Chapter-4

Why did I end up falling for you?

I had to take the early morning flight to Japan today for my concert there the next day. I went to the airport with half opened eyes. I put on a mask and a snapback to hide my face from all the paparazzis and reporters who practically camped out in front of the airport.

They started working as soon as I arrived. My eyes were blinded from the flashes. I bowed down my head as I went hurriedly inside the airport with my staffs.

No one actually cared to take pictures of a pianist at an airport when the world is crazy with Kpop. At least that's what I thought. Until I was offered to model for a famous designer in one of his shows which was also a request from Amber and of course I couldn't refuse it. 

Since that day the media has been covering me in their news and has also been keeping an eye on me when they also found out who my dad was. It wasn't crazy to the level of Kpop idols but it was still disturbing in most cases. I don't know how these idols survived.

As soon as I arrived in Japan, I went to my hotel. After washing up and getting something to eat, I was on my way to the concert hall. I had no time to waste. I went straight into practice as soon as I reached there.

I was exhausted after almost 10 hours of practice. I headed back to the hotel on a taxi. 

When I reached the hotel, I went to the reception to take my key.

"Miss, you have a guest. He said he'll be waiting for you at the lounge." 

The guy said with a smile as he gave me the key. 

I went to the lounge to meet whoever it was. I was looking around and almost gave up and was about to just head back to my room when I saw someone familiar.

"Changmin?" I approached the guy who was sitting on a chair, sipping coffee while enjoying the night view through the glass. 

"KRYSTAL?" 

He looked as shocked as I was when he turned around and saw me. We shared a friendly hug and sat down together and excitedly talked about how we have been.

Changmin was my senior in the university in US. He helped me out a lot when I first went there. We haven't seen each other since the day I finished my uni and came back to Korea. 

"How did you know I was here?" I asked him still couldn't believe that he came here to see me.

"What do you mean? I came here for my art exhibition and I stay in this hotel and you're the one who found me." 

That's when I realised he wasn't the guest I was looking for. If not him, then, who could it be?

"Krystal? You still there?"

He was waving his hands in front of my eyes as I got lost in my thoughts.

"Changmin, let's meet up later. I need to go now. I have a concert tomorrow."

We said our goodbyes and when I reached my room, I just plunged into the bed and went to sleep.

.....

I had a nice long sleep and woke up to the sun shining through the window. I went to shower, got dressed and decided to have breakfast outside just so I can get some fresh morning air too before the concert.

"I see you had a good night yesterday." 

I was about to grab a taxi when I heard a familiar voice very close to my ear. I turned around to see Jaejoong standing so close to me. I backed away a bit to keep a distance.

"Why are you here?"

"You think I'd let my girl just wander around alone in this big city?" 

He said as he put his one arm across my shoulder which I shrugged it off.

"I'm not even your real girlfriend." 

He ended up coming with me to breakfast. Well, it's not that bad instead of eating alone. 

"I saw you having fun with a guy last night."

I almost choked on my food. How did he know about that?

"Are you a stalker?"

"I was waiting for you at the lounge but you were busy happily chatting away with some guy."

"So you were the one who came to meet me?"

"Who else would it be?"

"How is it that you're never busy?" 

I asked him curious at how he always managed to show up everywhere when he should be busy running his company.

"I guess you still don't know but my dad still controls the company and while he does that I get to enjoy a little bit more." 

After we finished our breakfast we got a taxi and was on our way to the hotel.

"He calls you Krystal huh?"

I looked at him questioningly and realised he was talking about Changmin.

"Yeah, I used that name when I was in the US too."

"He looks obviously Korean but he can't pronounce your name?"

"Are you being jealous right now? You're kinda ditching him for no proper reason."

"You're not even my real girlfriend." 

He said in a whisper tone close to my ear making my whole body tingle. He smirked looking at me trying to keep a straight face before backing away.

....

I was off to the concert hall for the final rehearsal with my staffs. Jaejoong insisted on tagging along and I had no choice but to bring him. Sometimes he could be so childish...actually most of the times.

I was totally occupied from the moment the rehearsal started till the concert ended. When I was done with it, I felt like I could finally breathe again. 

"You wanna go on a date?" 

Jaejoong asked as he stood close to me while I was packing my things in the waiting room. He was following me everywhere.

"I'm too tired." I told him as I contiued to search for anything I might have forgotten to pack.

"C'mon! But we're going back tomorrow."

I continued to ignore him. He remained silent for a while which made me think he gave up already.

"Anyone up for a free lunch?"

But of course who was I kidding. He was already getting the staffs excited with free lunch. They were begging me to come with them too. And I couldn't refuse them when they had been working so hard for me all these days. Jaejoong really used his head on this one.

We all were on our way out. Then I saw Changmin standing at the door holding a bouquet.

"That was a really good performance." 

He said as he handed me the bouquet he brought.

"Thank you." 

I received it with a smile.

"Hi! I'm Jaejoong."

Jaejoong suddenly came between us holding out his hand to Changmin for a shake.

"I'm Changmin."

Changmin was giving me the look asking who he was. 

But before I could say anything, Jaejoong put his arms over my shoulder pulling me closer to him.

"I'm her boyfriend."

He blurted out making me push him away.

"He's...just a friend." 

I corrected before he misunderstood.

He just smiled but of course he didn't look amused.

It was getting so awkward and somehow I ended up inviting Changmin to the lunch too.

....

At lunch, Jaejoong was sitting beside me and Changmin in front of me. I don't know what was up with them but they were literally having a staring contest. 

Jaejoong put the meat and some veggies on my bowl.

"Eat up!" He was saying with that cheeky smile. 

"You don't have to do this." I whispered to him.

But even Changmin was starting to pass me the food. I just thanked him awkwardly.

"I think I have to." Jaejoong whsipered back.

Then, they were passing everything to my bowl. I just stared at them and gave up eating. My bowl was already full with veggies and meat. Thank God! Everyone else was too busy eating to even look my way else there would have been too many rumours the next day.

When everyone was finally done eating, Jaejoong insisted on paying when I offered to pay saying it was his idea to have this lunch anyway.

Everyone left one by one thanking Jaejoong for the lunch and congratulating me once again for the successful concert.

Changmin, Jaejoong and me were left alone. It was getting awkward. All three of us were staying in the same hotel. So do we go back together? But I can't bear to stay a minute with the two of them. 

"So, you're going back to the hotel, right?" Changmin asked me.

"We're actually going on a date now." Jaejoong said as he held my hand before I could answer Changmin.

Changmin looked as confused as I was and I gave Jaejoong the look asking what this was. But he just ignored me and was just staring at Changmin and when I looked at Changmin, he was doing the same. It was like their eyes would fire up if they stared any longer. 

"Changmin oppa, you should go back. You must be tired." I said and his eyes finally relaxed and shifted from Jaejoong to me.

"Ok, let's meet up again." He told me as he gave me a hug.

"Thanks again for coming." I said as he went into a taxi and finally took off.

"Should we start the date now?" Jaejoong asked as soon as Changmin left.

"Are you crazy? Why would I go on a date with you?" I told him and walked away. 

"Then, why didn't you go back to the hotel with your Changmin oppa?" He said sarcastically as he followed me behind.

I decided to just ignore and not answer him back. So, I took out my headphone and played some songs from my playlist. 

But Jaejoong came along and took off the headphone from one of my ear and put it in his. I let out a sigh and just ignored him instead of saying anything and surprisingly he didn't say anything too. We were walking together matching our steps along the street filled with cherry blossoms with the cool evening breeze without saying a word and just enjoying the music.

We ended up taking the same taxi back to the hotel and the ride back to the hotel was also filled with silence only. It was suprising. I mean it's Kim Jaejoong, the cheeky talkative guy. How can he be so quiet now?

When we finally got out of the taxi in front of the hotel, Jaejoong called me when I was about to get in.

"SOOJUNG."

"Yeah?" I answered as I turned around facing him. 

He was taking his steps towards me and leaned his face towards mine. His eyes were set on my face and I tried to back away but his hands were already on my shoulders with a firm grip. 

"I had a really fun date today." He whispered close to my ears and gave a kiss on my forehead.

I was too shocked to even say anything. I didn't know what to say or how to react. I didn't even know what was going on. And while I was in this confusing state, he just looked at me one last time with a smile and walked away leaving me alone lost in my own thought.