was the one I was talking about. I just nodded.

"Why didn't you answer your phone?"

Jaejoong was already sitting with us on the table and got himself comfortable.

"Can't you see I'm busy?" 

All my friends didn't even bother to talk anymore. They were more focused on us.

"Hyung!"

A guy's voice was heard which made Jaejoong turn and I did the same too. There was a guy standing behind Jaejoong and they looked so much alike. Anyone could tell they were siblings. 

"Look, Taeyong, can you just go wait outside? I'm a bit busy here."

Jaejoong told the other guy and instead of doing as he was told he was just staring at all of us.

"HI! I'm Jaejoong's brother, Taeyong! So which one is my brother's girlfriend?"

All my friends pointed their fingers at me. I saw Jaejoong chuckle when they did that. I was so gonna kill them all.

"Soojung, we'll see you later ok?"

All of them got up and left in a hurry before I could stop them. 

"So you were the one ignoring my brother's call?" Taeyong was asking me and I just gave a death glare to Jaejoong instead.

He forced his brother outside and gave him his car's key so that he can wait inside the car. 

"Sorry about my brother."

"So why did you call me when you should be hanging out with your brother?"

"Maybe I miss you?"

I just got up and came outside not wanting to talk anymore.

"My car!"

I turned to Jaejoong's voice and he was furiously dialling on his phone.

"Kim Taeyong! Bring back the car right now! Do you want me to tell mom?
Hey...DON'T YOU DARE HANG UP ON ME!!"

He was literally shouting on the phone. It was actually funny seeing someone always as composed as Jaejoong break out like this. I couldn't help but gave out a little laugh.

"Want a lift?" 

"No...I'll wait...he'll be back."

"By looking at the situation right now, I don't think he'll come back any sooner."

He finally gave in and got inside my car. 

The whole ride to his house was rather quiet, something quite unexpected of him since he always used to get on my nerve any chance he got. We reached his house, he invited me inside.

"Why don't you come inside?"

"I'd rather not."

"Why don't I serve you tea? As a thank you maybe?"

I ended up giving in and was already inside his house. The place was bright with all the glasses although the interior didn't have much colors and was almost monochromatic. There were so many arts hanging on the wall and what got my attention was the piano he had in the living room.

"Do you play?" I asked him pointing to the piano.

"A bit."

He led me to the couch and made me sit there while he went in the kitchen to make tea. 

"We're meeting often now." 

I was still looking around the house when Taeyong came out from one of the rooms and startled me.

"Oh! Hi!" I greeted him with an awkward smile.

"Hyung! I'm leaving now!" He said as he went towards the door.

Jaejoong came out from the kitchen following his brother to the door. He was smiling so sweetly and playfully messed up his brother's hair while sending him off.

Just a few hours ago, I thought he was gonna break Taeyong's bones for taking his car but now it's like it never happened. He didn't even mention it to him.

He came back and brought the tea he made. I took a sip of it and I wasn't expecting anything from him but it tasted good and had a very good smell too. 

"So you live here alone?"

"Yeah, but Taeyong also comes and stays once in a while."

"Why not stay here with him them?"

"That's not convenient to me. Sometimes I bring girls here and with him here, I can't do anything right?" He was saying with a very cheesy smile making me roll my eyes.

He then let out a little laugh.

"You saw how he is right? He's a handful! He's cute but I'd go crazy worrying about him everytime if I stayed with him. So I just let him stay with my parents."

"Why don't you stay with your parents?"

"That's a long story. Why don't you tell me about yourself now?"

"I think you already know everything there is to know."

"Really?"

He looked at me raising his eyebrows and I just gave him a shrug.

"Why do you choose Krystal as your stage name? Why not just use your real name?"

Of all the questions he could have asked, I don't know why he even chose this.

"Isn't it obvious? People will have a hard time pronouncing my name in other countries and besides Krystal has the same meaning as Soojung." 

He just nodded his head as he listened. I got up to leave when he grabbed me by my wrist.

"You still think my idea is bad?" 

I had been thinking this for a while now. There's no harm in doing this anyway but how long could we go? I mean someone's gonna find out anyway sooner or later.

"For how long do you think we can go on with the lie?" 

"Until we find someone whom we want to be with?" He said without any care.

"Sure...why not! Let's do it!"

I decided to go along with his idea. I mean what could go wrong? It won't even last that long with him flirting around with tons of girls and falling for any one of them. And in the mean time, I'd get to have some break from the endless dates.