Chapter-27

Why did I end up falling for you?

Krystal's POV

Jaejoong had dinner with my family and thankfully, he managed to impress everyone. Even my dad was already fond of him and my mom was finally letting go of Changmin. It felt like it was my mom breaking up with Changmin and not me.

Jaejoong went back to the States early in the morning the next day while I stayed back in Japan for a day with my family and finally came back. 

I hadn't talked to Jaejoong since he left. He was probably busy and I didn't want to disturb him since he came all the way to Japan even when he was already busy. I just texted him to ask if he reached safely but there hasn't been a reply. He hadn't even read the message.

I was fine for a day thinking he must be busy but seeing how there still wasn't any reply even after a day when I reached home, I got worried and called him but I couldn't reach him.

I tried calling him an hour later but I still couldn't reach him. I got even more worried and tried calling him every minute. When i still couldn't reach him, I got too worried to sit still. I got up, grabbed my coat and went out. I didn't exactly know where i was heading but I just couldn't sit still anymore. It was not like i can just go and check on him too. 

As I kept on walking with no destination telling myself everything would be fine, I ended up in a park. It was getting late and the park was almost empty except for a few people taking a walk. I went to sit on a bench and prayed to let him pick up the call as I dialled his number again.

As I listened to the ringing sound on the phone, I kept praying to let him pick it up. 

"Please..please...pick it up!" I mumbled to myself as I wait.

I lost all hope again until I heard a voice coming through the phone.

"Jaejoong?" I said like an instinct. "Why didn't you pick up your phone?"

"Uh...noona...it's me Taeyong." Said the voice on the line.

"Taeyong?" I said a bit confused. "Um...where's your hyung? Is he very busy?"

"You see...hyung..." He stopped midway. 

I could sense something was wrong in his voice making me worry all over again.

"Taeyong...is something wrong? What happened to Jaejoong? I haven't been able to get in touch with him."

"Hyung...he got into an accident." He said and I could hear him sniff cause of crying.

"What are you talking about, Taeyong? What do you mean an accident?" I asked him unable to take in what I was hearing.

"He got into an accident on his way back to his apartment from the airport. They performed a surgery yesterday but...he hurt his head so bad, he's still not waking up and..." He tried to take his breath from crying as he told me. "There's not much chance..." 

I was speechless and my legs felt weak as I got up trying to walk and fell down. I was not even able to cry cause it was too much of a shock to me. He was fine...he was all fine when he left. How can this be? 

I just sat there not moving still in a daze. I thought maybe all this was a dream but it hurt too much to be just a dream. 

"I shouldn't be here right now...I should go stay with him." I told myself and finally got myself to get up and rushed home.

"Where have you been all these time?" Jessica asked as I entered but I ignored her and ran upto my room.

"Hey...where are you going again?" Jessica grabbed me by my hand when i was about to head out.

"Let me go." I told her.

"What's going on? Is that your passport? Where are you trying to go like that?" 

"What happened?" My mom and dad came out from their room and asked.

"Where are you going without telling us?" My dad asked when he finally saw the passport in my hand.

"I need to go see Jaejoong..." I told them fighting back my tears.

"I know you guys are in love but this is not right..." My mom started.

"He got into an accident..." I told them and hearing the words come out from my own mouth finally hit me and I finally broke down.

"He's in a serious condition and I need to go now..." The tears that I tried hard fighting back broke out like a broken dam.

"I'll come with you." Jessica said as she took me into her embrace and I cried even more.

With my parents' permission, I finally got on the plane with Jessica. During the whole journey, I prayed to God to not take him away from me. I need him more than anyone else right now. I told myself I needed to be strong and fought back my tears.

When we finally reached, I rushed straight to the hospital. I went to the room where he was staying and saw Taeyong standing outside the door with his head down.

"Taeyong!"

He looked at me with his eyes swollen and filled with sadness.

"Go in...he's inside." He said as he oepend the door for me.

I went in scared of what I was gonna see. Jaejoong lied there motionless. His head was all bandaged and he had all these equipments attached to him. I couldn't believe how he was fine just a few days ago and now he can't survive without all these. 

I went and sat next to him. Tears trickle down as I look at him lying there like that.

"Why are you here like this?" I told him wiping away my tears that kept on falling.

"Get better soon...what is this? We just started dating not long ago and how can you just lie here like this? Get up soon so we can spend more time together." 

"Maybe...maybe...if you didn't come to Japan for me...this might not have happened. I feel like all these are my fault so can you wake up please? If you don't...I'm gonna end up blaming myself my whole life..." 

"I love you so wake up soon...I'll be waiting." I told him as I held his hands close to my heart and kissed his hand.

"Can you step out for a while? We need to check on him." Two nurses and a doctor came in. 

I let go of his hand and wiped away my tears and came out. 

Taeyong and Jessica were outside talking with two other people.

"Are you Soojung?" The woman asked.

"Yes."

"I didn't even know our Jaejoong was dating you. You look so pretty. My son knows how to choose a girl at least." She said while choking on her tears.

"It's nice to finally meet you." I told her with my head down as I tried to hide my tears.

"Don't cry..." She said as she held me into her embrace. " Everything will be fine...our Jaejoong will come back..."